wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

micro finance project
et
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2009 1:03:00 PM

i come from Japan and I was working in Kenya some time back. Involving NGO especially accouting and financing work. I was thinking donating only contines to be status quo for many people.So it is better people finance and people start thier own business.

Actually I had started to implement micro finance project for some people around me. yes,people wrote business proposal and started their own small scale business. But after it started,people forgot about micro finance project. Meaning,no body returned initial money.

I am wondering it is the failure of my management or lack of system and rules,or actually the idea of micro finance in Kenya or Africa cannot work as many resercher and practioners are saying?

I also would like to know what are the key factors while implementing successful micro finance project in kenya in particular if there is.

Advice me.

et attached the following image(s):
sks_microfinancerv.jpg (12kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Tycoon!
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2009 1:14:00 PM

et,
i see u have joined th forum today. wel and good. I work with MFIs..post ur email.

I cud share the little information i have with u.

IF YOU EVER LOSE,MAKE SURE YOU NEVER LOSE THE LESSON!!
pinkpanther
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2009 1:57:00 PM

@Tycoon.I have a lot of interest in this are.Am thinking of venturing into the same but i have scanty info on how this can be done.Reach me on kinyuapit@yahoo.com

pink
tony stark
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2009 11:39:00 PM

Some of the biggest companies on the NSE <equity> and others soon to be listed <baby/blue equity> will differ with your assessment that people dont pay back microfinance loans.
You haven't given us enough info to assess what is wrong with your model. What exactly do you do? Who do you finance? Who backs them up?? Etc!!

SK A.L.U.M.N.I (Alcoholic Liason and Undergarments Manager of Nakedness Internationally)
Kulchaz
#5 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2009 3:06:00 AM

Microfinance institutions are doing great in Kenya and Africa at large,the only challenge that they face is they have to keep inventing their systems and structures that suits their clients and their operations. Remember,there are very few books written on this subject you need an experienced person to bring expertise to your institution. Finally,default is always there but any reputable MFI strives to keep PAR at less than 2%. You may also to explore group guarantee mechanism or chattels mortgage instrument to guarantee your clients loans. Make sure also that your loans are insured againt the risks of death or the clients business burning or the client suffering an incapacitating injury. For more info feel free to email me. I work with one of the most successful MFI in the country.
half_empty
#6 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2009 2:06:00 PM

many folks still consider micro-finance as a form of charity and therefore little incentive to pay back... especially since the finance is coming from a foreigner
kinkos
#7 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2009 2:40:00 PM

Boss,

Plse note of Kulchaz expert opinion.He must be in the MF sector or thoroughly read about it.I have also been in the sector for a decade now(an almuni of MFT program).We can share ideas on how to better you project coz ultimately it will help our Kenya entreprenuers.

Give us your email address.

Sogona
kimwana
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 07, 2009 7:14:00 PM

I am interested. got knowledge and experience,send me more information. kimwanakimwana@yahoo.com

kimwana
musani
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:14:51 AM

Kulchaz wrote:
Microfinance institutions are doing great in Kenya and Africa at large,the only challenge that they face is they have to keep inventing their systems and structures that suits their clients and their operations. Remember,there are very few books written on this subject you need an experienced person to bring expertise to your institution. Finally,default is always there but any reputable MFI strives to keep PAR at less than 2%. You may also to explore group guarantee mechanism or chattels mortgage instrument to guarantee your clients loans. Make sure also that your loans are insured againt the risks of death or the clients business burning or the client suffering an incapacitating injury. For more info feel free to email me. I work with one of the most successful MFI in the country.

musani
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:23:39 AM

Hello, Those in the world of Micr Finance. I am very interested in your opinions and experiances in this field. I am working on a small project myself. Any discussion on this topic, material to read and any interesting reports that may been written on the subject welcome. I plan to be in Kenya when I sure will return a meeting to all the respondents. e mail me at lemew@sympatico.ca My knowledge is only academic thus far.
THX. Lemew