wazua Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

JUST WHAT IS WRONG WITH US????
Kaigangio
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 12:08:53 PM

Hi all

just what is wrong with us????

a thief raids your house and steals your property...then you pay the thief the actual value of the property to get it back...open the link below:

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/wtk8mbz/-/index.html

we must have been bewitched by an already dead witch doctor!!!!

...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Djagame
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 1:07:11 PM

That is the price we pay for imperial presidents who can issue decrees in this case land and titles which cannot be forcefully acquired by government unless by compensation.

Remember Kaa Ngumu's words "Hiyo ploti nilipewa na president..."

And I guess this was the cheaper option as the goons would have run to court for constitutional interpretation (Presidential decree) and Amos [Smiley] Wako would have swooped in with nolle prosequi terminating all the cases leaving the government with costs and still paying out compensation for the FOREST.

And why is Wangari Maathai quiet on this issue she should be on rooftops. Ama the goal was the Peace price now she is content
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" Native American Proverb
muganda
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 1:24:53 PM

@Kaigangio, I agree ludicrous. Kenyans must learn to say enough is enough. I think this is what happended with Mo1 at the end.

@Djagame, comments on Wangari Maathai may be abit unfair.
Djagame
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 2:13:41 PM

@ Muganda

There seems to be an "omena" and "mbuta" situation here. Do not take the last part of my comment literally was just using it as emphasis on the question.

I actually admire her and her achievements.

Being an authority in matters environmental and with no vested interests [politics] it would have been good good for her to go and talk to "watu wa mashinani" and maybe we would have had more voluntary surrender of the FOREST
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" Native American Proverb
anasazi
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 3:11:00 PM

Kenya is just depressing. What a waste....
Form is temporary, class is permanent
kadonye
#6 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 5:06:54 AM

If Gok pays, it will just be following the law
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Njung'e
#7 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 5:18:25 AM

@Kadonye,
Following the law my butt...!!Why does this law not apply to the Omenas??
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
QD
#8 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 5:40:16 AM

@kadonye which law of killing the poor en the rich to continue riding high the Ruto's who are brave enough to contest their own names and challenge them in court. Kenya is just a failing state in not yet failed.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence
mwanitu
#9 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 11:01:10 AM

It is even more depressing when MO1 proffesses the christian faith...why is it that those who advise him on spiritual matters don't read him the story of the short Zacheus who returned all the loot upon repentance!!!....@kadonye If GK pays, we will never solve the land issues, not in the near future am afraid....
AM NOT A SAINT, UNLESS A SAINT TO YOU IS A SINNER WHO KEEPS ON TRYING
kadonye
#10 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 12:28:25 PM

I too wish they didnt have to be paid. But our land law recognises the title deed as a guarantee of ownership by the govt.as such if u must lose your land you must be compensated. It further protects titles of 1st registration by stating that they are indefeasible even if acquired fraudulently. I'm just thinking,if gvt refuses to pay the mbuta they will challenge the decision in courts and my bet is they will win and then we'll have to pay them plus costs of the suit. Let's charge these guys with abuse of office later
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
kadonye
#11 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 12:41:24 PM

It is not the mbuta only being compensated. Omenas who got land from the mbuta and from allocation by Moi and Kibaki will be compensated if they have titles.Trouble is most of the omena were illegal settlers.They pretended to be Ogieks yet they're mostly Kipsigis.Others just jumped in bila ceremony
B.Timer
#12 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 2:39:55 PM

@Kadonye

Thank you for remaining sober on this matter and divorcing emotions and mob psychology from real issues.

Title Deed issued from lands office is a document the govt can not wish away.

What is not clear though is how Moi acquired the land he owns there. If he allocated land to himself, then that is not right.

But that is a different matter that needs to be adressed seperately.

And it NEED be addressed promptly as that amounts to abuse of office.
Dunia ni msongamano..