wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

jevic
amga
#1 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2014 10:34:09 PM

I really need help, I bought a car but the seller just shipped the car without jevic inspection, now from what my agent tells it sounds doom & gloom, I called jevic in Nairobi & the fee is $220 but ya IRA is what I fear how much it'll cost if you can assist me amogao at gmail dot com saidia
Prime
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2014 9:37:08 AM

amga wrote:
I really need help, I bought a car but the seller just shipped the car without jevic inspection, now from what my agent tells it sounds doom & gloom, I called jevic in Nairobi & the fee is $220 but ya IRA is what I fear how much it'll cost if you can assist me amogao at gmail dot com saidia

Hi Amga. Is there any form of pre-export certificate among the documents that were sent? Even if not Jevic. Something showing The mijleage, chassis, engine nos, and that it is radiation free? There are several bodies that are mandated by KEBS to do pre-export inspection.
If there is nothing. Please, and as soon as possible, pay the USD 220 AND get the inspection done from here. That is the standard charge. In japan they do it at USD 200. Your agent should have notified you of this anomaly immediately he/she received the documents, considering the documents usually come in earlier than the car. To avoid/reduce the storage charges (I pray the CFS is one that gives several days/weeks), call them and explain your predicament. You may get a full/partial waiver considering it is not entirely your fault. But act VERY FAST. Liaise with your clearing agent and get the inspection done. I wish you success. Keep us posted on what happens.
jerry
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2014 4:38:01 PM

Prime wrote:
amga wrote:

Hi Amga. Is there any form of pre-export certificate among the documents that were sent? Even if not Jevic. Something showing The mijleage, chassis, engine nos, and that it is radiation free? There are several bodies that are mandated by KEBS to do pre-export inspection.
If there is nothing. Please, and as soon as possible, pay the USD 220 AND get the inspection done from here. That is the standard charge. In japan they do it at USD 200. Your agent should have notified you of this anomaly immediately he/she received the documents, considering the documents usually come in earlier than the car. To avoid/reduce the storage charges (I pray the CFS is one that gives several days/weeks), call them and explain your predicament. You may get a full/partial waiver considering it is not entirely your fault. But act VERY FAST. Liaise with your clearing agent and get the inspection done. I wish you success. Keep us posted on what happens.

Mine was inspected by Japan Autoterminal.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
amga
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2014 5:37:28 PM

Prime wrote:
amga wrote:

Thanks @prime oh yes I have the export certificate the ship leaves Japan on 28th June, but what about the kra
amga
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2014 5:45:52 PM

The agent plus the call I made to jevic says there's a fine that's sounds like around 80k, tell me I get prepared
JkMwatha
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:34:43 PM

amga wrote:

Thanks @prime oh yes I have the export certificate the ship leaves Japan on 28th June, but what about the kra

Is that a month from now?... Why can't it be inspected in Japan?
amga
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:13:14 AM

@jkmwatha sorry its 28th may, hey jamaneni saidia Wazua anyone!!