wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
PLO Lumumba new KACC Director
wote
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:47:00 AM

Mali ya nguvu,your guess is right he lead Adungos to deathtrap for a few shillings.

@Marty,this time round the president's hands are tied,its only parliament that can reject him if they have any reason to believe that he is not fit to hold that office.

wote
Njunge
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:56:00 AM

@Shak,
Barking dogs rarely bite..............sometimes they even run away from roosters.

Old man about town....
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Marty
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:05:00 AM

@jaribu,
The act gives the president a ceremonial role of official appointment. It assumes that by the time the name (s) reach him,they are properly vetted by the board and the national assembly. What the president gets is assumed to have gone through a process that should ideally get the best

..one is only poor if they choose to be
When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty
of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator.
VituVingiSana
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 11:22:00 AM

I hope PLO is not a buddy of wako... That is the first guy who needs to be kicked out...

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Impunity
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 11:29:00 AM

Nothing good in the offing.Wait and see how he will crying croc tears infront of cameras.

The Hague...or Local Triburnal ama TJRC.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

jaheim
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:03:00 PM

I had always thought P.L.O is best suited to do the job,Maybe the AG's post would suit him even better. Lets see what will come out of this and hope its the begining of things changing for the better

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg
Kioko_Nesa
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:05:00 PM

PLO is a qualified in constitutional law lets see what he can do.

But if it was me nominating,i would nominate Githongo for the sole reason you all know

Kioko
Magigi
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:27:00 PM

...what will he do? There are so many corrupt people in this country. Where will he start? Will end the same way Ringera ended? This is a job to be taken by those who want to die early because of STRESS and THREATS. I can never take it even if I am offered ( not that I am qualified)

...Whom will he be working with? KTN Allen Namu and Mohammed? As best as I know,those are the only people left who have the BALLS to expose corruption!!!
Kamaa
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:28:00 PM

at long last....

i wish he files a case against simon mbugua for stealing the 2007 erections...

just like mutava musyimi kept quiet i guess PLO will be no different..

When you run so fast to get somewhere,you miss the fun of getting there... Life is not a race,so take it slowly....
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
mturi
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:28:00 PM

Lumumba looks like a decent guy and I have not heard anything that impacts on his integrity,so he is probably suitably qualified for the role. My only problem with this guy is his inefficient use of his eloquence. He says something he would say in three word is 10 sentences- I don&rsquo;t think this guy understands efficiency. I am also not sure if he was very effective when he held the role of the secretary to the constitutional review commission.
These guys went out and collected views from Kenyans but am not sure they interpreted those views correctly and in a representative way- may be Kenyans said they did not want an imperial president but I don&rsquo;t think they said they wanted the imperial powers donated to the prime minister.
They probably said they wanted to access government easily but I don&rsquo;t think they said they want a federal government- how are we going to finance such a government&hellip;.he (and his fellow commissioner) should have used their intellect to interpret these views properly to ensure that institutions were strengthened as not realignment of powers to suit individuals- I think these were views of the political class and not wanjiku who does not probably understand the difference between a parliamentary system and presidential system etc.
For that reason,he should be evaluated based on his past performance and not his speeches/eloquence &ndash; what we want is action (and output) and not rhetoric&rsquo;s- we have had enough of that already.
Intelligentsia
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:54:00 PM

PLO huh? More poetry and play on semantics on the way guys...

We seem to have a problem as Kenyans,thinking that changes of personalities - rather than institutional changes such as changing the environment KACC works in - is a panacea. So u have a new KACC and his 2 assistants eager to kowtow to his policies,big deal! Guess who they will be referring their investigation files to? None other than the high priest of impunity,Mr Amos Shitswila Wako. And u expect change? Paaaaaaaaaaaliz!

The history of giving activists a position in govt to institutionalise the very changes they keep clamouring and agitating for,is mixed in Kenya: Githongo did try but then again Rev Mutava Musyimi,once touted as the compromise presidential candidate in 2002,is yet to find his tongue in Parliament upto today. Dude's actually spoken nada to date - clearly he has no position on national issues and his constituency is perfect with no problems! Nabwambu was once an activist too,until the lure of cereals become too overpowering.

The key thing is to institutionalise changes - like the nomination of PLO as a director. But we have unfinished business there as PLO's success in his new job,like it or not,will be inextricably intertwined to the whims and performance of the AG - I mean,PLO does all the investigations and thinks he has a case? Sorry,the AG smilingly says,citing insufficient evidence,evidence not enough to sustain a case by the prosecution,no case at all,no lucas standi,etc. Halafu mta do? Start clamoring for yet another KACC director!? Lakini mpaka lini?

