wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
VW help!!! warning lights & vehicle stalling
Forester
#1 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 8:57:32 AM

Help!!! ESP, EPC warning lights & Vehicle Stalling on VW.

Anyone experienced this with their VW? What did you do and where can i have this sorted? Vehicle is a 2006 Polo, well serviced as it is company maintained so no river roady Njoroge has ever touched it.

Its scary when the car loses power at 80kph middle lane M-Road with a trailer rattling down behind you and nomatter how much you step on the accelerator, the car moves slower than a black mamba Sad Sad Sad .
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Chaka
#2 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 9:48:38 AM

Forester wrote:
Anyone experienced this with their VW? What did you do and where can i have this sorted? Vehicle is a 2006 Polo, well serviced as it is company maintained so no river roady Njoroge has ever touched it.

Its scary when the car loses power at 80kph middle lane M-Road with a trailer rattling down behind you and nomatter how much you step on the accelerator, the car moves slower than a black mamba Sad Sad Sad .

The first people to ask should have been the guys maintaining it?
innovator
#3 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 12:10:57 PM

Most modern cars have a programmable software for safety reasons.

In fact you should be very happy for that behavior. Most mechanics do not know it, but it is called a SAVE MODE, its mean't to get you out of the road to a save place to check your car, if you force it the car will stop.

Hii mpesa for cosultation.
The optimist
#4 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 12:43:32 PM

innovator wrote:

In fact you should be very happy for that behavior. Most mechanics do not know it, but it is called a SAVE MODE, its mean't to get you out of the road to a save place to check your car, if you force it the car will stop.

Did you mean Safe mode
kaka2za
#5 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 12:48:05 PM

Take it for diagnostics. agba or opti-ride can sort it out.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
innovator
#6 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 1:43:00 PM

The optimist wrote:
innovator wrote:

Did you mean Safe mode

Oooh! yap spelling
XSK
#7 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 2:14:42 PM

Forester wrote:

Was that you at nyayo stadium roundabt with the vw polo today?
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Ash Ock
#8 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 2:18:38 PM

Forester wrote:

Your car is in the limp home mode. Without a diagnostic scan with VAG-COM (that is the VW specific diagnostic scanner, generic ones will just give you the engine date), it will be very difficult to say what could be wrong. So first step is have the car diagnosed at the company dealer. Just offhand guessing, probably could be the wiring to throttle body, coils, or just a loose vacuum tube. No big deal.
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
webish
#9 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 2:22:29 PM

XSK wrote:
Forester wrote:

Was that you at nyayo stadium roundabt with the vw polo today?

smile smile smile

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Forester
#10 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 3:39:34 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Take it for diagnostics. agba or opti-ride can sort it out.

@Kakak2za - Never ever!!! Maintenance is capped to some amount. Thanks anyway.

@Ash Ock - buda boss, your answer is most accurate. Thanks to google i have an idea, problem seems common so mechs won't be clueless, i will educate them a bit.Imagine a mech telling you the check engine sign ati ni warning light that you need to change fuel filter,bure kabisa!!!

@Innovator - thanks bro.

@XSK - no, nilikuwa huko furniture palace heading to CBD.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
jaggernaut
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:25:15 AM

Forester wrote:

YOU WERE LUCKY
murchr
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:36:37 AM

Zoea kupeleka gari service kwa authorized dealer
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
jaggernaut
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:38:14 AM

murchr wrote:

And pray that they can diagnose the problem and fix it.
kaka2za
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:09:02 AM

My polo has been showing the EPC and Engine light for the last 2 years. The brake light switch had issues, fixed it but the lights didn't go off. I haven't had any problems, it moves well and has never 'limped '. I guess am either daring, lucky or naive.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Forester
#15 Posted : Monday, September 08, 2014 6:25:58 PM

Fixed and SOLD!!!smile smile smile

Back to Jap mitumba for now...
JkMwatha
#16 Posted : Monday, September 08, 2014 6:41:13 PM

Forester wrote:

Njoroge would have sorted that one outsmile smile smile
Robinhood
#17 Posted : Monday, September 08, 2014 7:47:00 PM

Why do people buy this thing? All folks I know who own the thing cant wait to sell it - just no one will buy!
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
bird_man
#18 Posted : Monday, September 08, 2014 8:22:07 PM

This VWs ni mashida tupu!Why do guys buy cars with known issues in Africa?Benz C200 a much better idea...
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Robinhood
#19 Posted : Monday, September 08, 2014 8:22:11 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
murchr wrote:

And pray that they can diagnose the problem and fix it.

@Jagger - thanks for the link. Wah! This car is pure trouble. Some guy says ''But better to move on with another brand and just continue to hate VW, everything to do with VW and tell everyone how much you hate VW at every opportunity. It's very cathartic and great for blood pressure and stress levels''

Kweli tupu if you ask me
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Forester
#20 Posted : Monday, September 08, 2014 9:08:14 PM

bird_man wrote:
This VWs ni mashida tupu!Why do guys buy cars with known issues in Africa?Benz C200 a much better idea...

Oh sijui German technology is superior, oh sijui comfort&stability, oh sijui the cars age gracefully, crap!!!I will NEVER buy a VW again, NEVER!!! Today I will sleep fofofo like a babysmile smile smile