wazua Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
SK not bothered with draft constitution?
Obi 1 Kanobi
#61 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:24:00 PM

@BAAK

I completely agree with you on the executive,the method chosen be it direct election or parliamentary seats must reflect the wishes of the majority kenyans. Constituencies definitely need review as is ongoing,lets hope the results will be a fairer distribution of parliamentary representation.

As for devolution,I think you should give kenyans more credit,they know what devolved systems mean. Infact the world is coming together (EAC),not fragmenting itself. People will always come together for each others benefit and will move away when no benefits accrue. thats why Luhyas in Busia have probably more in common with Ugandans than they do coastarians yet they belong to different countries.

Another good thing I noticed in the constitution is that it has stopped people party hopping after losing nominations,it also bars election losers from ministerial positions,and specifically decides the qualifications of those to be nominated,ie. women,disabled,youth other special interest groups. I guess the political ugali just got smaller,bye bye sycophancy.

I've noticed the youth in particular coming in to a workplace with a completely outsized notion of their own value and importance... just a thinly-veiled arrogance. May be the credit crunch induced recession is whats needed to remind us all about the value of hard work.... By Anonymous
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
miser
#62 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:53:00 PM

for minimum reforms......at least we can pick the good clauses coz the draft is 90 percent hogwash!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share ideas for a better Kenya!!
Kusadikika
#63 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:49:00 PM

@Miser,I agree with you kabisa. Minimum reforms is all we need. This totally new constitution will just confuse and divide us. And if we can start to enumerate the minimum reforms needed I would say:

Allow dual citizenship
Subject presidential appointments to vetting by parliament
Set the number of ministries and districts in the constitution

Any other ideas?

Weusi wa nywele za mshtakiwa zaonyesha ujinga alio nao
Kamaa
#64 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 6:42:00 AM

sorry i am experiencing problem copying the clause 2 of the section 167 (terms of office of a state president) of the draft harmonized constitution....

clause 2 seems more of a tongue twister to me...

i have read,re-read and it is not getting into me...

When you run so fast to get somewhere,you miss the fun of getting there... Life is not a race,so take it slowly....
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
Kamaa
#65 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 6:49:00 AM

assuming that a president elect is elected on Nov 4th and will take oath of office 21 days later,when does his term of office starts...?

another,between that period (21 days) who's term is it,reference to the clause 2 of the section 167...?

When you run so fast to get somewhere,you miss the fun of getting there... Life is not a race,so take it slowly....
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
mtaalam
#66 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 7:00:00 AM

@kamaa
His term starts after he takes the oath.
I believe Obama was elected on 5th Nov and took office on 20th Jan.

All the same what I'm wondering is,what happens is the president party also gets majority in parliament? Will that mean President,Vice and PM will all come from the same party? That is total dictatorship!

...ili iwe funzo!
Jaina
#67 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 10:06:27 AM

@ BAAK & OBI

I decided not to chabua this constitution and read what the analyst's deduce from it. Now that the deadline is here. whats next?.

What is peculiar is that kenyans have been made to believe that the constitution that has been in existence for 46 years is shrewed and get a new one.

Am i being ignorant here or are there other wazimu's who cares less of the whole damn thing?.