wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Insurance claim
tnai9
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 1:25:31 PM

Wazuans,
I had an accident and the car was extensively damaged, thanks to God am alive and posting today. I had insured it for 1 mili and think that it will be written off. The car was 7months old.
I would like to know the following,
1. Aprox how much I may be paid if the car is written off.
2. How long it will take - Insured with Jubilee
3. Is there a 'Kenyan way' of fast tracking the whole process?
4. Any other hints.

The accident was self involved

Thanks
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
target1360
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 1:36:03 PM

tnai9 wrote:
Wazuans,
I had an accident and the car was extensively damaged, thanks to God am alive and posting today. I had insured it for 1 mili and think that it will be written off. The car was 7months old.
I would like to know the following,
1. Aprox how much I may be paid if the car is written off.
2. How long it will take - Insured with Jubilee
3. Is there a 'Kenyan way' of fast tracking the whole process?
4. Any other hints.

The accident was self involved

Thanks

1. if its a write off excess for motor private is usually 2.5%=25000
1m-25k=975k assuming you are not a young or inexperienced driver!!
you can also request to buy the salvage incase the vehicle had a sentimental value to you!
I find satisfaction in owning great business,not trading them
westkate
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 4:30:22 PM

hi wazuas
also has the same problem with my insurance APA
i had insured my Noah for 810k it got an accident a month a go and the insurance have confirmed its a total loss. i served the insurance with all the document they needed ,only for them to tell me that my car was not insured since the cover was cancelled by my broker due to non payment.
the insurance was financed by DTB and i had a standing order which is still active. the insurance is blaming my DTB and DTB blaming APA.
am so confused n now, what should i do. advice
target1360
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 5:33:58 PM

westkate wrote:
hi wazuas
also has the same problem with my insurance APA
i had insured my Noah for 810k it got an accident a month a go and the insurance have confirmed its a total loss. i served the insurance with all the document they needed ,only for them to tell me that my car was not insured since the cover was cancelled by my broker due to non payment.
the insurance was financed by DTB and i had a standing order which is still active. the insurance is blaming my DTB and DTB blaming APA.
am so confused n now, what should i do. advice

Has the insurance company confirmed that they recieved payment from the bank?
I find satisfaction in owning great business,not trading them
shenzitype
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:41:29 PM

if the car was valued you'll be paid the valuation value less the excess as tabulated above.

you've not said what's the broker's response is.

finally write to all parties concerned and ask them to sort out their issues Asap. best way to do this is on email attaching all documentary evidence you have copying all parties concerned.
westkate
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:26:40 PM

thanks wazuan, my car rolled on may 9 2014, and my broker DTB reported the accident to APA but they never copied me. by then the vehicle was still at the kilimani police station. after pushing the broker to remove the car they ignored and i had no option but to head to APA myself .after pushing them they took the car to their yad and they accepted the car was a total loss after their assessor assessed it.
they asked me to to forward the break down receipts so that they can be included on the main claim. at this point all was well only to get a email from the broker representative that the cover was cancelled copied to APA. reason that i had not paid the full figures agreed to me by the broker. the cover was to be paid in 10 month from November 2013 to sept 2014. all we have now is a blame game between APA and DTB agent .no one is ready to face me and sort out the matter. when i follow on them they keep running away and there is no official communication from either party that they are not paying the claim .i don't know for how long this is going to be or i will end up loosing my car which is beyond repair. i believe there is a deal between the two parties to avoid compensation and that's why need your help
icecube
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 4:54:35 PM

westkate wrote:
thanks wazuan, my car rolled on may 9 2014, and my broker DTB reported the accident to APA but they never copied me. by then the vehicle was still at the kilimani police station. after pushing the broker to remove the car they ignored and i had no option but to head to APA myself .after pushing them they took the car to their yad and they accepted the car was a total loss after their assessor assessed it.
they asked me to to forward the break down receipts so that they can be included on the main claim. at this point all was well only to get a email from the broker representative that the cover was cancelled copied to APA. reason that i had not paid the full figures agreed to me by the broker. the cover was to be paid in 10 month from November 2013 to sept 2014. all we have now is a blame game between APA and DTB agent .no one is ready to face me and sort out the matter. when i follow on them they keep running away and there is no official communication from either party that they are not paying the claim .i don't know for how long this is going to be or i will end up loosing my car which is beyond repair. i believe there is a deal between the two parties to avoid compensation and that's why need your help

Pole sana for your accident and predicaments. Copy Robert Alai, he is very influential in social media