wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Forbes List - Africa's Richest 40
mwasjd
#1 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 11:58:10 AM

In the inagural edition released last week, Kenya has 2 representatives (UK & CK) in the top 40 richest African men (no women), but no billionaires - atleast not considering Zim dollars ;-)

http://www.forbes.com/li...illionaires-11_rank.html
Thiong'o
#2 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 12:18:17 PM

@ mwasjd , You can follow the discussion since last week hereā€¦

http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&t=16159
kiterunner
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:26:30 AM

I find it hard to believe that Uhuru could be worth more than MO1. There was an interesting conversation earlier on Twitter by one @oleitumbi claiming that CK influenced the decision for him to be in the list, they only interviewed Larry Madowo and CK to come to place him number 2
our goals are best achieved indirectly
kiterunner
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:30:51 AM

I find it hard to believe that Uhuru could be worth more than MO1. There was an interesting conversation earlier on Twitter by one @oleitumbi claiming that CK influenced the decision for him to be in the list, they only interviewed Larry Madowo and CK to come to place him number 2
our goals are best achieved indirectly
youcan'tstopusnow
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:04:45 AM

kiterunner wrote:

Forbes also interviewed a certain jamaa from Standard Chartered in their 'analysis'
Kirubi said that he was "surprised" and "didn't know how they arrived at the figures"

I don't think Moi was considered as he probably transferred his assets to his kids.

They also didn't consider Chandaria because they believed the money is jointly held by the whole family.

I would love to see Kenya's Top 40! (and how they made it of coursesmile )
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
tony stark
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:37:32 AM

kiterunner wrote:

After finding out that Larry Madowo was consulted and this stupidity I immediately disregarded the list as his stupid nonsense!This list is as stupid as Larry Madowo.

PS: The only reason I am ranting here is because I know he reads this site prior to doing his stupid shows which are basically is a rehash of the kenyan blogosphere! What an IDIOT
murchr
#7 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 4:04:10 AM

Forbes 30 most promising Africa entrepreneurs under 30
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore