wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Has anyone one in this group got a job via Linkedin?
MunyaoTrader
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:24:50 PM

Has anyone in this group ever personally got a job offer via linkedin? Please share your experience.
Forester
#2 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 9:20:06 AM

MunyaoTrader wrote:
Has anyone in this group ever personally got a job offer via linkedin? Please share your experience.

Yes. I was head-hunted by a recruitment agency,went for the interview,passed but taking up the offer would have been career suicide considering the firm I currently work at.

Although the title was better than where I was then,perks still couldn't match&later,the firm was blacklisted by some Kenyan regulator. Glad I trusted God & my gut feeling.Same month,got a promo-see how God works?

Key point is to make your LinkedIn profile up to date and give it that all professional look,from your profile photo,education background and work experience. LinkedIn sio facebook,create a good professional image.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Swenani
#3 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 9:57:52 AM

MunyaoTrader wrote:

Yeap,I have received and taken up offers from Linkedin with one American and British company.

I do not think recruiters or companies in Kenya really use Linkedin(at least from my experience).My Linkedin page is only targeted at foreign companies(I gave up on applying for jobs from Kenyan companies because I was always calledfor jobs but never got any job offers.I had been stuckin my first job for a very long time).

The key to Linkedin is improving your visibilty(use key terms in your career, skills,qualifications,experience etc).That way if someboby is looking for candidates in your field,you will always appear on the first page.

Also the number of people who view you page help in increasing your visibility and rankings.

If you were to search for peoples in Kenya who are in my field, I always appear top.

I think if you are going to use Linkedin to market yourself,then you need to have a good online reputation.If you are one of the people who gets drunk silly and posts photos on facebook and use foul and abusive language forget about getting any job offers form Linkedin.Why, because if the employer bothered to search you on Linkedin, then they will probably search you on every social media including wazua.

If you are to search me online,the only place I will appear is on LinkedIn,university graduation list,my professional online membership listing and on twitter

I remember I joined LinkedIn and Facebook in 2007,then in 2010,I had to quit Facebook,I joined twitterin 2011 but i rarely post anything online,I just follow people for news and entertainment when am bored
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
kysse
#4 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 10:53:55 PM

I was contacted to refer 2 people for 2 positions opening up in Nbo on behalf of a multinational hq in SA.

I picked the best 2 that I could find.
An aptitude test was conducted plus several more Interviews at their Upper Hill office.
They Later called requesting me to verify the infor submitted by them, which I did.

Only one was picked.

LinkedIn is great for biz and networking.

newfarer
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:39:01 PM

yeah. LinkedIn is a valuable networking tool
punda amecheka
obiero
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:49:59 PM

i know of no one

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
dunkang
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 5:37:08 PM

Some recruiters ( Kimberly Ryan Ltd ) had sent me some email asking whether i would be interested in some Water Engineering job for their client, i never replied. I suspected it was those guys that ask for money or a month's salary since i googled its website and found out it was Nigerian.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

Wally5
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:55:17 PM

Linkedin is becoming a gamechanger for jobseekers. I decided to put in some effort in updating my profile and the response has been pleasing. Three opportunities in a space of as many months not to mention other recruiters based abroad who seem to have taken notice and kept me in their sights. I'd wholeheartedly recommend using it to supplement traditional job search methods
kysse
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:01:51 PM

dunkang wrote:
Some recruiters ( Kimberly Ryan Ltd ) had sent me some email asking whether i would be interested in some Water Engineering job for their client, i never replied. I suspected it was those guys that ask for money or a month's salary since i googled its website and found out it was Nigerian.

Below are yahoo yahoos online CEO's busy at work.Target>> gullible people esp old and rich european women,

Carry out thorough background search on a company before submitting your details online.
Swenani
#10 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 4:48:34 PM

dunkang wrote:

I do not know if its Nigerian but the Kimberly Ryan I know is a serious recruiter based at Rahimutulla(sp) towers in upperhill
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Pablo
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:55:51 PM

I did get an africa wide role from a Linkln recruitment agent.
They sent me the air tickets to attend interviews.

Dont disregard them.
smano
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:37:53 PM

My pal was called for an interview for a job to head marketing and customer service for a prominent service company through LinkedIn. She got the job.

BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
Ngong
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:20:56 PM

kysse wrote:
dunkang wrote:

Below are yahoo yahoos online CEO's busy at work.Target>> gullible people esp old and rich european women,

Carry out thorough background search on a company before submitting your details online.

Hahahaha,this last guy is king!
kivairu
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:21:52 PM

I see a lot of head-hunting going on there. Got some invite a couple of times before, requiring relocating, I chose to hold onto my current job. But its nice place to job hunt. I see some very lucrative job offers there , occasionally.

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
masukuma
#15 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 3:16:14 PM

I have gotten a few offers
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
newfarer
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 1:06:19 AM

Ngong wrote:
kysse wrote:
dunkang wrote:

Hahahaha,this last guy is king!

where is the second hand?
punda amecheka
its2013
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 11:02:12 PM

I've gotten invitations for applications though I've never applied because I'm not ready to relocate. A friend got a job via linkedin in the UK right after he completed his masters degree there. It's a great site for people in the job market.
Pretty hurts