Granted,we needed a new man at the helmsmanship of KACC but what was even more solely needed were institutional changes to de-bottleneck the process that hinders the effective discharge of the responsibilities of the KACC head. The reforms should have gone the whole kit and caboodle and addressed this i.e how does PLO bring to a logical conclusion a corruption case against sacred cows without interference or frustrations from the AG's office? Give KACC prosecutorial powers? Or other options? We have unfinished business here folks,and unfortunately this will hang over PLO's head like the proverbial sword of damocles. Iko sida.

..there's nothing,absolutely nothing really,that I can't do if I put my mind to it.

Noble
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 1:23:00 PM

I have no problem with PLO Lumumba. The guy is just too good. But i have a problem with the vetting body,our parliament. How many mpigs have been implicated in corrupt deals? How can you send a thief to appoint an OCPD? Can you imagine the likes of Mbugua vetting an anti corruption boss. I doubt whether anyone who is not compromised can go through. By now there might be a lot of lobbying amongst the mpigs.

Davewesh
#33 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:36:00 PM

I agree with kioko on this one,Githongo would hav done a better job at this n u dont need wako in order 4 u to expose corruption,githongo did it n john allan n moha r doin it. Expose corrupt individuals n kenyans wil deal wit 'em hata wako akishindwa!

Do not postpone to later,what you can do now.
When buying shares, ask yourself, would you buy the whole company? --Rene Rivkin
Davewesh
#34 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:36:00 PM

I agree with kioko on this one,Githongo would hav done a better job at this n u dont need wako in order 4 u to expose corruption,githongo did it n john allan n moha r doin it. Expose corrupt individuals n kenyans wil deal wit 'em hata wako akishindwa!

Do not postpone to later,what you can do now.
When buying shares, ask yourself, would you buy the whole company? --Rene Rivkin
Mali
#35 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 4:09:00 PM

Githongo is a coward.. he will run to Somali once Mbugua tells him to shut up!! Lol.. PLO chances of sailing through parliament are minimal.. Kenya my land,Mpigs the decision makers!!!

if the incompetent and the reckless compete,the result is a disaster.. MN
Jay R
#36 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 4:28:00 PM

Majority of the posts have already passed judgement on PLO even before getting confirmed,as doomed to fail. It's such attitude and approach to all things Kenyan by Kenyans that will take us nowhere. Any anti-corruption czar can only perform with the support and goodwill from all Kenyans. He falls short of yours,he falls short of achieving. Then you can all come back and post how the guy failed. I call it prejudice.

When i see my purple,you see it not.
when i see my purple, you see it not!
Kusadikika
#37 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:41:00 PM

The KACC as it is currently constituted was never meant to fight corruption. It was created to TALK about fighting corruption so I think bringing in the country's best orator to head it,is in order. PLO will do just fine. He will have airtime and the 1.7 million shillings taxfree per month will make him very happy indeed.

For those advocating for Wako's sacking please understand the system is designed to screw the mwananchi. Nobody can fire Wako. As a constitutional office holder he can only leave by resigning or by the recommendation of a tribunal formed to investigate him. Legally it will be hard to find anything wrong he has done. His term is expiring next year so I think he will just sail it through to the end.

The same thing with this KACC job. Once whoever the director is appointed he can decide to go to the beach and swim in the ocean for the five years of his contract and nobody can touch him. His tenure is protected for the whole time unless removed by a tribunal. Lawyers are just too crafty!!!!!!!

Weusi wa nywele za mshtakiwa zaonyesha ujinga alio nao
Jangwa la Jangili
#38 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 4:42:00 AM

he finally has the opportunity to put his mouth where our money is. fingers crossed!

and pravin bowry. wasnt this guy the second most comical character at the goldenbag inquiry? second because no one could outdo the hilarious spectacle that was gibson 'the wailer' kuria.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
MADE
#39 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 5:47:00 AM

Juz hoping that there wont be any political alliances in Parliament meant to scuttle PLO's nomination. I believe he can fly...

We all have been thieves at one point in our lives; only that some of us never turned professional.
Age is transforming me into an Elder;becoz Admin hasn't made me one.
Marty
#40 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 6:51:00 AM

@jangwa,

Indeed Bowry was Kulei's lawyer at the inquiry. But the funniest dude to me was none other than Collins Yuda Owayo,got me glued to my screen.

..one is only poor if they choose to be
When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty
of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator.