Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

24 Pages«<1920212223>»
Breaking News!! Makaburi Dead??
hamburglar
#401 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 9:39:04 AM

Liv wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
so @hambuglar - are atheists smart coz they are atheists? or atheists coz they are smart?

Atheists are just inherently smart, period. The moment you decide to become an Atheist proves you have superior reasoning capacity and most likely more intelligence than the average joe.

Since i became an Atheist is my early twenties, i have never prayed or relied on a god or jesus or whoever theists pray to to help me in any way, shape or form. I have always used logic and reason to solve any problems i have ever faced and i hate to brag but i have found so much success living my life this way. I am successful, educated and live a very very happy and comfortable life without ever praying or stepping in church even once. I have also helped the less fortunate quite a bit and am still working on a project geared towards more of that. Riddle me this Masukuma. How come i and a bunch of my fellow Atheists seem to be doing so well in life while a lot of religious people i see everyday seem to be struggling? Remember, success and intelligence go hand in hand thus my initial assessment that Atheists are smarter people. See the correlation there?

A fool says in his heart there is no God.

I am very glad to be that fool. By the way, this fool is living a full life. I live a very happy life, am educated, well off, well traveled and enjoy every minute of my life. So yes, i am glad to be the fool that says in my heart there is no god. Very very glad. I wouldn't have it any other way. Tell your god help the millions of poor theists who say there is a god in their heart. Very unfortunate how some people are brainwashed.
Mukiri
#402 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 9:45:03 AM

hamburglar wrote:
Liv wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
so @hambuglar - are atheists smart coz they are atheists? or atheists coz they are smart?

Atheists are just inherently smart, period. The moment you decide to become an Atheist proves you have superior reasoning capacity and most likely more intelligence than the average joe.

Since i became an Atheist is my early twenties, i have never prayed or relied on a god or jesus or whoever theists pray to to help me in any way, shape or form. I have always used logic and reason to solve any problems i have ever faced and i hate to brag but i have found so much success living my life this way. I am successful, educated and live a very very happy and comfortable life without ever praying or stepping in church even once. I have also helped the less fortunate quite a bit and am still working on a project geared towards more of that. Riddle me this Masukuma. How come i and a bunch of my fellow Atheists seem to be doing so well in life while a lot of religious people i see everyday seem to be struggling? Remember, success and intelligence go hand in hand thus my initial assessment that Atheists are smarter people. See the correlation there?

I am very glad to be that fool. By the way, this fool is living a full life. I live a very happy life, am educated, well off, well traveled and enjoy every minute of my life. So yes, i am glad to be the fool that says in my heart there is no god. Very very glad. I wouldn't have it any other way. Tell your god help the millions of poor theists who say there is a god in their heart. Very unfortunate how some people are brainwashed.

And likewise, I'm very glad to be brainwashedsmile

Proverbs 19:21
hamburglar
#403 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 9:55:51 AM

masukuma wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

It's a fact that statistically Atheists are more successful than religious people - that is just a fact! the data is out there to prove it! it is not smart to argue with data! The data that is failing is the data that says rich atheists are richer than all rich people in religion. But however is neither here or there and is not going to prove anything anyway since there more poor religious people than poor irreligious people (except in china - but that is a different point yet again).

Religion is part of culture and tradition! It is my observation that smart people are able to escape shackles of their negative aspects of their culture faster - possibly coz they more travelled and escape their cultures/subculture and are able to question aspects such as religion.Judging by the time you join to post on the time you log in to answer i can guess you are possibly in the US - right? you escaped your culture and some was unshackled from what you consider useless aspects of your culture. you questioned that aspect and rejected it and your inherent smartness propelled you to whatever you consider success. As yourself the question - a boy born in rural Congo DRC with no access to education or shackle breaking travel but with inherent smartness - will he become an atheist?

On another point you are not an atheist you are an antitheist! you are an evangelist for the same (I think we have already handled this in another thread)

Masukuma. I am very much in Kenya. I might have lived in the States for a while but i was an Atheist even before i left for the States. I just never bought into the stupid tales about talking snakes and people walking on water plus i just can't bring myself to believe in a god that if he exists, is the most useless god ever. How can he just sit on his ass while his "children" suffer everyday when apparently he can stop all the suffering with a snap of the fingers? How evil does he have to be to see kids starving to death everyday and yet he can do something about it? If that's your god, then i don't want any association with somebody like that. What an angry guy, flooding the world because some people decided not to kiss his ass? Burning people in Sodom because those people decided to live their lives the way they saw fit? Your god needs anger management as well as conflict resolution classes. He is a very dangerous angry man.

By the way, the kid in the Congo can be helped if adults like us who have the reasoning power teach him how to depend on himself instead of waiting for a god to save him. Depending on and thinking for yourself is the most empowering thing anybody can do. But as long as we keep spreading religion and it's ridiculous teachings, that boy in the Congo has no hope. Blame your religious ilk for letting that kid in the Congo down. If i could get access to him, i would teach him to believe in himself and to forget about the god and religion nonsense and believe you me, that kid would have a bright future.

And yes masukuma, i may be an Atheist evangelist, but trust me, it's coming from a good place. As stern as i may sound, i am actually trying to help people here open their eyes. I know what being an Atheist has done for me and if i can help one other person see the light, then i would be a happy man. All am doing is trying to empower people to use their brains and stop depending on a fictitious god. Try it, you will be amazed at how big of a difference that can make in your life.

Remember. 80% Atheists are rich.

80% of Theists are poor.

Doesn't that say something?
hamburglar
#404 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 9:59:03 AM

tycho wrote:
@Hamburglar, it's sad when you vaunt and praise ignorance as a virtue and even claim from the rooftops that you have it. Lol. You even invite others to your ignorance.

For example, you claim that atheists are 'inherently' clever, and more successful than the theists. What you seem to forget is that the theist and atheist may share some goals, but ultimately their goals are different. And that the heart of the theist is worn with many cares and suffering.

And you denying theistic objectives doesn't imply any superiority in any way. But you think otherwise because you're full of Babylon in your head.

At least you mention that you have hope. But then when it comes to showing that hope where it matters you are lacking. You have no hope in the theist; someone who presents you with the opportunity to express and share your hope. You have no hope in Man, and in fact, you have no hope at all.

You may think I am speaking falsely, but consider this, theistic wazua doesn't believe that people should go to places of worship to pray for money, and fame or earthly power.

The capitalist system will tend to reward those with the least barriers to action. And on this regard success in capitalist terms isn't necessarily human success. And can atheists boast of improving humanity?

In the end, I realize 'theists' and 'atheists' are merely words, what counts is the weight of the heart against the feather.

Tycho, am sorry to ignore you but i never read your posts because they never make any sense to me. I decided long ago not to indulge you anymore so no hard feelings, but i just don't read anything you post. It gives me a headache. :)

You are a serious weirdo. Lol.
hamburglar
#405 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 10:11:08 AM

Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Liv wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Mukiri, you only live once dude. This is it, you don't get another chance. Do you want to continue waiting for a fictitious god to give you the desires of your heart or would it be better for you to just go out and get what you want?

There is a reason you guys die poor (sorry to sound so insensitive) but it's because you are wasting time praying and nothing is happening. By the time you realize it, you are dead. We live our lives different. We go out and get what we desire because we know that praying is for the birds.

Well, if you want to continue being broke then suit yourself. I will be having dinner and cocktails at some exclusive restaurant tonight to celebrate the death of your make believe hippy son of your missing in action god. Lol. This is a sad state of affairs.

And i don't even want to go to heaven, i am in heaven right here in Kenya. So, you guys can give my mansion out there in heaven to somebody else because i will be in hell. Say hi to Jonah and tell him that i think he is a fraud. There is no way anybody can stay in a whale's stomach for three days and come out alive. Also tell Lazarus that i doubt he was dead Lol. Nobody can come back from the dead. And am still waiting to see another virgin give birth, so am still doubting if Mary was a virgin. And of course, tell Jesus, that we might run out of wine at pur party tonight so if he can hook us up by turning some water into wine, we would really appreciate it. Lol.

