sparkly
#441 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 1:17:51 AM

murchr wrote:
CASHFLOW202 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
@ cashflow202 please translate your post in english. Thanks

kaka2za wrote:

The kenyan property market is in a bubble that is about to bust (those asking what bubble just be advised from my statement). Home Africa is deep in this overpriced real estate market so it's not a stock to invest for the long term unless you are looking for small ROIs of abt 6pc. Do some research on it and you'll see the reality if you don't take my word for it.

What bubble?

Exactly... What bubble are we talking of?
Life is short. Live passionately.
murchr
#442 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:18:44 AM

Interesting thread smile @Obiero wewe ni mchokozi sana
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#443 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:18:17 PM

uchokozi lazima

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
obiero
#444 Posted : Friday, October 03, 2014 7:53:28 PM

i repeat. uchokozi lazima :)

obiero
#445 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:55:56 PM

Safaricom looks under pressure by Airtel, Orange, Equitel

mlennyma
#446 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:31:34 PM

I wish they can all teamup to finish it.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mawinder
#447 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:16:22 AM

obiero wrote:

This lady Muga Topyster who I once worked with her on a project will kill MPESA!!!!!
http://www.businessdaily...-/12dfvnhz/-/index.html
streetwise
#448 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:21:03 AM

Lets see if safaricom strategy team has been asleep. This is exciting.
Angelica _ann
#449 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:35:01 PM

mawinder wrote:
obiero wrote:

This lady Muga Topyster who I once worked with her on a project will kill MPESA!!!!!

Who were those crying business ethics in the britam thread!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Realtreaty
#450 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 2:10:37 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:
obiero wrote:

Who were those crying business ethics in the britam thread!

Liar A team is very important. Cytton left as a team and stole a few business ideals from Father Britam....but Britam says that not the only team, its just a catridge that shoots before the trigger is pulled and makes the owner clean the gun again. Acorn has the details that they have not revealed....either the intention to sell more shareholding to Britam in the longrun at a profit and avoid any unnecessary scrutiny. Cytton has just opened a secondary school where there are Primary schools.
By February 2015 we shall have known the truth in the turn of eventssmile Laughing out loudly
jwatesh
#451 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 8:48:48 AM

One thing that people forget is Safaricom has INFRASTRUCTURE... putting in ksh30 billion plus every year is no joke. In the telecommunication business building a reliable network is key...just how many transactions per second can the airtel network handle without crashing?
aemathenge
#452 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 1:41:16 PM

I want to think that reliability is key.

How reliable the infrastructure is under the pressure of stiff competition is yet to clearly come out.

Let the games begin.
obiero
#453 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 11:22:36 PM

jwatesh wrote:
One thing that people forget is Safaricom has INFRASTRUCTURE... putting in ksh30 billion plus every year is no joke. In the telecommunication business building a reliable network is key...just how many transactions per second can the airtel network handle without crashing?

Reliable kitu gani.. Safcom has the worst network as per their own admission!!!

Boris Boyka
#454 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 1:03:00 PM

wazuans should I sell airtel, equitel,sfcm stocks? @Obiero prepare the list "STOCKS TO SELL".enough of sfcm airtel equitel debate
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
jwatesh
#455 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 9:32:33 PM

obiero wrote:
jwatesh wrote:

Travel around Kenya and you will see my point on the network issue. In Nairobi it is just the case of congestion and lack of space for more towers. They are getting more spectrum from YU to solve this. Once acquisition is done they will have a bigger pipe to handle their traffic. They have their own inland fibre connected to a big number of the towers plus already started spectrum refarming. No other telco has invested this much in their network and has the ability to handle smartphone capacity demands.
jwatesh
#456 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 9:40:00 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
wazuans should I sell airtel, equitel,sfcm stocks? @Obiero prepare the list "STOCKS TO SELL".enough of sfcm airtel equitel debate

From a long term investor perspective, keep both safcom and equity stocks...most youth in campus dont have active bank accounts yet they spend most in safaricom, so win for safcom there (1 million new customers each year fresh from high school with nothing much to do but social media and chatting)
As for Equity, with Equitel they attract most pple's salary accounts who have dependants to send money to every month. More people will open their accounts here for that purpose. Minimizes withdrawing from atm to deposit on mpesa to send to your kids, parents etc. Just do it on Equitel....Equity is also outside Kenya and will be moving to Nigeria, Zambia. Ghana, DR Congo and maybe SA once mobile money settles
murchr
#457 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:47:24 AM

jwatesh wrote:
obiero wrote:
jwatesh wrote:

Travel around Kenya and you will see my point on the network issue. In Nairobi it is just the case of congestion and lack of space for more towers. They are getting more spectrum from YU to solve this. Once acquisition is done they will have a bigger pipe to handle their traffic. They have their own inland fibre connected to a big number of the towers plus already started spectrum refarming. No other telco has invested this much in their network and has the ability to handle smartphone capacity demands.

Dont waste too much energy on @Obiero, the guy sold his Safcom stock at 4.xy at a loss and he's never forgiven the green monster for rising beyond his belief. The numbers will tell.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Akenyan2014
#458 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:57:52 PM

murchr wrote:
jwatesh wrote:
obiero wrote:
jwatesh wrote:

Dont waste too much energy on @Obiero, the guy sold his Safcom stock at 4.xy at a loss and he's never forgiven the green monster for rising beyond his belief. The numbers will tell.

I once said elsewhere on this forum that some of our veterans here try to equate to zero value of companies that have immense assets. Like thinking Safaricom would have gone further down below the 2.6 pivot. At some levels of valuations emotions won't necessarily add much weight
dunkang
#459 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 7:39:14 PM

sparkly wrote:
murchr wrote:
CASHFLOW202 wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

kaka2za wrote:

The kenyan property market is in a bubble that is about to bust (those asking what bubble just be advised from my statement). Home Africa is deep in this overpriced real estate market so it's not a stock to invest for the long term unless you are looking for small ROIs of abt 6pc. Do some research on it and you'll see the reality if you don't take my word for it.

What bubble?

Exactly... What bubble are we talking of?

Home Afrika is a JOKE but there is no property bubble in Kenya, not even in 10 years.

What is going to happen, and is already happening, is prices will stagnate or slightly fall. Including rentals.

Just look around and you will notice. Just ask around and you will be told. Just listen "aloud", and you will hear.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

obiero
#460 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 8:18:49 AM

stocks to be sold immediately, OK its Sunday so maybe by early tomorrow.. transcentury, sameer, britam, eveready, express, marshalls, olympia, carbacid, eabl, msc, home afrika, tpsea.. i'l explain later