wazua Tue, Jun 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tononoka Balaa!
mzazii
#1 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2009 4:55:25 AM

is this the begining of the end for Balala's political future?
Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on the front door forever..
DonBen
#2 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2009 9:25:51 AM

it's premature to rule out any one at this point, especially this is only a ODM retreat meant to discuss the Harmonised Draft..

let Ocampo do the mopping-up, and let Kenyans vote in the referendum, then a clear picture will emerge.

Balala is himself not really a front runner either for presidency or PM, but is a welcome addition to any of the alliances that are forming up.

However, if he is unable to withstand the Orange wave a loses his Mvita seat, then he will fade into oblivion unless his coalition leader nominates him to bunge and perhaps gives him a cabinet position. Politics is all about positive visibility in the eyes of your locality and it is in his interest to be at Tononoka tomorrow.
Fellyinc
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 06, 2009 6:28:54 PM

I was at Tononoka today and I can tell you that Balala's fate is in the balance unless he moves fast and take the olive branch offered by Raila... Watch this space.
Credit and blame are rarely assigned in an objective or fair manner.
muganda
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 06, 2009 6:34:20 PM

Interesting Fellyinc, though when I was last in Mombasa, locals really seemed to resonate with Balala - he's one of us and all. Could it have changed that soon?

What really surprises me though is how quickly the guys disagree. It will be very difficult to vote for a coalition again without thinking thrice.
mzazii
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 06, 2009 7:19:53 PM

the suspicion between Agwambo and Ruto seems to grow by the day. I dont see them genuinely reconcilling.
mtafutaji
#6 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 12:58:33 AM

Balala will soon come to terms that Ruto is not gonna take him anywhere and he will come seeking Rao. 360 politics.
http://www.mnkenyan.com
Visit the site and share your experience and opinion at our blog or discussion forum.
ali
#7 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 6:00:26 AM

why is the famous Ali ranked as a Guest?
i know now
as for Balala..........hehehehe.......the guy is fond of bragging and beating his chest.
but what does it matter? Raila-balala-Ruto war can only mean good things for me, let them finish each other and we will all come out and celebrate
For in him (Jesus) we live and move and have our being-Acts 17:28
B.Timer
#8 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 11:11:29 AM

Balala has a problem in his hands.
That is not news though.
The guy has not been doing that well for a while.
In fact, even in the run up to the last elections he probably sailed through largely riding on the party euphoria.
His frosty relations with other coast politicians does not help matters for him either.
I am sure the Tononoka rally proceedings did not cometo him as a surprise. He must have expected that anyway.

However, there must be a good reason why he broke ranks with Raila. BTW, this came way before the party elections where he lost to Joho.
Remember when Rao went to Mba and was hosted by one Jaffar – a wheeler - dealer tycoon who has interests in the port of Mombasa, - that’s where strains began showing.

Balala must do his home work well if he is to remain relevant. He needs to mount a major onslaught to show who the likes of Joho and Jaffar really are – mabwenyenye wa biashare chafu that includes but not limited to smokables and injectables.

In the interim, Balala has done his job well as Tourism Minister.
Dunia ni msongamano..
McReggae
#9 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 11:14:17 AM

Have you chcked the yellow bannner in the picture on page 2 of today's Nation newspaper? 'Raila sack gay minister. Msaliti!!' Dang!
..........wonder if the rumours could be tru after all!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mzazii
#10 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 11:46:56 AM

have just seen the banner, kwani balala is a plug?
B.Timer
#11 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 12:00:29 PM

That allegation is not new.
Any keen observer will have noticed that Nyachae insinuated the same during the 2007 campaigns.
Then his party member came to his defence.

Now today they are the ones so alleging!!!

Kweli we have come full circle.
Dunia ni msongamano..
mwenza
#12 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 12:15:13 PM

@ Mzazii.............He is a socket!
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Ngalaka
#13 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 1:35:00 PM

What good is it to the party when all they are doing is 'cannibalising' on one another.

ODM should be strategizing on how to get other supporters to replace those that Ruto is leading out.

Doing mob (in)justice on Balala is misdirected effort - a complete waste of energy.

Raila had 'predicted' two days earlier that we were going to see the face of Kenya in the Tononoka rally. Very telling.

So Mombasa chaps have become such enthusiasts lately. Very unlike them.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Kaigangio
#14 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 2:40:41 PM

Mombasa residents turned out in tononoka grounds not on the account of RAO...you can rest assured that 50% of the attendees were idlers with no real or genuine agenda, 25% were looking for an activity which would help them to dicipate the excess energy, 20% wanted to see and hear hon. balala and did not have any information that he was not in the retinue of mpigs and lastly the remaining 5% were genuine party supporters....of the 4 crowds available in the grounds and this being kenya, who carried the day.....i think balaaaaaaaaaala!!!!
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
mzazii
#15 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 6:49:52 PM

@ mwenza, i think when its between two men, then they are both plugs! i.e sockets are the preserve of women!
McReggae
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 08, 2009 5:30:15 AM

Kaigangio,
Call a rally in Mombasa we see how many idlers will turn up!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Kaigangio
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 08, 2009 8:01:29 AM

@ mcreggae,

let us be practical about one thing...out of every 100 people in kenya today that you see walking down that tarmacked street in town or that dusty weather road in the rural, 50 are just drifting with no agenda at all...just walk out of your office and take a hike to a crowded busy street and take a sample of just 400 square metres...you will get what i mean...by the way kenyans love listening to politicians...they enjoy it more than they do to comedians, why?...politicians are seasoned comedians who are capable of starring in everything...
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...