wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Need to make business phone choice
muganda
#1 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 11:34:08 AM

smile Wazuaaa... Been eyeing biz phones. Do I pick up an iPhone only on Orange? Or a Nokia and use email feature? Or the blackberry bold for office email?

plusses / minuses / and what is so tasty about blackberries that makes all aspiring types have one? Thx for sharing.
akowally
#2 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 11:48:26 AM

The blackberry is good with emails, since it uses the push email technology so you keep in touch with your business mails on the go
JOIN MY FREE MINI-COURSE FOR WRITERS. CLICK HERE
muganda
#3 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 12:04:08 PM

Thx @akowally, did a quick google on 'push email'. Problem is seems most smartphones offer it / substitute IMAP. Is this one feature worth paying these monthly charges for the Blackberry? Or perhaps these other phones are just posers in a world full of FAKE
akowally
#4 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 12:15:55 PM

Actually other smart phones offer this... I have heard of a company here in Kenya called Upbeat, which is at Showbe Plaza, Pangani Roundabout which is the only other company which provides for this technology apart from blackberry.

The good thing with them is that you can go with ANY smart phone then they set it up for you... charges are a bit less...for more info you can contact them on 0722812456smile
JOIN MY FREE MINI-COURSE FOR WRITERS. CLICK HERE
bird_man
#5 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 2:17:19 PM

@Mugunda,

I have used an Iphone,BlackBerry & Nokia smartphones.Iphone is simply a cool phone and works well for entertainment biased people.It's also expensive.Blackberry Bold is a serious communication machine.With the blackberry service that you will pay to the service provider, you will get your email on the go and its also much much easier to compose replies etc using Blackberry.Its also expensive.... are you willing to fork out extra cash for emails you might not need immediately?
Nokia.....Nokia is coming up and their prices are friendlier.Try the e52 or e75 and you are good.With the correct configurations you can get push email through POP3/IMAP just like the rest but for free....only that your phone will have many look alike China fakes and people wont "recognize" yours.

If u are a business kinda person with no fun side,do Blackberry.If you are into looks and fun(audio/visual) get an Iphone. If you want both worlds with a little less specialization at a friendly price, get Nokia.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
tuvok
#6 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 2:32:06 PM

A friend of mine uses an e63 and connects to his corporate mail server which provides pushmail functionality (ZIMBRA for the technically inclined). Works perfectly for him.

If you are running your own business, consider getting google apps for your business email and you'd only need to download the google application for your mobile phone to be able to have up to date email.

I'm personally more inclined to the iPhone (don't have the money) and the android based phones.
muganda
#7 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 3:23:46 PM

Guys thx for informative responses. Hard part is now to choose between the style of iPhone, seriousness of ..Berries, and convenience of Nokia. Me thinks you can almost tell the character of a person by the decision!?!?
tony stark
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 1:10:56 AM

Bird man has put it aptly. Great summary review.
mkenyan
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2009 10:16:39 AM

blackberry is a bit over-rated though. thing is that rim was the 'first' in with push emails so they got all the public love. if push email is important to you (for any business person it is a must have) then you can always set up any smart phone to do that. and you do not even have to pay for it. system seven is one good alternative.
DonBen
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2009 4:34:18 PM

Look no further than the HTC HD2, the best smart phone in the world BY FAR!

Beautiful design, Light weight, superb display (even when outdoors under the sun), MS Windows platform, plus lots of business mobility features, including a touch screen compatible with your stylus and finger.

Read a review here.

HTC Retail Stores in Kenya
Leaf International Communications
Tel: 27114608000

Phonz U Like Ltd
Tel: 20 2220383 / 20 222380

Manufactuer HTC Website Here. First manufacturer to produce touch screens and global leaders in smart phones.
McReggae
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2009 1:04:47 PM

Iphone are just kool man, I am actually planning for one!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
anasazi
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2009 1:44:23 PM

Hmm the HTC looks pretty cool.I wonder, though, given it runs Windows Mobile, what's the stability like?
Form is temporary, class is permanent
Wally5
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:35:43 PM

Buy the nokia e series. Its got the entire office suite(word, ppt, exel) and push email at no extra cost. Plus there a lot of free software available on the net
bird_man
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:54:27 PM

I would rather the Nokia anyday running on S60 system.It's lovely because it can do all the functions you have specified with ease especially e52 and e75 models.You also get to install free software like Nimbuzz for chatting,Yahoo Mobile,Gmail Mobile etc ( I have a Nokia 5530,its great).

Go for Windows Mobile phones at your own risk.I once spent a week with Samsung Omnia running WM and I hated it.Its slow,complicated,very un-phone like and can easily get viruses....and when it does,you gotta buy the OS!Plus its hard to come by free software to run on it.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.