Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages«<45678>»
Beware: They are coming for you!!!
thuks
#101 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 5:30:23 PM

butterflyke wrote:
thuks wrote:
McReggae wrote:

How does one know they've "Utalii drift" if it's not marked?

Hii mambo ya public notice kwa gazeti is insufficient....they could have used the money to do the marking along the designated areas so that each and every mwananchi is aware....I think it is not right for them to be so quick to arrest drivers when they do not.make sufficient effort to put up the appropriate markings.

I wan't shown a sign in the highway code that means read the newspaper for more rules smile smile
We are just meek and once 'caught', we just ask the 'munene' to help us instead of raising hell.
I care!
Ngong
#102 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:47:34 PM

washiku wrote:
On the way from Ndakaini, I decided to be a very good citizen. I was driving at the indicated speed in each section. I realised all parts are labeled. Maximum at 100, others at 80 and near bumps at 50. When I reached this Utalii drift, I expected to see 50kph sign, the one there is for 80 and after mteremko it changes to 100 and there was no other sign mpaka town. Now I was wondering, in case you are caught driving at 100, are you guilty yet the road is marked clearly 100kph?

Why not? Its in the newspapers!smile smile
maka
#103 Posted : Wednesday, October 08, 2014 7:48:59 AM

Ngong wrote:
washiku wrote:
On the way from Ndakaini, I decided to be a very good citizen. I was driving at the indicated speed in each section. I realised all parts are labeled. Maximum at 100, others at 80 and near bumps at 50. When I reached this Utalii drift, I expected to see 50kph sign, the one there is for 80 and after mteremko it changes to 100 and there was no other sign mpaka town. Now I was wondering, in case you are caught driving at 100, are you guilty yet the road is marked clearly 100kph?

You are not GUILTY my pal who is an advocate was caught over the weekend alongside Nduva Muli,he has decided to challenge this in court...hopefully things will change after his day in court...you cannot have signs as Washiku says of 80 and 100..yet you go ahead to arrest people who are doing over 50 thats just nonsense...
(2) It's your right to be shown the alleged infraction...when he asked the cops they threatened to throw him in...hapa there is no argument.
Will update you guys how it goes today...
possunt quia posse videntur
McReggae
#104 Posted : Wednesday, October 08, 2014 7:54:36 AM

maka wrote:
Ngong wrote:
washiku wrote:

You are not GUILTY my pal who is an advocate was caught over the weekend alongside Nduva Muli,he has decided to challenge this in court...hopefully things will change after his day in court...you cannot have signs as Washiku says of 80 and 100..yet you go ahead to arrest people who are doing over 50 thats just nonsense...
(2) It's your right to be shown the alleged infraction...when he asked the cops they threatened to throw him in...hapa there is no argument.

@maka, given the ruling that was given the other day, are the speed guns still valid?
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Euge
#105 Posted : Wednesday, October 08, 2014 7:58:49 AM

Ngong wrote:
washiku wrote:

But newspapers are not road signssmile
Lord, thank you!
Um Sayala
#106 Posted : Wednesday, October 08, 2014 10:08:09 AM

maka wrote:
Ngong wrote:
washiku wrote:

@Maka,
I fear for your advocate friend. He will definitely win in court but might lose his life. There is a precedent, na sio kitambo.
"Peace is our profession, War is our business" ...Unknown
mkeiy
#107 Posted : Wednesday, October 08, 2014 10:15:51 AM

Um Sayala wrote:
maka wrote:
Ngong wrote:
washiku wrote:

@Maka,
I fear for your advocate friend. He will definitely win in court but might lose his life. There is a precedent, na sio kitambo.

@Um Sayala, To whom will he lose his life to? The state? The whole of Kenya Police? The arresting police?

Why would he lose his life?
masukuma
#108 Posted : Wednesday, October 08, 2014 10:21:33 AM

mkeiy wrote:
Um Sayala wrote:
maka wrote:
Ngong wrote:
washiku wrote:

@Maka,

@Um Sayala, To whom will he lose his life to? The state? The whole of Kenya Police? The arresting police?

Why would he lose his life?

it depends on who it is... jua kali fellows like you and me should just sign the damn thing however ukiwa mkubwa kiasi (i hope that fellow is) you can ruffle feathers!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Um Sayala
#109 Posted : Wednesday, October 08, 2014 2:34:00 PM

There is this guy who stopped the alcoblow thro court. what was is name. is he still alive?
Euge
#110 Posted : Wednesday, October 08, 2014 2:50:59 PM

Um Sayala wrote:
There is this guy who stopped the alcoblow thro court. what was is name. is he still alive?

So going to court can be a "suicide tactic"?
Lord, thank you!
Forester
#111 Posted : Thursday, October 09, 2014 3:01:15 PM

Good people,
I am planning to remove cobwebs from my jap mitumba (pedal to the metal baby) the long weekend of 18-20th October heading to Nanyuki having heard some fighter jets zoom overhead today.

Questions:

1. What time do cops on Thika Road come out on saturdays? I plan to travel early to evade them like 7ish hivi.

2. Where are the speed guns located to ease the pedal?

Thanks smile
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Rankaz13
#112 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 2:37:45 AM

Forester wrote:
Good people,
I am planning to remove cobwebs from my jap mitumba (pedal to the metal baby) the long weekend of 18-20th October heading to Nanyuki having heard some fighter jets zoom overhead today.

Questions:

1. What time do cops on Thika Road come out on saturdays? I plan to travel early to evade them like 7ish hivi.

Thanks smile

Unsure of time but a few places to watch out for include (but are not limited to) the overpass to Garden Estate, Juja flyover, Blue post flyover area, Makuyu around Kakuzi area (mahali kuna zile transformer nyingi za stima) as well as Mayanja area as you approach Kambiti. Considering it'll be a long weekend, expect heavy outgoing traffic. smile
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Swenani
#113 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 9:39:41 AM

Forester wrote:
Good people,

Questions:

Thanks smile

Just obey and stick to the traffic rules and you need not worry about the cops and NTSAsmile smile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Um Sayala
#114 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 10:05:12 AM

Forester wrote:
Good people,

Questions:

Thanks smile

Obey the rules. Otherwise don't call us 'good people' and seek advice from 'bad people'
mburuke
#115 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:32:09 PM

good people they are on thika road on ur way from town. i guess the speed gun must be somewhere in muthaiga but the cops are at the survey bumbs.
One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything
Wainadi
#116 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:39:36 PM

mburuke wrote:
good people they are on thika road on ur way from town. i guess the speed gun must be somewhere in muthaiga but the cops are at the survey bumbs.

Thanks but ni kama umeumia tayari. Pole.
Its all good.
Pesa Nane
#117 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:48:09 PM

mburuke wrote:

d'oh!
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Impunity
#118 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:02:58 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
mburuke wrote:

d'oh!

The name itself is a short form of burukenge...so surprises for me.

smile smile
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

McReggae
#119 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:44:14 AM

Hot spots:
Thika road:
The speed gun is situated at Muthaiga Foot Bridge. They aim at your car as you approach from Pangani drift towards the main Thika highway from Muranga road. If you are doing any speeds above the stipulated 50kmh, your details are taken. Your car registration is passed on to the team that lays in wait at the Fox Drive In bumps/Zebra crossing next to GSU/ De la Rue area. You will then be charged accordingly.
Forest Road
The speed gun is situated near forest court apartments. They target vehicles come
from the Pangani Underpass and Overpass towards Forest road as you head towards
the Museum Hill underpass/Overpass- heading to Chiromo road or otherwise. As you approach the Shell Petrol station /rubble bumps/ Zebra crossing, your details will have been passed on and you are stopped for over speeding.
Mombasa Road
The speed gun is located somewhere between Vision Plaza and Sameer Business Park. They will pass your details to a team laying in wait at the Imara Daima junction, just after the bridge. You are then stopped for over speeding.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Mtafiti
#120 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:56:30 AM

Somebody showed me some five or six cameras on top of an electricity pole at a place called Karai near Naivasha turn-off junction. Shortly after, I found tens of personal cars stopped near the Total petrol station.