wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
THE MLM QUESTION
Ash Ock
#21 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 4:42:49 PM

@tnesh,

First off, those weren’t my calculations but something I had floating around in My Documents downloaded quite a few years ago from I don’t know where.

Secondly, you are fudging the math. You’re either wrongly assuming or flat out lying that the pyramid structure of an MLM will continue growing nonstop so that everybody will make money. In the example I gave previously, calculate how many levels deep you need to go to reach the entire population of the earth. 15 levels only to have just over 6 billion people in your pyramid. Now use yours of 10 people and it gets worse much much faster.

Even if we assume the bottom rank if filled with 625 instead of 95, that’s just an extra 530 suckers at the bottom being scammed out of their lifesavings. The bottom ranks of the MLM pyramid will always hold the most people and every single one of them will be losing money or at best, barely covering their costs. Whatever numbers you plug in, the percentages of those at the bottom losing money would still roughly stay the same i.e. 99.6% losing money. This is a mathematical fact no amount of fudging can hide.

I have no interest in visiting the website again and will terminate the discussion here. Don’t worry; there are more than enough people who will swallow the MLM dream to keep you going unless you are one of the bottom ranks and then you yourself will learn what the word “scam” means. In that case, you, like 80-90% of people who join MLM’s, will drop out within the first year, after losing a lot of money and time.

Good luck.

Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
chiaroscuro
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:30:19 PM

tnesh wrote:
Chiaroscuro. In GDI you pay a standing charge of $10 per month. GDI pays you a dollar for every one you bring into the business and the subsequent affiliates under those beneath you for 5 generations. You can have as many as possible in one generation. From this its clear that the company ends up keeping 50% from the $10 and the rest can be awarded the affiliates(check out the video for details). Pretty straight forward business model. The difference with other biz models is; here you are paid MORE, but you can see the company still has 50% to run the biz unlike in pyramids.....

I pay $25 per YEAR for my ".com" domains and Sh2,500 per year for ".co.ke" domains. Now why would I pay 10 times and still have potential customers typing the wrong domain extension - you do know that .com is the natural extension and [in Kenya] followed by .co.ke, don't you?

Secondly; do I really want to lose focus from my maize roasting business in an attempt to recover the high cost of the domain? If I'm selling roasted maize through my web site, I don't want to start thinking about whom else to sell a domain name to in order to recover the exorbitant $120 [Sh10k] per year that I pay for the site.

I simply want a cheap [and easily remembered] domain that will not eat into my working capital.

Like I said earlier, MLM is a fallacy. It makes products [and services] more expensive.
chiaroscuro
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:37:17 PM

Oh and by the way; so you want me to sell domains to people who will also sell domains to others etc. That sounds so much like the classic "simple mailing job" pyramid scheme.

Everyone is selling domains to everyone else and no one seems to be doing anything with those domains... because they are too busy trying to recruit new members
tnesh
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:56:51 PM

Ash Ock am not asking you to reply but I wish you could check out the following link for some explanation on how saturation is not an issue (and its not a video and nothing to do with GDI)..... & thanks for dropping by

www.firstclassmlm.com/20...no-more-new-people-join/

chiroscuro ntakujibu kesho. am tired.........
tnesh
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:53:03 AM

I think its time we ended this discussion, but let me answer chiaroscuro;

Chiaroscuro, what do you mean by .com is natural? .com was only the pioneer extension for COMmercial sites, hence its popularity. It’s like saying safaricom is the natural service provider.

About pricing, that we’ve already covered. See #18

Thank you for your follow-up question. Many come into MLM biz with the wrong mentality. The aim of any biz is to sell products/ services, MLM(multi level marketing) is for marketing. You don’t join for the sake; you join because you want a website.

The domain you buy can be used in any way you want, at the least you can use it to market GDI (if you don’t have any other business in mind) eg you could have chiaroscuropaintings.ws and sell your arts and have nothing to do with selling GDI, but you already have .com and .co.ke

Anyone interested in getting a domain, having a website created for free, tools to help you modify the site free, SEO optimization and a grand opportunity to earn a fortune from the site, check out workonline.ws

alma
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:18:24 AM

mentioning SEO with ws in the same sentence is a sin in my books. Even your own domain that you have given

workoneline.ws If I search for work online, workonline, etc, I can't find you.

So obviously your knowledge of what domain names are, what they can do and how to use them is limited at best and uninformed in the least.

So makes me wonder how you can sell something that you don't even understand? Sorry, its an MLM no one has to understand anything. And there's a sucker born daily. Hopefully we've saved one sucker, you can keep the rest.

Ati a fortune from a .ws....try selling that to domain buyers.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
chiaroscuro
#27 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:14:55 AM

tnesh wrote:
I think its time we ended this discussion, but let me answer chiaroscuro;

Chiaroscuro, what do you mean by .com is natural? .com was only the pioneer extension for COMmercial sites, hence its popularity. It’s like saying safaricom is the natural service provider.

