wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

35 Pages«<45678>»
What has your governor done for you?
Angelica _ann
#101 Posted : Wednesday, March 05, 2014 5:53:49 PM

Made many workers walk to work!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kysse
#102 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:24:18 AM

Good News for Nyeri

Nyeri County was ranked first among 47 counties with clean sanitation that has managed to reduce the incidences of open defecation. The County scored 96 out of 120 points in a ranking done by the World Health Organization, water and sanitation Programme.

http://ntv.nation.co.ke/news2/topheadlines/who-endorses-nyeri-as-county-with-best-sanitation/
InnovateGuy
#103 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:50:33 PM

- Alfred Mutua commissioned the tarmacking of a 33 Km road earlier today
- 11 contractors will be on the job
- The construction will take 3 months
Live Full Die Empty - Les Brown.
washiku
#104 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:06:01 PM

InnovateGuy wrote:

CONSTRUCTION OF MACHAKOS COUNTY GOVERNMENT’S FIRST TARMAC ROAD SPEECH BY H.E. GOVERNOR ALFRED N. MUTUA, EBS

Today I am pleased to launch the construction of my Government's first Tarmac road of Makutano ma Mwala to Kithimani road. This 33 kilometer road is a very essential linkage and economic road in the county and connects the Eastern part of the county to the Western side, linking Garissa road with Machakos-Kitui road. It eases transportation and opens up Machakos for economic engagement with Kiambu, Murang’a, Embu, Kitui, Garissa and many more counties.

Residents of Machakos County have pleaded for the construction of this road for 50 years and each successive national government has promised the road will be tarmacked, to no avail. Today, we transform promises into reality, using Machakos County government monies and technical expertise.

The Road (C100) is classified as a Kenya National Highways Authority (KENHA) road but my Government is aware that it may take over 10 years before KENHA can Tarmac the road. That is why we have decided to fully fund and ensure the road is constructed now so that our people can enjoy the economic benefits today not later. We have collaborated with KENHA engineers for the design and continuous supervision to ensure the double seal road is built to international standards.

We are also trying out a new formula in the speed of construction. Whereas a 33 kilometer road is given one contractor and can take over three years to construct, we are using 11 contractors and it will take three months to construct, so that we can move on to other development agendas. The irony is that using a single contractor would have cost us double the amount of money we are using with 11 contractors and it would have taken longer. We are using Kshs. 650 million shillings instead of the proposed Kshs 1.3 billion for the same quality of road.

By dividing the road into smaller sections, we are ensuring better supervision, efficiency and curbing of corruption. We expect the contractors to work day and night, as is done in other countries such as the United Arab Emirates, China, Singapore and many European nations.

Kenya is so far behind in development and have such a high rate of poverty that we do not have time to waste by taking forever to complete development programs. Speed, efficiency and high quality standards are what our people want and it is what we will strive to provide.

This is just one of the many roads that my government is constructing. Already, we are opening up and constructing earth roads in every ward. We will this week be awarding tenders for the construction of roads on Athi River cosmopolitan area. Roads in Syokimau area will start being constructed in the next two weeks. We are designing and will be tarmacking Koma to Kennol road, Kivandini to Masinga, Matuu to Ekalakala, Wamunyu to Kibaoni roads and many other linkage roads. The plan is that by 2017, all major linkage roads will be tarmacked and all other roads will be of dust free Murram surfaces.

To ensure proper maintenance of these roads, my Government has put in place road maintenance units so that at no time will there be a pothole in Machakos County. I am working closely with all development supporting Members of Parliament and County Assembly Members in this and other projects in Machakos.
Thank you and God bless you.
poundfoolish
#105 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:23:51 PM

washiku wrote:
InnovateGuy wrote:

CONSTRUCTION OF MACHAKOS COUNTY GOVERNMENT’S FIRST TARMAC ROAD SPEECH BY H.E. GOVERNOR ALFRED N. MUTUA, EBS

Today I am pleased to launch the construction of my Government's first Tarmac road of Makutano ma Mwala to Kithimani road. This 33 kilometer road is a very essential linkage and economic road in the county and connects the Eastern part of the county to the Western side, linking Garissa road with Machakos-Kitui road. It eases transportation and opens up Machakos for economic engagement with Kiambu, Murang’a, Embu, Kitui, Garissa and many more counties.

Residents of Machakos County have pleaded for the construction of this road for 50 years and each successive national government has promised the road will be tarmacked, to no avail. Today, we transform promises into reality, using Machakos County government monies and technical expertise.

The Road (C100) is classified as a Kenya National Highways Authority (KENHA) road but my Government is aware that it may take over 10 years before KENHA can Tarmac the road. That is why we have decided to fully fund and ensure the road is constructed now so that our people can enjoy the economic benefits today not later. We have collaborated with KENHA engineers for the design and continuous supervision to ensure the double seal road is built to international standards.

