wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

47 Pages«<2122232425>»
Matatu Business
kaka2za
#441 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 10:34:11 AM

MuzeeMumonja wrote:
Managed to convince NIC Bank to finance me 60% for a NQR 33 seater. Got a KCA B no less, hopefully going live in a few. I am in discussions with an old hand in the route am interested in to take charge of a driver/manager role. Will keep members posted of how it goes.

That was fast! It took me at least a month to get a chassis and another 2 months to build the body.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
meme
#442 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 11:07:26 AM

I have been following this thread for quite sometime now and I think I now have the guts to take a dip.
I am interested in the Karen-Bomas route because of the following reasons.
1.I work in Karen at a job where I can moniter the matatu every so often.
2.The entire fleet of matatus on this route are very old and thus 'cheap' I do not have alot of money to risk.
3. Most of the matatus are owned by cops and so there is zero police presence.
My greatest concern is the risk of buying an old matatu.How do you ascertain its condition and how to choose a good crew.
Any advice is welcome
Patience. You cannot have a baby in one month by impregnating nine women....
kaka2za
#443 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 11:34:05 AM

meme wrote:
I have been following this thread for quite sometime now and I think I now have the guts to take a dip.
2.The entire fleet of matatus on this route are very old and thus 'cheap' I do not have alot of money to risk.
My greatest concern is the risk of buying an old matatu.How do you ascertain its condition and how to choose a good crew.
Any advice is welcome

Please find out why the existing fleet consists of old vehicles. There might some powerful barriers to entry.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
meme
#444 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 11:43:51 AM

kaka2za wrote:
meme wrote:
Any advice is welcome

Please find out why the existing fleet consists of old vehicles. There might some powerful barriers to entry.

Will do that and revert.
matatuman
#445 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 12:22:26 PM

kaka2za wrote:
meme wrote:
Any advice is welcome

Interesting this should come up, I once eyed that route with the intention of introducing more decent vehicles. I can tell you for free that its very lucrative far better than town to graffins. Shida ni hao vijana. Try find out who owns the Supervalu fleet. Used to be all sharks and the only decent vehicles on that route. I never got to find out.
meme
#446 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 11:26:59 AM

matatuman wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
meme wrote:
Any advice is welcome

Interesting this should come up, I once eyed that route with the intention of introducing more decent vehicles. I can tell you for free that its very lucrative far better than town to graffins. Shida ni hao vijana. Try find out who owns the Supervalu fleet. Used to be all sharks and the only decent vehicles on that route. I never got to find out.

I can get you the contacts for the guy who owns supervalu, he happens to be a client of mine. He is also the lead guy at Lankana and a former cop.
matatuman
#447 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:15:42 PM

meme wrote:
matatuman wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
meme wrote:
Any advice is welcome

I can get you the contacts for the guy who owns supervalu, he happens to be a client of mine. He is also the lead guy at Lankana and a former cop.

Then you are in the money my friend coz Supervalu have colonized that route from as far back as 2010. I say go for it but talk to him first. Some people can be overly protective of their turf.
meme
#448 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:46:15 PM

matatuman wrote:
meme wrote:
matatuman wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
meme wrote:
Any advice is welcome

Then you are in the money my friend coz Supervalu have colonized that route from as far back as 2010. I say go for it but talk to him first. Some people can be overly protective of their turf.

@matatuman, thanks. I will talk to him.
Mjasirii
#449 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 8:48:36 PM

Any updates on the TLB or should I just forget about another unit till next year.
jerry
#450 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 7:52:58 PM

Mjasirii wrote:
Any updates on the TLB or should I just forget about another unit till next year.

Why next year and what are you sure about next year?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Mjasirii
#451 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:36:24 AM

jerry wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:

With the on-going Lobbying am positive the outcome will be favorable, this year is done if they allow registration it will be within a time limit however for next year guys must renew and that’s where we take advantage.
jerry
#452 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:29:18 PM

Mjasirii wrote:
jerry wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:

With the on-going Lobbying am positive the outcome will be favorable, this year is done if they allow registration it will be within a time limit however for next year guys must renew and that’s where we take advantage.

@Mjasirii. What do you mean?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Hunderwear
#453 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:25:43 PM

Gentlemen n ladies of great wazua and matatu operators,how do you deal with overzealous police who are keen on frustrating your matatu?Mine has been targetted day in day out during peak hours.
Am almost unable to run the biz due to this.
Please advice
subaru
#454 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:58:14 PM

@ hunder who have u employed as a driver sit down and talk with him
Hunderwear
#455 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 9:00:07 AM

subaru wrote:

His idea aint working bana.
Rankaz13
#456 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 9:32:09 PM

Hunderwear wrote:
subaru wrote:

d'oh! Which idea is this? Find out exactly what your driver is doing wrong. You may have to befriend the cops and hear their side of the story. Chances are, right now, you only have the driver's side of the story- eti oh anaonewa, etc etc. Get to know the other side's story too. It could be that your driver is unnecessarily 'abrasive' towards them.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
matatuman
#457 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 9:39:07 PM

Hunderwear wrote:
subaru wrote:

Whose idea? The driver's? Maybe you can share with us what the "idea" is.
DtheK
#458 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 12:41:14 PM

@hunder they mean may be your driver is not bribing?
matatuman
#459 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:20:57 PM

DtheK wrote:
@hunder they mean may be your driver is not bribing?

Not exactly, the driver could be just plain rude to the cops. Either doesn't stop when flagged down or insults them.
matatuman
#460 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:22:29 PM

Watu wa basi wamenyamaza sana...
@MuzeeMumonja: How is the bus faring? What route is it on and how is the experience so far?