wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Xiaomi MI 3
KulaRaha
#1 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 9:33:04 PM

Anyone seen this here in Kenya? Sold out online in India in 3 seconds...20,000 units!

Its well priced and a S5 killer.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
matatuman
#2 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 9:41:24 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Anyone seen this here in Kenya? Sold out online in India in 3 seconds...20,000 units!

Thought i was the only one with a soft spot for Chinese phones. Check out IOCEAN X8 and OPPO R1S.
masukuma
#3 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 10:49:12 PM

matatuman wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Thought i was the only one with a soft spot for Chinese phones. Check out IOCEAN X8 and OPPO R1S.

I saw some Americans talking badly about it on Techcrunch some few weeks back and I thought to myself... I have to get me one of those!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
maka
#4 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 11:20:37 PM

masukuma wrote:
matatuman wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

I saw some Americans talking badly about it on Techcrunch some few weeks back and I thought to myself... I have to get me one of those!

Featured on CNN biz 2 weeks ago if am not wrong,the company has become no.1 in China,bigger than Apple's iphone and Samsung...the analyst had praises for the phone maker...
possunt quia posse videntur
Kihara joni
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:07:19 AM

are this phonesavailable in Nairobi?
dunkang
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:20:11 AM

I like TECNO's new slogan;
"FOR THOSE WHO KNOW"
These Chinese phones are by far much much adequate for majority of guys who buy the 'respected' brands at highly exagerated prices.

Just as TECNO's slogan, Its either you buy just a name, or you pay for the features.

(I have been using a TECNO Phantom A since January 2014 and can't regret)
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

KulaRaha
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:32:09 AM

Kihara joni wrote:

I'd love to see one. Faster than S4 and HTC M8. Same screen as S5.
maka
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:57:04 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Kihara joni wrote:

On the feature I was watching that was one of their biggest problems as a company,they do most of their sales online thus have fewer retailers and stores as compared to Samsung and apple,if they sort this out they might become the biggest handset firm in the world.
possunt quia posse videntur
Rankaz13
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:38:00 AM

maka wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Kihara joni wrote:

On the feature I was watching that was one of their biggest problems as a company,they do most of their sales online thus have fewer retailers and stores as compared to Samsung and apple,if they sort this out they might become the biggest handset firm in the world.

The prices I'm seeing online look reasonable. smile

Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
KulaRaha
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:53:07 AM

Its cheap and cheerful in India, but buying is another story: sells out in less than a minute there! Round 5 starts soon

Rankaz13
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:35:02 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Its cheap and cheerful in India, but buying is another story: sells out in less than a minute there! Round 5 starts soon

How about directly from China itself?
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
mnjoro
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:02:21 PM

dunkang wrote:
I like TECNO's new slogan;
"FOR THOSE WHO KNOW"
These Chinese phones are by far much much adequate for majority of guys who buy the 'respected' brands at highly exagerated prices.

Just as TECNO's slogan, Its either you buy just a name, or you pay for the features.

(I have been using a TECNO Phantom A since January 2014 and can't regret)

R7 having graduated from mlika mwizi.
Wonderful phone
KulaRaha
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:58:48 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Who will deliver me one set?
Rankaz13
#14 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 9:09:32 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

You can get it from the link I've provided in my above comment. I've bought some stuff from that site before, most recently in June this year, and I've had no problems with them.
KulaRaha
#15 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 9:32:18 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

You can get it from the link I've provided in my above comment. I've bought some stuff from that site before, most recently in June this year, and I've had no problems with them.

How do they deliver? Courier or post?
Rankaz13
#16 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 9:55:13 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

AliExpress is like a supermarket or a shopping mall that brings together different vendors under one roof. Thus, different vendors have different modes of delivery depending on the courier companies with whom they have a contract. Some will have multiple shipping options and it's up to the buyer to choose the cheapest or most convenient.

The very first time I shopped there (in 2012), I chose shipment by DHL and was very impressed by the service. I got my merchandise delivered in 4-days (!!) to my hometown (at a small fee, they have an arrangement with G4S for that). In the most recent one in June this year, I chose shipment by post. Was importing some satellite stuff for a pal. The goods were delivered to City Square post office within 5days. I didn't have to go in person, I just sent my pal to do it.

Incidentally, I've always paid via Western Union. AliExpress have an escrow kind of arrangement where the money is only released to the vendor once you as the buyer confirm that you have received the goods bought, that the goods are in good working condition, and that the goods delivered are indeed what you ordered.

Rankaz13
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:38:12 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

AliExpress is like a supermarket or a shopping mall that brings together different vendors under one roof. Thus, different vendors have different modes of delivery depending on the courier companies with whom they have a contract. Some will have multiple shipping options and it's up to the buyer to choose the cheapest or most convenient.

The very first time I shopped there (in 2012), I chose shipment by DHL and was very impressed by the service. I got my merchandise delivered in 4-days (!!) to my hometown (at a small fee, they have an arrangement with G4S for that). In the most recent one in June this year, I chose shipment by post. Was importing some satellite stuff for a pal. The goods were delivered to City Square post office within 5days. I didn't have to go in person, I just sent my pal to do it. There are some sellers who offer free shipping too so be on the lookout for that. This is what I used in June (I've seen that for this purpose they often partner with Hong Kong Post, EMS, China Post, Sweden Post, etc).

Incidentally, I've always paid via Western Union. AliExpress have an escrow kind of arrangement where the money is only released to the vendor once you as the buyer confirm that you have received the goods bought, that the goods are in good working condition, and that the goods delivered are indeed what you ordered.