I know that i have thrown some low blows but i just can't help it. Some stories are too dumb not to be made fun of.
tycho
#406 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 10:25:48 AM

hamburglar wrote:
tycho wrote:
@Hamburglar, it's sad when you vaunt and praise ignorance as a virtue and even claim from the rooftops that you have it. Lol. You even invite others to your ignorance.

For example, you claim that atheists are 'inherently' clever, and more successful than the theists. What you seem to forget is that the theist and atheist may share some goals, but ultimately their goals are different. And that the heart of the theist is worn with many cares and suffering.

And you denying theistic objectives doesn't imply any superiority in any way. But you think otherwise because you're full of Babylon in your head.

At least you mention that you have hope. But then when it comes to showing that hope where it matters you are lacking. You have no hope in the theist; someone who presents you with the opportunity to express and share your hope. You have no hope in Man, and in fact, you have no hope at all.

You may think I am speaking falsely, but consider this, theistic wazua doesn't believe that people should go to places of worship to pray for money, and fame or earthly power.

The capitalist system will tend to reward those with the least barriers to action. And on this regard success in capitalist terms isn't necessarily human success. And can atheists boast of improving humanity?

In the end, I realize 'theists' and 'atheists' are merely words, what counts is the weight of the heart against the feather.

Tycho, am sorry to ignore you but i never read your posts because they never make any sense to me. I decided long ago not to indulge you anymore so no hard feelings, but i just don't read anything you post. It gives me a headache. :)

You are a serious weirdo. Lol.

Eeeh! So atheism deals with 'headache causers' by ignoring and suppressing? Doesn't that prove me right?

Hahahahhahahahahaahaha!
Mukiri
#407 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 10:46:26 AM

hamburglar wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Liv wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Mukiri, you only live once dude. This is it, you don't get another chance. Do you want to continue waiting for a fictitious god to give you the desires of your heart or would it be better for you to just go out and get what you want?

There is a reason you guys die poor (sorry to sound so insensitive) but it's because you are wasting time praying and nothing is happening. By the time you realize it, you are dead. We live our lives different. We go out and get what we desire because we know that praying is for the birds.

Well, if you want to continue being broke then suit yourself. I will be having dinner and cocktails at some exclusive restaurant tonight to celebrate the death of your make believe hippy son of your missing in action god. Lol. This is a sad state of affairs.

And i don't even want to go to heaven, i am in heaven right here in Kenya. So, you guys can give my mansion out there in heaven to somebody else because i will be in hell. Say hi to Jonah and tell him that i think he is a fraud. There is no way anybody can stay in a whale's stomach for three days and come out alive. Also tell Lazarus that i doubt he was dead Lol. Nobody can come back from the dead. And am still waiting to see another virgin give birth, so am still doubting if Mary was a virgin. And of course, tell Jesus, that we might run out of wine at pur party tonight so if he can hook us up by turning some water into wine, we would really appreciate it. Lol.

I know that i have thrown some low blows but i just can't help it. Some stories are too dumb not to be made fun of.

1. Die poor/broke etc? So your life is defined by trinkets?
2. Going to heaven? You reckon Christianity is all about the after-life? That there is no joy in the here and now?
3. Jonah, Lazarus, Mary and Jesus. You got itsmile If I do get to meet them, and remember, I'll pass on your message.

Amazing how you want to have yours but don't want us to have oursd'oh!

symbols
#408 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 10:52:20 AM

hamburglar wrote:
Hope is maybe the most important thing in life. But Us Atheists don't need faith because we rely on reason and logic. Faith suppresses common sense.

Rely

1. To be dependent for support, help, or supply.
2. To place or have faith or confidence.
hamburglar
#409 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 11:05:58 AM

Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Liv wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

For the most part yes. My life is defined by if am happy or not and by me having success and "trinkets", that makes me very happy. So yes, in the grand scheme of things, my life is defined by your so called trinkets. Trinkets (i don't even know what that means) make me very happy. Lol. I hope by trinkets you mean things like a nice home, nice cars, vacations to exotic places, fine dining etc. basically what everybody on this earth yearns for. Yes, i do love me some trinkets and so do you so stop fronting my friend, we all do like to have a good life.

2. Going to heaven? You reckon Christianity is all about the after-life? That there is no joy in the here and now?

Dude, your people are suffering. Majority of theists or religious people are suffering on this earth here and now. Stop burying your head in the sand. Frankly, i see a lot of religious people really struggling in life. A bunch. You will be lucky to see a broke Atheist. So yes, there is no joy in the here and now for maybe 90% of Theists. Which is very sad because life is supposed to be enjoyed.

3. Jonah, Lazarus, Mary and Jesus. You got itsmile If I do get to meet them, and remember, I'll pass on your message.

Please do. Tell them to skype me if they get a chance i would like to talk to them about some business opportunities in hell where i will be. I think we might be able to do great business in selling air conditioning units. I heard it's really hot down there. :)

I want you to have your thoughts, i just find them ridiculous. But they are your thoughts so you are very very much entitled to them.
hamburglar
#410 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 11:16:31 AM

Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Liv wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

For the most part yes. My life is defined by if am happy or not and by me having success and "trinkets", that makes me very happy. So yes, in the grand scheme of things, my life is defined by your so called trinkets. Trinkets (i don't even know what that means) make me very happy. Lol. I hope by trinkets you mean things like a nice home, nice cars, vacations to exotic places, fine dining etc. basically what everybody on this earth yearns for. Yes, i do love me some trinkets and so do you so stop fronting my friend, we all do like to have a good life.

Dude, your people are suffering. Majority of theists or religious people are suffering on this earth here and now. Stop burying your head in the sand. Frankly, i see a lot of religious people really struggling in life. A bunch. You will be lucky to see a broke Atheist. So yes, there is no joy in the here and now for maybe 90% of Theists. Which is very sad because life is supposed to be enjoyed.

Please do. Tell them to skype me if they get a chance i would like to talk to them about some business opportunities in hell where i will be. I think we might be able to do great business in selling air conditioning units. I heard it's really hot down there. :)

I want you to have your thoughts, i just find them ridiculous. But they are your thoughts so you are very very much entitled to them.
masukuma
#411 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 11:19:55 AM

woi!! si tumetukanwa hapa!!!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Mukiri
#412 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 11:33:31 AM

hamburglar wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Liv wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Good reply.

1. Trinkets are things. Just because it defines your life, does not mean its the SI Unit of everyone else. Happiness, contentment, reason of living etc has been defined in many ways by different schools of thought. You prescribe to one, other people might prescribe to others. eg Mother Theresa would have probably felt pity on you (As I'd bet, you do on her)

2. Likewise, 'Suffering' Can be described differently by different schools of thought. Some may see your unending pursuit of vanity, holding your trinkets dear, mockery of what you perceive foolish, as an extreme form of suffering. As there's see the joy in long-suffering, selflessness etc. I'd bet Mother Theresa's example here, would also suffice.

3. Maybe you 'need' skype to communicate. To get to you, Jonah would probably hike a lift from the same whale, Lazarus would raise-up again on your a*s, while Jesus would appear to you in person. I don't know, I'm just saying.

I'm glad, you've voiced your last comment and can let us enjoy what we believe in peace.Applause smile

Nandwa
#413 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 11:42:24 AM

This hamburglar guy has some very valid points.
The delivery is needleesly antagonistic!

Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
masukuma
#414 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 11:51:10 AM

Nandwa wrote:

that is why he is an antitheist - he thinks sisi wote ni wajinga na maskini na sababu ya umaskini wetu ni ujinga wetu na sababu ya ujinga wetu ni kuamini! without even knowing us he lumped us up and insulted us!!
vky
#415 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 12:29:28 PM

it is always all in the mind, Niccolo Machiavelli once aptly observed that there are 3 kinds of mind on this planet;

1. the mind that apprehends stuff on its own - the best mind to have
2. the mind that is able to apprehend a bit of stuff on its own but has to be taught as well - this is a good mind to have
3.the mind that can neither apprehend stuff on its own nor be taught - this is the worst mind to have

I personally do not tow the God line but unlike @hamburglar who has issues with God not acting in a certain way, my issue with God and religion is that going by religious antiquity predating the bible and christ, i have concluded that religion and God as known today is a refined work in plagiarized mythical beliefs of dark age civilizations buttressed by widespread blind belief over time.
My views on God and religion aside, one thing is indeed for sure that religion is a very powerful mental tool and when used correctly humanity will indeed prosper.
In conclusion when you choose religion to have a say in your life you must also accordingly evaluate which of the three minds above you fall under do you have the best, good or worst mind becuase these three minds will determine if you will be @hamburglar or @mukiri or @alshabaab or @makaburi or @those people who tuma mbegu to those spiv pastors.
peace.
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
hamburglar
#416 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 12:49:07 PM

Nandwa wrote:

I concur, my delivery is very antagonistic and a tad provocative. But it's very deliberate. It might sound strange but it's coming from a good place. I do have the ability to comment with a modicum of sensitivity but perhaps calling people out and disparaging their beliefs might help them see the light because frankly, i am tired of living in an unsafe world because of religious zealots. Sometimes you just have to thump common sense into people's heads, as patronizing as it may sound. So yes, i agree, my delivery is very antagonistic but i make no apologies.
hamburglar
#417 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 12:56:18 PM

masukuma wrote:
Nandwa wrote:

that is why he is an antitheist - he thinks sisi wote ni wajinga na maskini na sababu ya umaskini wetu ni ujinga wetu na sababu ya ujinga wetu ni kuamini! without even knowing us he lumped us up and insulted us!!

Masukuma. Insult or not, there is some truth to that. Actually, not just some truth but a lot of truth. Blind faith and ujinga go hand in hand. Mincing my words may not be my strongest suit, but at least i keep it real. I say it like it is, it's up to you guys to take it or leave it. If i see believers eating grass to appease a god, i will call them idiots because seriously, that is exactly what they are. Sorry if i come across as insensitive. Sometimes tough love is the best solution.
tycho
#418 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 1:53:16 PM

hamburglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Nandwa wrote:

Masukuma. Insult or not, there is some truth to that. Actually, not just some truth but a lot of truth. Blind faith and ujinga go hand in hand. Mincing my words may not be my strongest suit, but at least i keep it real. I say it like it is, it's up to you guys to take it or leave it. If i see believers eating grass to appease a god, i will call them idiots because seriously, that is exactly what they are. Sorry if i come across as insensitive. Sometimes tough love is the best solution.

Headache or not Hamburglar, there's not an iota of truth in what you're saying.

A simple example is this; What would you say to someone who came to you and said,

'Hamburglar, I am a dimwit, and poor, please teach me how to be wise and prosperous'.

Tokyo
#419 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 1:59:30 PM

masukuma wrote:
Nandwa wrote:

You are wrong @Masukuma. Hamburglar only pointed atheists are more more successful by percentage than theists.
If believers of this imported false ideologies can let us live in peace, we shall be glad. They can worship their Madonna , that Scandinavian man on the cross or those other weird men. I find it funny to even imagine worshipping that racist god. It means all my ancestors to 3 or 4th generations ago are somewhere being baked alive. Will be happy to join them.
work to prosper
masukuma
#420 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 2:27:29 PM

Tokyo wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Nandwa wrote:

You are wrong @Masukuma. Hamburglar only pointed atheists are more more successful by percentage than theists.
If believers of this imported false ideologies can let us live in peace, we shall be glad. They can worship their Madonna , that Scandinavian man on the cross or those other weird men. I find it funny to even imagine worshipping that racist god. It means all my ancestors to 3 or 4th generations ago are somewhere being baked alive. Will be happy to join them.

that is PART of what he said - which I agreed to... but it was not all that he said!

Wewe nilikuchokoza hapa and you never appeared - we are almost on the same wave length on this matter