We are also trying out a new formula in the speed of construction. Whereas a 33 kilometer road is given one contractor and can take over three years to construct, we are using 11 contractors and it will take three months to construct, so that we can move on to other development agendas. The irony is that using a single contractor would have cost us double the amount of money we are using with 11 contractors and it would have taken longer. We are using Kshs. 650 million shillings instead of the proposed Kshs 1.3 billion for the same quality of road.

By dividing the road into smaller sections, we are ensuring better supervision, efficiency and curbing of corruption. We expect the contractors to work day and night, as is done in other countries such as the United Arab Emirates, China, Singapore and many European nations.

Kenya is so far behind in development and have such a high rate of poverty that we do not have time to waste by taking forever to complete development programs. Speed, efficiency and high quality standards are what our people want and it is what we will strive to provide.

This is just one of the many roads that my government is constructing. Already, we are opening up and constructing earth roads in every ward. We will this week be awarding tenders for the construction of roads on Athi River cosmopolitan area. Roads in Syokimau area will start being constructed in the next two weeks. We are designing and will be tarmacking Koma to Kennol road, Kivandini to Masinga, Matuu to Ekalakala, Wamunyu to Kibaoni roads and many other linkage roads. The plan is that by 2017, all major linkage roads will be tarmacked and all other roads will be of dust free Murram surfaces.

To ensure proper maintenance of these roads, my Government has put in place road maintenance units so that at no time will there be a pothole in Machakos County. I am working closely with all development supporting Members of Parliament and County Assembly Members in this and other projects in Machakos.

Now this is Maendeleo... it is good the road will be tarmaced.

But those in the know, understand why the contracts were split into 'manageable chunks'

NKT!!!
InnovateGuy
#106 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:46:11 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
washiku wrote:
InnovateGuy wrote:

Now this is Maendeleo... it is good the road will be tarmaced.

But those in the know, understand why the contracts were split into 'manageable chunks'

NKT!!!

For purposes of reducing the time taken to complete the road. It's 3 months sheesh
Live Full Die Empty - Les Brown.
Siringi
#107 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:54:32 AM

great achievement ...na kuongeza jam

smile
"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
Siringi
#108 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 2:54:24 PM

Legalized Cham and Extended Happy hour smile Applause smile Applause Laughing out loudly

Overheard

Employment creation watu wapewe

"KAKAMEGA COUNTY has legalized the production, sale & consumption of chang'aa & busaa. Extended drinking hours from 2PM-11PM "
maka
#109 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:23:44 PM

Benjamin Cheboii becomes 1st governor to have an Aide de Camp...surely what happens to people when they ascend to power?
possunt quia posse videntur
Angelica _ann
#110 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:33:49 PM

maka wrote:
Benjamin Cheboii becomes 1st governor to have an Aide de Camp...surely what happens to people when they ascend to power?

Insecurity in his County warrants having an Aide de Camp!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Tebes
#111 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:57:39 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

Insecurity in his County warrants having an Aide de Camp!

Watu wake wanakula mbwa jamaneni. Priorities upside down
Sad
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
Swenani
#112 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:13:08 PM

maka wrote:

He is afraidof being eaten by people from Baringo coz of hunger
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Swenani
#113 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:17:41 PM

Siringi wrote:
great achievement ...na kuongeza jam

smile

Governors are creating many jobs, the multplier effect for the increase in 50% of new car sales is huge imagine the employees of GM,DT dobie etc, mechanics, guys at petrol station attendants,drivers,investors in petrols stations,car wash bays etc etc.They should buy more cars and push the sales to 100%
simonkabz
#114 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:39:47 PM

maka wrote:

230b, the ONLY spare money that is available for development.... being put to good use. Then clueless Kenyans keep wondering what hit them!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Siringi
#115 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:09:25 PM

maka wrote:

Evidence ndiyo hii

ION i saw a convoy of SUVs in my county Branded Governor's Press Services...
Just like Presidential press services Hii ugatuzi itatumalizaShame on you Sad Shame on you Sad
Iganamagana
#116 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:15:53 PM

Siringi wrote:
maka wrote:

Evidence ndiyo hii

Just like Presidential press services Hii ugatuzi itatumalizaShame on you Sad Shame on you Sad

County gani hii? I hope not Kiambu na vile barabara za Thika zimejaa mashimo.
Angelica _ann
#117 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:21:41 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
Siringi wrote:
maka wrote:

Evidence ndiyo hii

Na huyo Aid amekonda aje .... but by 2016 atakuwa ako sawa!
junior
#118 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:43:06 PM

Our gavana is pulling down roadside kiosks and vibanda- empowering unemployment and improving his vision when going round
Swenani
#119 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:51:18 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
Siringi wrote:
maka wrote:

Evidence ndiyo hii

sasa PPS inatumaliza aje btw i think siku hizi inaitwa PSCU
murchr
#120 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:38:34 AM

Siringi wrote:
maka wrote:

Evidence ndiyo hii

This man had to make sure that he scares every living thing in that county. You know there are those in the village who dont understand that he's the president of the county smile
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore