wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Nakumatt IPO in 6-12 months.
Eugene_
#1 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 5:41:50 AM

A well managed co. with a proven track record. At the right price, this will be definitely a buy!!
jwatesh
#2 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 8:25:26 AM

They should IPO as soon as possible, their expansion is incredible especially with their huge malls. I have seen they have now embarked on heavy expansion in Tanzania, where these huge malls aint many. I want in... I hope they one day go into Nigeria and get online there
Kastone
#3 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 10:01:13 AM

They've been allegedly having IPOs since 2011. This is not news
“The beauty of success is that it doesn’t matter how many times you have failed, you only have to be right once and then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” - Mark Cuban
guru267
#4 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 10:19:23 AM

Eugene_ wrote:
A well managed co. with a proven track record. At the right price, this will be definitely a buy!!

Get your facts right!

IPO is in 3 years..
In 6-12 months they are selling 25% to a private party.
Westgate derailed the previous IPO attempt
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
maka
#5 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 10:42:55 AM

Actually in 5 years.
possunt quia posse videntur
DBLyon
#6 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 10:46:38 AM

guru267 wrote:
Eugene_ wrote:

Get your facts right!

IPO is in 3 years..

@guru smile

I have also heard that they don't own the malls they operate in. They rent them all their space, they are not into real estate. So possibly no malls either.
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
Eugene_
#7 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 11:02:24 AM

If they dont get a private party soon enough, then the IPO wont be long. Coz these guys are keen on expansion but the bottomline is thin.
Swenani
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 10:47:38 AM

guru267 wrote:
Eugene_ wrote:

Get your facts right!

IPO is in 3 years..

Get your factsright IPO is in 5 years smile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
guru267
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 11:52:11 AM

Swenani wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Eugene_ wrote:

Get your facts right!

IPO is in 3 years..

Get your factsright IPO is in 5 years smile

Its in 3-5 years!
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
mlennyma
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 10:23:21 PM

The gava is broke,let them bring something like central bank ipo we give them big money...just sweet dreams.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
NEWBEE
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:55:01 AM

they did not say an ipo really, the listing will be through introduction.
in the next 6-12 months they are selling 25% to a strategic partner. then in a year or two the listing and it will be cross listing.

rather than argue about the listing dates why not discuss the prospects of it being a viable buy or not. wzua is no longer what it used to be. lets get back to when it was market discussion and less or how much i have invested. know your worth keep calm make more. you never see a Rolls-Royce ad on t.v because they know their worth so they keep calm.
the nakummat listing has been an enigma for a time though lets wait and see if this time they are for real. my two pence contribution
VituVingiSana
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:25:53 PM

Hey @newbee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Squv4KI751w
A Rolls Royce Ad... On youtube... Not sure if it was on TV
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
murchr
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:52:05 AM

NEWBEE wrote:
they did not say an ipo really, the listing will be through introduction.
in the next 6-12 months they are selling 25% to a strategic partner. then in a year or two the listing and it will be cross listing.

rather than argue about the listing dates why not discuss the prospects of it being a viable buy or not. wzua is no longer what it used to be. lets get back to when it was market discussion and less or how much i have invested. know your worth keep calm make more. you never see a Rolls-Royce ad on t.v because they know their worth so they keep calm.
the nakummat listing has been an enigma for a time though lets wait and see if this time they are for real. my two pence contribution

What is that? And why is Nakumatt an enigma?? In case you have not noticed, in this republic, people discuss whatever they feel like however, and whenever and its a choice to comment on whatever. Now if you feel you can drive a better discussion why not do it instead of spilling hogwash here?

The reason why you don't see that RR TV commercial, is because you are definitely not the targeted audience, i guess u know why.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
The optimist
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 09, 2014 8:00:22 AM

Nakumatt has opened a branch along Lunga lunga in industrial area. Am yet to understand the business sense behind it considering its location.
Swenani
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 09, 2014 9:48:45 AM

The optimist wrote:
Nakumatt has opened a branch along Lunga lunga in industrial area. Am yet to understand the business sense behind it considering its location.

Do you know how many people work in Industrial area.Shopping after work will be better to them than shopping during weekends.

I guess thats why Tuskys have two branches in Industrial area
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
watesh
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 1:31:09 PM

Nakumatt expanding in Western Kenya through an acquisition http://www.businessdaily...0/-/m9qt35/-/index.html

Meanwhile, we are still waiting for that NSE listing since Uchumi has lost most of its goodwill. I did a small experiment at 11am on a Friday. Went to the Uchumi in the CBD Aga Khan walk, inside its basically a ghost town. Proceeded to Nakumatt Moi Avenue afterwards, frenzy of activity inside. High activity actually.
mawinder
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 5:41:19 PM

watesh wrote:
Nakumatt expanding in Western Kenya through an acquisition http://www.businessdaily...0/-/m9qt35/-/index.html

Meanwhile, we are still waiting for that NSE listing since Uchumi has lost most of its goodwill. I did a small experiment at 11am on a Friday. Went to the Uchumi in the CBD Aga Khan walk, inside its basically a ghost town. Proceeded to Nakumatt Moi Avenue afterwards, frenzy of activity inside. High activity actually.

NAKUMATT will never list as this will make it open to scrutiny. I am sure it is not that "profitable" if you check with KRA. There is also the issue of Charterhouse bank and it being a conduit of money laundering.
Chaka
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 8:01:02 PM

watesh wrote:

I hope that activity was not buying bread and milk?
whiteowl
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 10:02:08 PM

mawinder wrote:
watesh wrote:

NAKUMATT will never list as this will make it open to scrutiny. I am sure it is not that "profitable" if you check with KRA. There is also the issue of Charterhouse bank and it being a conduit of money laundering.

I concur, they're too shady to go public.
VituVingiSana
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:24:56 AM

whiteowl wrote:
mawinder wrote:
watesh wrote:

I concur, they're too shady to go public.

Why are folks chasing after firms that are not investable vs looking for firms one can invest in?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett