wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Marketing job
suwan
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2014 2:41:46 PM

....anyone who can offer a graduate with over 8 years marketing and sales experience, a job out there..... Biashara imenikataa!
Hei its not all of us who are made to be entrepreneurs

xtina
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2014 3:03:46 PM

What happened? Stories like this make me smile and sad at the same time. Happy because it reminds me I am doing something right as my ventures are doing OK, sad because it can also happen to me. How long have you been in business? Are you quitting kabisa or you will take a stab at the biashara again? Why don’t you look for job and try to run the business on the side? Looking back, what mistakes have led to the failure of your biz? Pole for the maswali mingi, but whenever I see women entrepreneurs (or any entrep for that matter) close their businesses, it bugs me to no end.

In the words of Steve Jobs: I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance. Methinks this is very true; people give up way too easily. Remember, everything takes twice as long and costs twice as much.
mkonomtupu
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2014 3:19:42 PM

it's sad to see another entrepreneur give up. What happened, cashflow?

I can't picture myself being employed waiting for end month to collect a payslip but all the best
mukiha
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2014 4:01:21 PM

suwan wrote:
....anyone who can offer a graduate with over 8 years marketing and sales experience, a job out there..... Biashara imenikataa!
Hei its not all of us who are made to be entrepreneurs

Many start-up close because of lack of customers. I hope yours was not in that category, yet you are a marketing and sales expert!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Muriel
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2014 4:32:50 PM

Suwan, Xtina, ni kina nani?

At least Mkonomtupu and Mukiha I have seen around ,,,,,
suwan
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 3:31:47 PM

@ muriel....ni full memba
suwan
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 3:35:00 PM

huh, thanx 4 the comments...I guess poor structures and partnerships caused the damage. I am not giving it up yet...just looking for a job to be able to start over again...but I have atlist I 've realized my mistakes my lessons!d'oh!

best lesson learnt....going it alone is better!

suwan
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 3:36:41 PM

@ Muriel hebu angalia hizo maranks...veterans, elders!
AlphDoti
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 3:52:50 PM

suwan wrote:
huh, thanx 4 the comments...I guess poor structures and partnerships caused the damage. I am not giving it up yet...just looking for a job to be able to start over again...but I have atlist I 've realized my mistakes my lessons!d'oh!

@suwan sole trader is not necessarily better than partnership. The later has more heads, more potential to raise funds.

You probably fell short in the following areas: agreeing on liabilities, ownership, profits, and when one partner leaves.

Lesson; partner with people you know very well.
xtina
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 4:04:02 PM

Muriel wrote:

Suwan, Xtina, ni kina nani?

At least Mkonomtupu and Mukiha I have seen around ,,,,,

I outgrew Wazua, you will too one day smileOften read but rarely log in, too busy for that.
xtina
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 4:18:38 PM

suwan wrote:

Glad you have learnt the lessons which you will use going forward, from that you have just earned an MBA. Obviously, I don't know how your partnership is structured, but I'm in one and it has worked out quite well, so don't rule out partnerships. All the best ukitafuta job, utapata.

xtina
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 4:39:56 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
suwan wrote:

@suwan sole trader is not necessarily better than partnership. The later has more heads, more potential to raise funds.

You probably fell short in the following areas: agreeing on liabilities, ownership, profits, and when one partner leaves.

Lesson; partner with people you know very well.

Well said, esp on the ownership and profits. Know one where one partner wasn't too keen on the biz until it started making profits, and all of a sudden it was her 'profits'. In another case, one partner got married and the new spouse wanted to push the other member out. But partnerships trump sole prop. any time.
Muriel
#13 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 9:47:56 AM

Sincere apologies to Suwan and Xtina.

Too much haste to speak from me.

More reading is a thing I too am familiar with.

smile
nakujua
#14 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 10:05:35 AM

mkonomtupu wrote:
it's sad to see another entrepreneur give up. What happened, cashflow?

I can't picture myself being employed waiting for end month to collect a payslip but all the best

mambo ya cash kills many biasharas, but the saddest part I have seen is people giving up on entrepreneurship after less than 5 years.

After the freedom in self employment going back to regular employment is a very hard thing, at least I also do not picture myself going back.