wazua Sat, Sep 21, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

65 Pages«<23456>»
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy!
kryptonite
#61 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:15:47 PM

Mariacha wrote:
suddenly its crickets in here, guys should update us on how they are fairing with the free fall.... anyone please...

Laughing out loudly Wacha uchokozi
The harder you work, the luckier you get
mawinder
#62 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:17:43 PM

kryptonite wrote:
Mariacha wrote:
suddenly its crickets in here, guys should update us on how they are fairing with the free fall.... anyone please...

Laughing out loudly Wacha uchokozi

Got some units at 34, but this is my retirement scheme, just hope it is not the anchor share holders who were exiting!!!!!!!!!
murchr
#63 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:56:16 PM

Metasploit wrote:
Golden rule of trading..

volume action and price effect or price action and volume effect.

what i see in centum is

DEMAND 400 @ 64
800 @ 63.5
6100 @ 63
2200 @ 62.50
80900@ 62

SUPPLY 65 @ 4200

The same has been the case throughout the price ascension from 40s level.This lack of solid demand and supply suppression speaks volumes.

Any upward price movement should be sustained by demand volume and traded volume

Otherwise you get gaps.

Same thing hapenning to Britam now (from 20 levels).The demand volumes arent convincing..

BULL TRAP!

They have to be filled
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
DBLyon
#64 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:29:40 PM

jawgey wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:
In the mean time, the upward trend continues. 33.5 printed.

That was partly me offloading my small stash at 33.5. smile smile smile

So did you completely alight the mbus? smile

Yes, I did. Happily so. I will wait for more sober times to get back in.
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
Realtreaty
#65 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:47:33 PM

DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:

smile smile I asked a question, "why do you think BAT is at 880Kes and not Britam?" You assume Britam cannot move up to that?
Market for a product/service is the main determinant! Cocacola has survived to to market and improvement of the product together with bringing in new products of high quality.
In most homes you find a TV made in china, this has boosted China to become the second strongest economy in the world.
What is the cost of a share of FACEBOOK?
murchr
#66 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:06:15 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:

smile smile I asked a question, "why do you think BAT is at 880Kes and not Britam?" You assume Britam cannot move up to that?Market for a product/service is the main determinant! Cocacola has survived to to market and improvement of the product together with bringing in new products of high quality.
In most homes you find a TV made in china, this has boosted China to become the second strongest economy in the world.

Are you for real? If no one answered you its because the question is absurd, completely baloney. Maybe you need to first understand the basics between demand and supply. Look at BAT, the total number of shares out there = 100,000,000.00 Mostly owned by foreigners with deep pockets and old wanjiku who is more bound to hold forever because of the div. Right now 1 BAT share earns Kes37+ they give almost all their profits as divs.

For Britam they have 1,891,451,850 issued shares. 1 share earns Kes 1.40 cents As for products, what Britam is selling is sold better by Jubilee and CFC so there's nothing spectacular akin to Facebook or Coke. BAT has smokers locked in.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
lochaz-index
#67 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:44:29 PM

@realtreaty... If britam were able to steadily/viciously expand their market share/earnings via embracing the masses with corresponding market lockdown ie safaricom/equity style then and only then can the fair value climb to those lofty levels. As it stands its share price is just a sitting duck taking a pounding and rightly so.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Realtreaty
#68 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 12:21:23 PM

The share will not rest. It will stabilise only 6 months after President Uhuru opens the "Britam Tower"
Britam Tower in Upper Hill, Nairobi’s financial hub, at an approximate cost of Kshs 7 billion. The 31-storey building is the flagship project of Britam’s property portfolio. When completed in 2015, the tower is projected to be the tallest building in Kenya and the third tallest in Africa.

This unique complex will feature a collection of wind turbines hung off a central spire. The turbines will generate power for some parts of the building and will be the symbol of the iconic building, making it a city landmark.

