wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
M-PESA Outside Kenya
D32
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 10:04:06 PM

Hi,

Anyone got info on if one can send and receive payments when outside the country. Do not need to withdraw, just send and receive.

I know it works in UG, what about other countries?
They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds.
Ash Ock
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 10:29:09 PM

It works. I've used it from Europe to send, receive, and to top up any Safcon number.
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
D32
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:28:06 PM

Good to know that it works, Thanks! smile
They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds.
bkismat
#4 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 9:43:28 AM

Sent and received from Zambia.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
grolut
#5 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 10:15:01 AM

If I'm not wrong, you can send and receive anywhere your Safaricom line has roaming. The only thing you can't do is deposit and withdraw though I've been able to do this in UG.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
bkismat
#6 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 10:25:28 AM

grolut wrote:
If I'm not wrong, you can send and receive anywhere your Safaricom line has roaming. The only thing you can't do is deposit and withdraw though I've been able to do this in UG.

How now if they can't deposit and cant withdraw what business is safaricom doing then?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
chris79
#7 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 10:42:50 AM

bkismat wrote:
grolut wrote:

How now if they can't deposit and cant withdraw what business is safaricom doing then?

It's because there are no Mpesa agents in those countries...
bkismat
#8 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 12:39:04 PM

chris79 wrote:
bkismat wrote:
grolut wrote:

How does it work? Do the customers go to some specific bank?
-Mark Twain
taka jua
#9 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 2:16:09 PM

You can deposit money into MPESA at western union branches in selected countries
JkMwatha
#10 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 3:46:06 PM

bkismat wrote:
grolut wrote:

Its actually very useful... probably one of the best thing since sliced bread.
I use it while in UK to send/pay people, as well as receive/get paid... in Kenya.
I have never needed to set my phone on roaming (unless it happens automatically).
I have never needed to withdraw cash (ksh? -imagine that!) while in UK.
I always thought transactions or those safcom messages were charged, but never been charged.
Much Know
#11 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 2:23:11 PM

To a Tanzanian in Mwanza(number +255, vodafone which is also mpesa)? I understand you can do it with airtel is this true? Please assist. I have heard tanzanian accept Kenyan mpesa and have their own ways of getting the money is this true?

On the safaricom mpesa help site they have this very confusing answer ati:-

Is it possible to send money from M-PESA Kenya to M-PESA Tanzania and are There'safaricom M-PESA agents in Tanzania?

Safaricom M-PESA services are different from M-PESA Tanzania. There are no'Safaricom'M-PESA agents in Tanzania. However, you can still receive and send money to other people and purchase airtime if you have a'Safaricom'M-PESA account while in Tanzania.
Did this answer your question?

NO Shame on you
A New Kenya
ahoo
#12 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 5:52:49 PM

Much Know wrote:
To a Tanzanian in Mwanza(number +255, vodafone which is also mpesa)? I understand you can do it with airtel is this true? Please assist. I have heard tanzanian accept Kenyan mpesa and have their own ways of getting the money is this true?

Is it possible to send money from M-PESA Kenya to M-PESA Tanzania and are There'safaricom M-PESA agents in Tanzania?

Safaricom M-PESA services are different from M-PESA Tanzania. There are no'Safaricom'M-PESA agents in Tanzania. However, you can still receive and send money to other people and purchase airtime if you have a'Safaricom'M-PESA account while in Tanzania.

NO Shame on you

In selected towns like Arusha(i guess due to proximity to Kenya) you can actually withdraw from Mpesa and depositi as usual.However this is safaricoms mpesa and not Vodafones Mpesa

While in Dar i also head of a guy who does it via Tanga.Oher option is to sweet talk the Kenyan bus companies like Modern coast etc to use their Float on their safcom lines if you are in tanzania,and either pay them or recieve money from them
You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it fearlessly.
Kish m
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:16:19 PM

ahoo wrote:
Much Know wrote:

NO Shame on you

In selected towns like Arusha(i guess due to proximity to Kenya) you can actually withdraw from Mpesa and depositi as usual.However this is safaricoms mpesa and not Vodafones Mpesa

While in Dar i also head of a guy who does it via Tanga.Oher option is to sweet talk the Kenyan bus companies like Modern coast etc to use their Float on their safcom lines if you are in tanzania,and either pay them or recieve money from them

I am in Arusha, and have been receiving and sending money throughSafaricom mpesa,using Mpesa agents at the border (ofcourse people I know), But I have never seen a Safaricom agent in Arusha. would be glad to have this service
grolut
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:55:31 PM

bkismat wrote:
chris79 wrote:
bkismat wrote:
grolut wrote:

How does it work? Do the customers go to some specific bank?

Had not seen your query...in UG there are "M-Pesa Agents" who work with colleagues in Kenya. My withdrawal was from an agent in Kariokor or something like that though I was standing in a shop in Kampala.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
Mukiri
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:05:25 AM

Can withdraw cash from my Bank account and transact via M-Pesa from all the East African countries I've been.

Proverbs 19:21
tinker
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:55:24 PM

Safaricom also 'Roam' in ROSS too as Vivacell, other than depositing and withdrawing, I transact as if am in ROK on my Safcom line.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Much Know
#17 Posted : Friday, August 08, 2014 6:22:49 PM

I can change KE Mpesa to TZ mpesa if you are stranded in TZ and only have KE Mpesa, purely as a matter of trust, in an emergency situation like i experienced there with no alternative (and vice versa), so CREDIBLE wazuans only for the time being, maximum 5K at a go,i will charge 2sok for any transaction, I will exchange at the average forex rate OR BETTER, so make your request here (for transparency using your username - no "new faras"), then we can finalize privately if you are ever stuck in TZ with KE mpesa and no TZ cash, or vice versa.
A New Kenya
Ngogoyo
#18 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 10:46:46 AM

MPESA in the US.

...but they are too proud to accept the idea has been tested and working no need to reinvent the wheel uncle sam
Much Know
#19 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 10:56:30 AM

Much Know wrote:
I can change KE Mpesa to TZ mpesa if you are stranded in TZ and only have KE Mpesa, purely as a matter of trust, in an emergency situation like i experienced there with no alternative (and vice versa), so CREDIBLE wazuans only for the time being, maximum 5K at a go,i will charge 2sok for any transaction, I will exchange at the average forex rate OR BETTER, so make your request here (for transparency using your username - no "new faras"), then we can finalize privately if you are ever stuck in TZ with KE mpesa and no TZ cash, or vice versa.

BTW this offer is now closed, safaricom introduced their own system that works very well for TZ transfers direct from mobile to TZ mpesa on their mobiles. Perhaps we will introduce a more cutting edge/'transformational' service in near future.
A New Kenya
subzero
#20 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 10:59:31 AM

Much Know wrote:

Vodacom and Safaricom formally launched this product.
sending direct from KE to TZ mpesa and vice versa