Ford Focus in Kenya
vky
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2014 9:44:19 PM

murchr wrote:
ulemsee wrote:
bubethi wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Ulemsee,
I once checked out a VW passat estate and and it had good leg space...

Agreed, Passat iko roomy plus a very big cargo bay. Shinda ni ground clearance, iko chini tu sana.

Yes, Golf, Jetta and Passat are all cars that I can fit in. My worry with these cars is the maintenance costs. Especially for the Jetta and Passat. I know a Golf would be stress-free. I'm just weighing options between the Golf and the Focus. I'm in love with the Focus (especially coz of it's impressive fuel economy) :)

Isn't she a beauty? ;-)

Nimekusaidia kuweka picha. Huyu ni wa mwaka gani?

what you have there is the 'baba yao' of the focus range its a 07 2.5 liter focus with 225 horse power coupled with over 300nm of torque that will have you dashing from 0-100 in under 6.8 seconds, getting this one in auto spec can be abit of a bomber as most of them are manual six speeds
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
Free
#22 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2014 12:25:11 AM

murchr wrote:
ulemsee wrote:
bubethi wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Ulemsee,

Agreed, Passat iko roomy plus a very big cargo bay. Shinda ni ground clearance, iko chini tu sana.

Yes, Golf, Jetta and Passat are all cars that I can fit in. My worry with these cars is the maintenance costs. Especially for the Jetta and Passat. I know a Golf would be stress-free. I'm just weighing options between the Golf and the Focus. I'm in love with the Focus (especially coz of it's impressive fuel economy) :)

Isn't she a beauty? ;-)

Nimekusaidia kuweka picha. Huyu ni wa mwaka gani?

Umeweka picha aje, nisaidie jamaneni...
ulemsee
#23 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2014 8:58:04 PM

@Free, read this: http://www.digicamhelp.c...-hosting/posting-photos/
Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty.
I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be.
― George Carlin
Rankaz13
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 12:38:16 PM

Check out this thread too:

How to post a picture on wazua.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
CLK
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 7:24:44 AM

ulemsee wrote:
bubethi wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Ulemsee,

Isn't she a beauty? ;-)

I would advice going for the FSI engine in any of the three cars mentioned above, owned one, stress-free. Maintenance is a myth in Kenya believed to be expensive for such cars. changed spark plugs and brake pads purchased at CMC for 6000 and 5500 bob respectively, just get a good mechanic.who has connections. It only becomes expensive if you have to do service etc at CMC cause they charge an arm and a leg, also negotiate for discounts for parts or get a staff member to buy for you. Lakini hii sio gari ya kupeleka gishagi, kupiga piga kwa matope, because damage to any major part can be very costly.
CLK
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 7:37:12 AM

Chaka wrote:
@ulemsee,
Why not get a golf diesel?

My mechanic says a diesel engine has a short life, ikianza shida especially TDi in VW community not good. Only good if you are buying a new one from a showroom, not new from Japan or some car yard along Langata/Ngong road.
ulemsee
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 9:37:13 AM

CLK wrote:
ulemsee wrote:
bubethi wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Ulemsee,

Isn't she a beauty? ;-)

I would advice going for the FSI engine in any of the three cars mentioned above, owned one, stress-free. Maintenance is a myth in Kenya believed to be expensive for such cars. changed spark plugs and brake pads purchased at CMC for 6000 and 5500 bob respectively, just get a good mechanic.who has connections. It only becomes expensive if you have to do service etc at CMC cause they charge an arm and a leg, also negotiate for discounts for parts or get a staff member to buy for you. Lakini hii sio gari ya kupeleka gishagi, kupiga piga kwa matope, because damage to any major part can be very costly.

And how is their consumption? I'm getting different opinions from people who've owned FSI-driven machines - Passat B5 1.8T na jamaa wa Golf MK4 1.6 na watu wa car sale yards. Some say they guzzle, others say they have decent consumption thanks to German technology. I'm confused...
Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty.
I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be.
― George Carlin
Tokyo
#28 Posted : Friday, September 05, 2014 9:31:44 AM

How is Ford Kuga in Kenya
work to prosper