The tower has several green features to comply with international green regulations. The complex will comprise of an atrium with the tower housing office, accommodation on the top levels and retail facilities, including banking halls, restaurants and shops on the ground and mezzanine levels.
Realtreaty
#69 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 12:48:41 PM

murchr wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:

smile smile I asked a question, "why do you think BAT is at 880Kes and not Britam?" You assume Britam cannot move up to that?Market for a product/service is the main determinant! Cocacola has survived the market and improvement of the product together with bringing in new products of high quality.

Are you for real? If no one answered you its because the question is absurd, completely baloney. Maybe you need to first understand the basics between demand and supply. Look at BAT, the total number of shares out there = 100,000,000.00 Mostly owned by foreigners with deep pockets and old wanjiku who is more bound to hold forever because of the div. Right now 1 BAT share earns Kes37+ they give almost all their profits as divs.

For Britam they have 1,891,451,850 issued shares. 1 share earns Kes 1.40 cents As for products, what Britam is selling is sold better by Jubilee and CFC so there's nothing spectacular akin to Facebook or Coke. BAT has smokers locked in.

Shame on you i love it when you beat around the bush just to say the same thing I have depicted. Are you assuming just the number of shares(Liquidity) make the difference? You just held your hammer near the load to show me how to quickly nail down a Nail!Why is it that Sameer with less than 280M shares is at 7 bob?
murchr
#70 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 2:07:58 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
murchr wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:

smile smile I asked a question, "why do you think BAT is at 880Kes and not Britam?" You assume Britam cannot move up to that?Market for a product/service is the main determinant! Cocacola has survived the market and improvement of the product together with bringing in new products of high quality.

Shame on you i love it when you beat around the bush just to say the same thing I have depicted. Are you assuming just the number of shares(Liquidity) make the difference? You just held your hammer near the load to show me how to quickly nail down a Nail!Why is it that Sameer with less than 280M shares is at 7 bob?

Dude you need some financial education wacha nikusaidie,

Sameer issued shares - 278,342,000
Merali = 14.9% Hes selling btw
eps - 1.74
poor div policy = 30cents

Ask wazuans why Merali is not trusted, imports of cheaper tires etc...still its no coke

Realtreaty
#71 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 10:56:39 AM

murchr wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
murchr wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
jawgey wrote:

Dude you need some financial education wacha nikusaidie,

Sameer issued shares - 278,342,000
Merali = 14.9% Hes selling btw
eps - 1.74
poor div policy = 30cents

Ask wazuans why Merali is not trusted, imports of cheaper tires etc...still its no coke

Shame on you That is in Kenyan parlance "Overrapping" its not any of financial edu. Synonymous to Nairobi matatus where drivers assume they are steady and perfect. Market is not only about Dividend , we have capital gains, growth fundamentals, backoffice deals, demand -supply orientations the people-trust, mergers etc.
whiteowl
#72 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:43:33 PM

Britam can hit 100/= and Jubilee can hit 1,000/=. Nowadays all dreams at the NSE are valid.
kasibitta
#73 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:51:08 PM

whiteowl wrote:
Britam can hit 100/= and Jubilee can hit 1,000/=. Nowadays all dreams at the NSE are valid.

Dreams are valid gets a new definition....smile Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
yangmony
#74 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:38:13 PM

someone advice when I should dispose my 9bob britam shares
Realtreaty
#75 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:57:38 PM

yangmony wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly You can only sell when you need the money. If you have a project that can suffice the going price, its your ordinate responsibility to make a cheque.
erifloss
#76 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:58:27 PM

Its the money season.
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary
mlennyma
#77 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 5:36:14 PM

www.businessdailyafrica....6/-/130ul90/-/index.html
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mlennyma
#78 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 6:06:03 PM

I like bold men,they look like directors too,let them list their company on the nse onetime.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
maka
#79 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:05:44 PM

yangmony wrote:

Ummmh Mondaysmile
possunt quia posse videntur
muganda
#80 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:39:22 AM

I've picked on a thread by wananchi (wenye machungu) on Britam's woes under the tag #BritamisBurning

Followed by additional claims of deliberate misinformation of insiders by outsiders https://twitter.com/pesa_Africa/status/522663597869375488 And attribution of challenges to staff exits.

On the level BRIT down 26% from 23-Sep high, but still up 97% year to date.