wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Help with this business idea
NinjaTrader
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:52:50 PM

Hello all,

After coming across this forum a couple of times in my research, I have decided to join this community (really impressed with the discussions).

A friend of mine has suggested that we venture into the hydraform brick making business. From the little research I have done, I have found that we can get one machine that makes around 3000 bricks per day for about $10,000 (Ksh. 850,000). I'm not sure about shipping??

Financing for the machine will be from close friends who are prepared to come though anytime. I heard that a brick can go for about Ksh. 15 so by my estimate we will have paid the loan off in about 20 days working at full capacity.

Now, my question is. How good is the market because I haven't really heard about any buildings here in Kenya that have been constructed with this technology. Also read somewhere that brick houses aren't classified as permanent in building regulations (how true is this??).

Asanteni and look forward to your input.
Bulls make money, Bears make money, Pigs get slaughtered.
Chaka
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:37:38 PM

@NinjaTrader,

Check this discussion

What is the difference between a stabilized soil brick and a hydraform brick?
NinjaTrader
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 6:20:37 PM

So far I'm not sure whether there is any difference between the two. Is this a factor that I have to consider?
Bachuma Gate
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:05:01 PM

I suggest you visit Makiga at kenya Industrial Estates - Likoni road. They do almost similar machines at a far much lower price. Use this to build your biz + market and go for Hydrofoam once the biz has picks up. Avoid the loan pls. Dont take a loan for a new business.
DOH
butterflyke
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:05:55 PM

Bachuma Gate wrote:
I suggest you visit Makiga at kenya Industrial Estates - Likoni road. They do almost similar machines at a far much lower price. Use this to build your biz + market and go for Hydrofoam once the biz has picks up. Avoid the loan pls. Dont take a loan for a new business.

i agree re avoiding a loan

also factor in that full production may not equate to total sales everyday. biashara is some good days and some slow days...

all the best
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Chaka
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:07:13 PM

@NinjaTrader says friends will finance him..are the friends ready to loose their cash if things don't work out?I have noticed the Makiga guys advertising daily on Telly..does NinjaTrader have an Ad bugdet?I also hope the machines are not electric?
NinjaTrader
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:52:06 PM

Thanks for all your responses so far.
@Bachuma have looked at their website and looks like a great way to start off.I plan to get in touch with them soon. Applause

@Chaka my friends have the money and are willing to risk it if the venture can promise solid returns. so in short it all boils down to how well i will be able to convince them given they have far more experience business wise as compared to me.

On the other hand, someone has also suggested that instead of focusing solely on making and selling the bricks I can look for a small plot and make some rentals with them. knowing Kenyans do you think they would like such houses? seems you can cut down construction spending by almost 50%.
real cindano
#8 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 10:06:39 PM

NinjaTrader wrote:

On the other hand, someone has also suggested that instead of focusing solely on making and selling the bricks I can look for a small plot and make some rentals with them. knowing Kenyans do you think they would like such houses? seems you can cut down construction spending by almost 50%.

Do people stay in mabati and wooden structures in Kenya.
It's a market if the price is right there is a demand for everything in Kenya.