wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Quarry bussiness
Mtublack
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 9:22:26 AM

I own a farm in Nakuru county that has a quarry which have been mining manually where labourers pay me rent per piece of stone sold and the income is nothing to talk about . the stone is soft like what you find in Ndarugu-Ruiru and have realised that some quarry not far from my place are mining using machine (machine cut stones) and they cannot even satisfy the demand.Need some advise on the following
1. how much rent to expect and how to go about it
2. Management as am based in Nairobi
3.Capital outlay if am to do the mining myself
thanks
Some you win some you lose
Mtublack
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 11:57:32 AM

how do i move this to ideas section
Jitahidi
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 12:26:04 PM

Mtublack wrote:
I own a farm in Nakuru county that has a quarry which have been mining manually where labourers pay me rent per piece of stone sold and the income is nothing to talk about . the stone is soft like what you find in Ndarugu-Ruiru and have realised that some quarry not far from my place are mining using machine (machine cut stones) and they cannot even satisfy the demand.Need some advise on the following
thanks

@ Mtublack I will only comment about two things you mentioned, based on my experience as I was in this business but since closed shop and sold it out...You say you are based in Nairobi but wants to run this business in Nakuru...management of quarry business is the biggest challenge. Remember its liquid cash. My advise don't think of investing it yourself if you wont be there to manage the same.
shalishali
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 2:02:06 PM

Jitahidi wrote:
Mtublack wrote:
thanks

@ Mtublack I will only comment about two things you mentioned, based on my experience as I was in this business but since closed shop and sold it out...You say you are based in Nairobi but wants to run this business in Nakuru...management of quarry business is the biggest challenge. Remember its liquid cash. My advise don't think of investing it yourself if you wont be there to manage the same.
if it becomes a noticed activity, NEMA will demand you obtain a license from them.
UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!
Mtublack
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 11:04:58 AM

Jitahidi wrote:
Mtublack wrote:
thanks

thanks how about rent the land is there so I have to exploit it, how difficult is it to get the NEMA lincence
Jitahidi
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 12:16:16 PM

thanks how about rent the land is there so I have to exploit it, how difficult is it to get the NEMA lincence
[/quote]
Lenting per month or "counting" per stone at an agreed rate may work. The problem with counting means u employ your own person to confirm the volumes produced otherwise they will steal from you. Unfortunately your own person can also collude with the operator to defraud you..
I don't know much about NEMA license, they didn't disturb me then