wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Shares as Security
PeterReborn
#1 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 12:07:15 PM

Hi,I want to use my shares as security to get a loan from my sacco.The loan is at interest rate of 12% p.a reducing balance.Part of the loan will be to purchase additional shares.Question is will I be able to trade my additional shares freely or should I open another cds account for the new shares?Does it make economic sense to purchase the shares and be able to pay the 12% interest?
Consistency is better than intensity
Murenju
#2 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 3:49:51 PM

You will only be able to trade with shares that are not used as collateral. No need to open another cds account. If capital gains can be realized then use the cash from the loan to buy the shares. If not sure, then do not try. Happy investing.
Knock hard and it will be opened. Ask and you will be answered. Seek and you shall find.
PeterReborn
#3 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 10:32:55 AM

Thank you @Murenju.The return on investment will be higher than my loan interest that am paying.I am also looking into diversifying into unit trusts.
shalishali
#4 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 1:29:46 PM

Please advise how long I should hold shares after buying them before selling them i.e can i buy some shares today and sell them i a week's time? will appreciate response.
UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!
PeterReborn
#5 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 3:45:31 PM

shalishali wrote:
Please advise how long I should hold shares after buying them before selling them i.e can i buy some shares today and sell them i a week's time? will appreciate response.

Depends on how much you are selling the shares and the availability of buyers.Also whether you are doing this online yourself or are using an agent.
But it is should be possible to do this in a week.
guru267
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 8:19:20 PM

shalishali wrote:

If you lack the experience you are setting yourself up to get BURNED!
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
Murang'a
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 10:29:24 AM

guru267 wrote:
shalishali wrote:

If you lack the experience you are setting yourself up to get BURNED!

Am a current share trader with Suntra and am thinking of opening an online trading account...Please help on the best and its requirements.
IMITATION IS LIMITATION