wazua Thu, May 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Bonds, housing or business
Dudette
#1 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 5:53:14 AM

@All Wazuans

The debate issue at the Sunset Mbuzi left me pondering what was the best answer.

On a serious note, with 10 million, what would you do with it given the three fields to invest it in? Would you put the cash in bonds or build a house or get into business with it? If we can deal with real life cases, the better. I got inspired somewhere.
muganda
#2 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 7:48:02 AM

Okay okay; was there incognito (in separate body from the Ted Muganda) and must say it was an interesting debate topic.

If I had the money, I would choose Business first. I know everyone says you need the acumen etc etc. But guess what, everybody knows something well, some hobby, something their parents did etc. Business can change your life. Even if it's the business of real estate...

Then I'd put aside small portion of the money for bond. Bonds pay coupons (almost akin to rent) every so often and are a guaranteed say 12.5%.

The beauty about the choice is you can do both together.
bnti
#3 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 10:42:21 AM

First, thanks wazua admin for that mbuzi plot. it was fun, educative and was very interactive. the food platters were yum

10M.... hmmm i think id do everything , what would vary is the proportion put in each. i would invest like 8m in a property (near the CBD), 1 M i would buy bonds and put the other 1 M in a business.
each has its advantages and disadvantages lakini
Emiseda
#4 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 12:06:00 PM

Ya ! i would also go with highbrid... use 7 million to buy a house for letting,1 million for bonds and 2 million for business