About pricing, that we’ve already covered. See #18

Thank you for your follow-up question. Many come into MLM biz with the wrong mentality. The aim of any biz is to sell products/ services, MLM(multi level marketing) is for marketing. You don’t join for the sake; you join because you want a website.

The domain you buy can be used in any way you want, at the least you can use it to market GDI (if you don’t have any other business in mind) eg you could have chiaroscuropaintings.ws and sell your arts and have nothing to do with selling GDI, but you already have .com and .co.ke

Anyone interested in getting a domain, having a website created for free, tools to help you modify the site free, SEO optimization and a grand opportunity to earn a fortune from the site, check out workonline.ws

Whenever you mention the word WEBSITE, everybody assumes it will end with .com

I have a yahoo.com address but I keep getting another person's emails. Her address is similar to mine but ends with .co.uk

Her friends NATURALLY assume that it should be .com That's what I mean by "natural".

Even .co.ke too some time before getting public recognition. It's still not there yer but it is definitely better than all these .info; .net; .ws things.

By the way, my .co.ke used to be a .info; after struggling with it for a few years, I abandoned it and registered the same name as .co.ke. It is doing much better now.
quicksand
#28 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:33:13 AM

Wewe @tnesh ...you won't be able to fool anyone on this forum, you have wasted your time and Wazuans love sparring with snake-oil salesmen with half-baked ideas.
If you are in this biz my advice is get out, invest that money else where or buy a goat and make all of us a party.
Peace.
tnesh
#29 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:22:52 PM

mum's the word on this thread!
Mtu Biz
#30 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 3:31:39 PM

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Ahem!

That was a very very refreshing thread.
Sola Scriptura

KenSaf
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:06:38 PM

Enyewe tnesh, you need to do more research on your product
Doors of opportunity don't just open , they have to be unlocked & it's up to you to turn the knob.
new investor
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:39:51 PM

tnesh wrote:
MLM is a marketing model that has been there for a while but came to be popular in Kenya just recently. Unfortunately, in Kenya most of us came to know about MLM through scam companies popularly known as pyramid schemes eg DECI. Such companies ride on the success of the marketing strategy abroad and take advantage of the ignorant.

Before joining any MLM it is important to do the following:-

1. Find — and study — the company’s track record
2. Learn about the product
3. Ask questions
4. Understand any restrictions
5. Talk to other distributors (beware of shills)
6. Consider using an adviser
7. Think about whether this plan suits your talents and goals

MLM has now developed and is on the internet with a slightly different but more productive approach; here the power of internet marketing is used with the MLM pay plan. This makes it possible for affiliates to achieve their goals faster and in a more efficient way.

I am currently an affliate with a great American company that I found to be the best. Very affordable and quite legit. The company has been going for 12 years. For an opportunity of a lifetime, Check out the company video at workonline.ws

Wazuans,

Lets all wish Tnesh all the best.
I was almost recruited into this biz by guys claiming to recruit 6 guys under me.

Luckily, I decided to compare hosting prices and I realizes that GODADDY will charge me like $5 and give me a free domain name...If you buy a domain name in godaddy (.com,.net etc, ) It costs about $11 per year.

I have also read good reviews about bluehost(no affiliate link) andin fact, they will pay $65 to anyone who recruits webhosting customers into the program.

Tnesh.....check out soundhosting,bluehost,godaddy and greengeeks for great affiliate commissions.

I totally agree .ws cannot sell!!
I saw some cheap kenyan webhost (200-500 per month)Does anyone now if its reliable and good for blog hosting?
Give Away FREE Reports and Affiliate Tools.
Earn commissions from sales of Our Do-It-Yourself List Building Resources.
http://www.leadgeneratingtools.com
mywealth
#33 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:49:23 AM

Give this person a chance! So much negativity!
The key to succeeding at this is to duplicate
a system that actually works for global domains if
you check out certain pages of GDI you can succeed
here is on typical page as if you previously failed, a newbie or already in GDI this helps to build your downline!
butterflyke
#34 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:53:40 PM

Someone tried to recruit me into this - I listened to the presentation but asked myself a lot of questions until the catch became evident.

C&P from RINK

Like many of you out there, I heard someone say Telexfree is a Scam because of its lucrative offer to earn money online by placing ads. The truth is, this company really does pay its promoters to advertise daily, but does require them to invest between $289.00 and $1375.00 on a 52 week contract called “Ad Central” in order to become part of the company. Why so much money upfront? I believe it is because this company is structured like many other multi-level marketing (MLM) companies out there. You pay into a pot that pays all the other people that signed up before you did. It’s what many people call the pyramid scheme. However, Telexfree is slightly different in that it pays its promoters (weekly) to post ads online. In that sense, Telexfree is similar to an actual job where you work everyday and they pay you for your work. No matter how much you invest, the system is set up so that you will make back your investment within 14 weeks from your sign up date provided you post the daily ads.

Anyone else heard of this?
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