wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<567
The women of Awasi...SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mawinder
#121 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 2:18:33 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
We can open an Ekwete account for that noble project and give timely reports on the funds.

On whose land are the boreholes to be drilled?Why Equity which is not Awasi friendly?This fundraising is a ploy to potray Luos in bad light.
sheri
#122 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 2:19:25 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
My pledge of Ksh 10,000/= if the above questions are answered to satisfaction. The cordinator selected can reach me @ Iganamagana(at)gmail.com.

My pledge sh5000.
Total pledges so far sh15000.

I will offer my prayers and moral support
Jus Blazin
#123 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 2:20:55 PM

mawinder wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
We can open an Ekwete account for that noble project and give timely reports on the funds.

On whose land are the boreholes to be drilled?Why Equity which is not Awasi friendly?This fundraising is a ploy to potray Luos in bad light.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Jesus. We are talking of suggestions @mawinder. Like @famooz said, we need to come up with a plan. @Impunity will revert.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Impunity
#124 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 2:24:57 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Jesus. We are talking of suggestions @mawinder. Like @famooz said, we need to come up with a plan. @Impunity will revert.

Wachana na @mawinder, he is not aware that 90% of all Kisumu county are banked with Equity.
Equity is suggested coz they have accounts for those kind of fundraising and may even contribute monetarily to the cause.

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

MKWASI
#125 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 2:26:51 PM

While I applaud the Great Wazuans for this noble project. Hat off Men.

Let us not bury our heads in the sand. We have our elected leaders and we have devolved governments. Is it that we are not having our priorities right??

Impunity
#126 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 2:33:51 PM

MKWASI wrote:
While I applaud the Great Wazuans for this noble project. Hat off Men.

Let us not bury our heads in the sand. We have our elected leaders and we have devolved governments. Is it that we are not having our priorities right??

We have devolved fund even in the Ukambani-Eastern province yet the region has the LARGEST charity organization in Kenya to date!

We know the challenges our leaders have and we know we are a third world country.
We cannot sit down and wait for our relatives and friends to suffer inhuman acts as we watch yet we can help them.

We have resolved to supplement the devolved gaament!

harrydre
#127 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 12:57:28 AM

washiku wrote:
MKWASI wrote:
This story was revisited yesterday in one of the local news channel. It appears the "leaders" were not moved!!!

I think the problem is with the constitution, we need to change a few clauses to provide water to the women of Awasi.

And the denial continues. The once celebrated CORD TV is now an enemy. SMH.

https://www.facebook.com/robertalai?fref=nf

Quote:
Robert Alai Onyango
14 hrs ·
After Citizen TV's Sally Mbilu did a shallow piece on Awasi sex pests without any proof of the act, a view of the county and provincial administration or confessions of the victims, now the station is turning the pathetic report tribal.
Julie who always has this ethnic lense while reporting stuff goes "the plight of Luo women is sad as their leaders concentrate on referendum." So each community has own government in Kenya? Who is the president of Kenya? Why is it that the criminal acts of sex predators in Nyanza are not blamed on the police, provincial administration and the president? This sorry ass journalism stinks.
Royal media goes ethnic on even the most obvious reports. What is this station degenerating into? It is really sad.

Achana na Alai, mbona he never complained about this piece here?

@Impunity, very noble idea now this is positive energy. I am supportive of this initiative but first the questions raised above need to be addressed to everyone's satisfaction. The following also went through my mind:

*** Land issue...where will this borehole be sunk? Someone's homestead? Mama ODm's home? Will it be accessible to all that need the water for free?

*** Will 1 Borehole be the ultimate solution? Will it eradicate this issue completely or will some women still need to travel long distances to this borehole? What's the lifespan of a borehole for a whole village in need?

*** for every action there are consequences. If we sink this borehole and provide free water to the women, the genuine men doing business to make a living will not be happy. The sex Pests will have no more prey. The politicians will see this as an attempt to finish their careers. So definitely I foresee sabotage or the men will attempt to take over the borehole and the same cycle will repeat itself. What's the plan to counter that?

My pledge - 15k once I am comfortable this idea is workable.

If this works, we will definitely award you an Honorary Wazua PhD in Engineering!! smile
i.am.back!!!!
murchr
#128 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 4:38:10 AM

Hii nchi haina mjumbe bungeni, muwakilishi senate, ama gavana? Je kuna muwakilishi wa kina mama aliyetoka huko? When the feature ran on TV did the reporter approach any of these leaders? Until we put our leaders to task, dont ever expect them to work on any project. Mimi sitachanga. Because i pay taxes thru my nose.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Impunity
#129 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 9:42:53 AM

murchr wrote:
Hii nchi haina mjumbe bungeni, muwakilishi senate, ama gavana? Je kuna muwakilishi wa kina mama aliyetoka huko? When the feature ran on TV did the reporter approach any of these leaders? Until we put our leaders to task, dont ever expect them to work on any project. Mimi sitachanga. Because i pay taxes thru my nose.

Sawa tu, remember what goes around always come around!
Sad

AlphDoti
#130 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 10:18:26 AM

So this has turn tribal? Sad d'oh!

I agree we need to clear some questions, but surely bringing issues to do with "oh where are the senators, oh where are the mps, oh where are the governors..." If they were there, would this women be suffering?

And I have not seen the usual blaring team: @ecstacy, @kukiri, @lonest, etc. Ama the location betrays the project?

And I have not seen the ladies say anything... kina @angelina, @wendz etc

I'm not trying to force anyone into this. Of course it is voluntary. But imagine if 100 Wazuans come out, giving average of sh5000, that is cool sh500,000.

