wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Porsche opening shop in Kenya
Goldilocks Reloaded
#1 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:15:02 AM

Porsche's first dealership is all but complete at the Sameer Business Park on Mombasa Road. Though not officially revealed, i know a Porsche dealership when i see one and the logo is somewhat readable even through the veil they have put there. Is this a sign of confidence on the prospects for our economy or simply fulfilling an existing need?
Go for a business that any idiot can run – because sooner or later, any idiot is probably going to run it – Peter Lynch
Horton
#2 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 8:54:22 AM

Awesome. Now when if grow up, I can buy meself a Porsche
Swenani
#3 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 9:05:10 AM

Goldilocks Reloaded wrote:
Porsche's first dealership is all but complete at the Sameer Business Park on Mombasa Road. Though not officially revealed, i know a Porsche dealership when i see one and the logo is somewhat readable even through the veil they have put there. Is this a sign of confidence on the prospects for our economy or simply fulfilling an existing need?

I think the later, I have seen quite a number of them in this city especially at nigh.

German luxury automaker Porsche is looking to open an outlet in Kenya within a few months to target the growing number of local high net worth individuals.

Porsche has apparently appointed Multiple Group – which comprises Multiple Hauliers and RT East Africa – as the franchise manager for the East and Central Africa market.

The automaker is set to bring direct competition to doors of other luxury brands already in the market such as Jaguar Land Rover. RMA Motors holds the JLR franchise which it wrested from CMC Motors after it jumped into turbulence.
- See more at: http://the-star.co.ke/ne...se#sthash.pS6zSSK6.dpuf
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Goldilocks Reloaded
#4 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 9:48:50 AM

Thank you @Swenani. With the recent publicity of High Net Worth Individuals in Kenya i know they will get good business. And their selection of Mombasa Road is not too bad for perceptions of the economy as anyone heading to the Airport will have to see the shop.
Go for a business that any idiot can run – because sooner or later, any idiot is probably going to run it – Peter Lynch
mpobiz
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2014 2:03:15 PM

Swenani wrote:

I think the later, I have seen quite a number of them in this city especially at nigh.

German luxury automaker Porsche is looking to open an outlet in Kenya within a few months to target the growing number of local high net worth individuals.

Porsche has apparently appointed Multiple Group – which comprises Multiple Hauliers and RT East Africa – as the franchise manager for the East and Central Africa market.

The automaker is set to bring direct competition to doors of other luxury brands already in the market such as Jaguar Land Rover. RMA Motors holds the JLR franchise which it wrested from CMC Motors after it jumped into turbulence.

Who are this people driving this cars "especially at night" ?
I think most of this cars are used imports. I have seen several leaving the port during the day.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Swenani
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 05, 2014 10:20:16 AM

mpobiz wrote:
Swenani wrote:

I think most of this cars are used imports. I have seen several leaving the port during the day.

Why would you buy a brand new Porsche and ship it when you can fly it in?

Do you think Multiple hauliers would open a franchise in Kenya without doing a market research?

KulaRaha
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 05, 2014 11:06:55 AM

They have already pre-sold 100 units of 2014 Cayenne. Delivery by November.

So pls, let us broke *ss Wazuans just keep quiet and hope.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Swenani
#8 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2014 8:32:18 AM

mpobiz wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Latest data released by the Kenya Motor Industry Association (KMI) shows that Porsche sold 27 units of its Cayenne models, priced between Sh10 million and Sh30 million, in May and June. This catapulted the firm to the position of third-largest luxury car dealer in the first half of the year, beating Bavaria Auto which sells the BMW brand.
Swenani
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:01:49 AM