Kenya bids to host AFCON 2017
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 01, 2014 5:27:09 PM

He he ati ajua lol made my evening.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 01, 2014 5:44:18 PM

Yaani you are still insisting that renovation of the stadia in Mombasa, Eldoret and Kisumu to host AFCON is 1.5B/-? To me, the only stadium ready for AFCON is Kasarani, all the others proposed need some to a lot of work.

Yes we can host it, but it will be a shame. Or should i said, it won't be an "experience".

Look at those terraces at Kip-Keino Eldoret.

I see you have completely and ignorantly refused to understand the meaning of the word TENTATIVE
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 01, 2014 6:34:51 PM

Kenya can successfully host this thing, I don't see why people see it as a joke!
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 01, 2014 6:39:22 PM

Yaani you are still insisting that renovation of the stadia in Mombasa, Eldoret and Kisumu to host AFCON is 1.5B/-? To me, the only stadium ready for AFCON is Kasarani, all the others proposed need some to a lot of work.

Yes we can host it, but it will be a shame. Or should i said, it won't be an "experience".

Look at those terraces at Kip-Keino Eldoret.

I see you have completely and ignorantly refused to understand the meaning of the word TENTATIVE

Dictionary definition or Kenyan?
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 02, 2014 12:15:10 AM

How comes everyone is seeing this as a super joke except @Swenani? That budget of 1.5B/- just made me laugh! Hiyo hata sio mchezo, ni UPUMBAVU!

Its true Burkina Faso hosted the 1998 edition in only two centers (Ouagadougou and Bobodioulassou), but seriously, i don't think Kenya should host just for the sake of hosting.

KES1,500,000,000.00 budget is a no no no no for me for a continental competition, unless its "ajua" we are hosting.

ati ajua Laughing out loudly
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 02, 2014 2:47:29 AM

butterflyke wrote:
How comes everyone is seeing this as a super joke except @Swenani? That budget of 1.5B/- just made me laugh! Hiyo hata sio mchezo, ni UPUMBAVU!

Its true Burkina Faso hosted the 1998 edition in only two centers (Ouagadougou and Bobodioulassou), but seriously, i don't think Kenya should host just for the sake of hosting.

KES1,500,000,000.00 budget is a no no no no for me for a continental competition, unless its "ajua" we are hosting.

#27 Posted : Thursday, October 02, 2014 9:26:08 AM

Kenya can successfully host this thing, I don't see why people see it as a joke!

hapa niko na wewe and @swenani

And why is your rank "user" @swenani? umefanyia admin nini?
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 02, 2014 3:07:14 PM

@Alba.....Perhaps you can explain how Gabon and Equitorial Guinea won the rights to host AFCON 2012. The stadium which hosted the final was not even in existence when the two countries submitted their bid, they broke ground mid 2010 and opened it in Nov 2011. Btw the whole tournament was hosted in only 4 venues across the two countries. If you can recall the venues were not what you would call "state of the art" but they still managed to host a somewhat successful tournament.

Btw Kenya were awarded the rights to host the AFCON 1996 but pulled out to due to lack of government funding, our facilities then were not any better than they are now.

You do not need state of the art stadia. But the stadia in Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru and Eldoret simply will not cut it.

Does anyone here really think that there is a stadium outside Nairobi that can host this tournament?
If so please tell us which one.

CAF will never trust Kenya because of our sheer mediocrity. Kenya was awarded the hosting rights for 1996 and given several years to build a stadium in another town outside Nrb. Kumbe they were just joking with CAF. They dilly dallied, politics interfered and soon CAF realized Kenya were just joking and took the hosting rights away from Kenya. On top of that, Kenya was banned for 4 years.

Since CAF will never trust Kenya, then Kenya has to first build stadia before bidding.

And Kenya's hosting record for lesser tournaments is too shambolic. Kenyans should stop accepting mediocrity.
Mucene
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 02, 2014 3:08:11 PM

butterflyke wrote:

If you don't want to go to plan B have a good plan A.
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 02, 2014 4:10:35 PM

hapa niko na wewe and @swenani

And why is your rank "user" @swenani? umefanyia admin nini?

She is just horny!
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 02, 2014 4:26:47 PM

Del
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:36:58 PM

CAF has rightly laughed off Kenya's bid for AFCON 2017 and 2019. Our sports officials including the sports ministry are just jokers. Eti Machakos can host AFCON. Ghitu ghani hii? We need serious people running sports in Kenya bana.