NOTE: I'm not even from that region, just in case some of you want to make it political. But I'm Kenyan.
Impunity
#131 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 11:07:59 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
So this has turn tribal? Sad d'oh!

I agree we need to clear some questions, but surely bringing issues to do with "oh where are the senators, oh where are the mps, oh where are the governors..." If they were there, would this women be suffering?

And I have not seen the usual blaring team: @ecstacy, @kukiri, @lonest, etc. Ama the location betrays the project?

And I have not seen the ladies say anything... kina @angelina, @wendz etc

I'm not trying to force anyone into this. Of course it is voluntary. But imagine if 100 Wazuans come out, giving average of sh5000, that is cool sh500,000.

NOTE: I'm not even from that region, just in case some of you want to make it political. But I'm Kenyan.

Let us give them time, especially the wazualets, I hope they will soon buy the idea.
@Angelica_ann and @famooz are already in it, kina @wendz,@bigchick etal will soon come in.

McReggae
#132 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 12:48:39 PM

My opinion is obviously different!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mawinder
#133 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 12:51:36 PM

McReggae wrote:

Give your opinion, hope it is like mine!!!!!
Impunity
#134 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 1:02:59 PM

McReggae wrote:

What is your opinion brother?
Sad

McReggae
#135 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 1:22:12 PM

Impunity wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Sad

What are we addressing here?

Lack of water in Awasi?.....there are worse places in Kenya lacking water.

Rapists?.....the law should firmly deal with them!!!!!

The headline was sex for fish...more than 98% of women in Awasi live a dignified life without having to sell their bodies for sex, Is it then that we are trying to address prostitution through the back door?......boreholes will never stop prostitution.

You see Sex for fish and now sex for water are really sensationalized. Everyone who has sex has it for some reward. Educated women in Nairobi have sex with rich dudes and get bought houses and cars (sex for house/car), others get money (sex for cash), others do it for kids (sex for babies) Ordinary mortals do it for love (sex for mapenzi). The villagers can't buy women cars and houses for sex, so they exchange sex for smaller things like water and fish. Sex is a gist, a reward, a covenant. It has to be done for a reason!!!!
mawinder
#136 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 1:28:02 PM

One wazuan with influence in Awasi has concluded there is no rape but ordinary eating of fish.So sad that from the way they handled Miguna Miguna when he took there development, this project shall not take off.
McReggae
#137 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 1:32:14 PM

ION!!

urstill1
#138 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 1:45:00 PM

harrydre wrote:
washiku wrote:
MKWASI wrote:
This story was revisited yesterday in one of the local news channel. It appears the "leaders" were not moved!!!

I think the problem is with the constitution, we need to change a few clauses to provide water to the women of Awasi.

And the denial continues. The once celebrated CORD TV is now an enemy. SMH.

https://www.facebook.com/robertalai?fref=nf

Quote:
Robert Alai Onyango
14 hrs ·
After Citizen TV's Sally Mbilu did a shallow piece on Awasi sex pests without any proof of the act, a view of the county and provincial administration or confessions of the victims, now the station is turning the pathetic report tribal.
Julie who always has this ethnic lense while reporting stuff goes "the plight of Luo women is sad as their leaders concentrate on referendum." So each community has own government in Kenya? Who is the president of Kenya? Why is it that the criminal acts of sex predators in Nyanza are not blamed on the police, provincial administration and the president? This sorry ass journalism stinks.
Royal media goes ethnic on even the most obvious reports. What is this station degenerating into? It is really sad.

Achana na Alai, mbona he never complained about this piece here?

@Impunity, very noble idea now this is positive energy. I am supportive of this initiative but first the questions raised above need to be addressed to everyone's satisfaction. The following also went through my mind:

*** Land issue...where will this borehole be sunk? Someone's homestead? Mama ODm's home? Will it be accessible to all that need the water for free?

*** Will 1 Borehole be the ultimate solution? Will it eradicate this issue completely or will some women still need to travel long distances to this borehole? What's the lifespan of a borehole for a whole village in need?

*** for every action there are consequences. If we sink this borehole and provide free water to the women, the genuine men doing business to make a living will not be happy. The sex Pests will have no more prey. The politicians will see this as an attempt to finish their careers. So definitely I foresee sabotage or the men will attempt to take over the borehole and the same cycle will repeat itself. What's the plan to counter that?

My pledge - 15k once I am comfortable this idea is workable.

If this works, we will definitely award you an Honorary Wazua PhD in Engineering!! smile

I'm not from Awasi or related to that part of the country but for once I've liked your comment. Objective.
harrydre
#139 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 2:03:17 PM

McReggae wrote:
Impunity wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Sad

The headline was sex for fish...more than 98% of women in Awasi live a dignified life without having to sell their bodies for sex, Is it then that we are trying to address prostitution through the back door?......boreholes will never stop prostitution.

You see Sex for fish and now sex for water are really sensationalized. Everyone who has sex has it for some reward. Educated women in Nairobi have sex with rich dudes and get bought houses and cars (sex for house/car), others get money (sex for cash), others do it for kids (sex for babies) Ordinary mortals do it for love (sex for mapenzi). The villagers can't buy women cars and houses for sex, so they exchange sex for smaller things like water and fish. Sex is a gist, a reward, a covenant. It has to be done for a reason!!!!

I don't think we care about those who do it willingly, it's about those few that are forcefully made to have sex for water and those at high risk due to distance and the hour they have to wake up to go fetch water.
i.am.back!!!!
AlphDoti
#140 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 3:27:02 PM

McReggae wrote:
Impunity wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Sad

You've left me thinking a bit Think