wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Old computers, old library books
FRM2011
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 6:30:17 PM

Hallo wazuans,

I need your help here.

I have been supporting my former primary school to improve exam performance. The challenges are typical of any public primary school.

Recently we managed to connect electricity and renovate two empty classrooms. We converted one into a library and the other into a computer lab.

Right now am looking for info on where I can get the following;

1. Books to stock-up the library.
2. Old computers to introduce the poor kids to basic IT.
3. A sponsor for our best student who scored 352 and got admitted to a very good county school.

If you know any org disposing old computers at reasonable prices, please please let me know.
Toxicity
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:57:53 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Hallo wazuans,

I need your help here.

I have been supporting my former primary school to improve exam performance. The challenges are typical of any public primary school.

Recently we managed to connect electricity and renovate two empty classrooms. We converted one into a library and the other into a computer lab.

3. A sponsor for our best student who scored 352 and got admitted to a very good county school.

If you know any org disposing old computers at reasonable prices, please please let me know.

This is a very noble idea I May not be in a position to help with any of the three requests but only to congratulate you for what you are doing.

update president set president = speaker where president is null
FRM2011
#3 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 9:49:45 AM

Toxicity wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Hallo wazuans,

I need your help here.

This is a very noble idea I May not be in a position to help with any of the three requests but only to congratulate you for what you are doing.

Thanks @toxicity, am sure someone in this great community of wazuans will be able to assist.
qooler
#4 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 11:24:07 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
Hallo wazuans,

I need your help here.

Computer aid international hv been donating tons of ex-UK computers to local schools and colleges...check them out

Computer Aid International...a UK-registered ICT for development charity which aims to reduce poverty through practical ICT solutions. they collect IT equipment for distribution in hospitals, universities, schools and not-for-profit organisations in over 100 countries.
butterflyke
#5 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 11:32:30 AM

@FRM2011, this is a noble idea and kudos to you and others trying to support the school.

You may already have thought of this but you can try and reach the alumni of the school, if there is a Facebook group, etc.

It might also be a good idea to post the fee structure for the secondary school which the best performing student has been called to so that people can have an idea of the costs.

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
tycho
#6 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 11:55:17 AM

You can get a bale of books @ around 4000 shillings. But you may need to contact 'my friend'.
FRM2011
#7 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 6:32:26 PM

qooler wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Hallo wazuans,

I need your help here.

Computer aid international hv been donating tons of ex-UK computers to local schools and colleges...check them out

Computer Aid International...a UK-registered ICT for development charity which aims to reduce poverty through practical ICT solutions. they collect IT equipment for distribution in hospitals, universities, schools and not-for-profit organisations in over 100 countries.

@qooler, thanks a million. I had not heard of computer aid international. Have already contacted them. Will update you on the outcome. Once again thanks for the info.
FRM2011
#8 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 6:35:42 PM

butterflyke wrote:
@FRM2011, this is a noble idea and kudos to you and others trying to support the school.

You may already have thought of this but you can try and reach the alumni of the school, if there is a Facebook group, etc.

It might also be a good idea to post the fee structure for the secondary school which the best performing student has been called to so that people can have an idea of the costs.

@butterflyke, thanks for the idea. We have tried to reach out to the alumni but the response has been lukewarm at best. So far, we are only about 4 guys who seem to be serious. May be facebook can help.

The school fees is about kes.69,000. My plan is to make sure she reports so as not to loose the seat, then we hustle later until she clears.
FRM2011
#9 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 6:37:44 PM

tycho wrote:
You can get a bale of books @ around 4000 shillings. But you may need to contact 'my friend'.

@Tycho, please please, let me talk to the " friend". I know they speak a version of English meant for Philip ochieng and the like but I will try.
butterflyke
#10 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 10:19:42 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
butterflyke wrote:

@butterflyke, thanks for the idea. We have tried to reach out to the alumni but the response has been lukewarm at best. So far, we are only about 4 guys who seem to be serious. May be facebook can help.

The school fees is about kes.69,000. My plan is to make sure she reports so as not to loose the seat, then we hustle later until she clears.

post your email address here. may be there are people who would like to contact you.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Mukiri
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:48:40 AM

It's a digital age, think ebooks!!! And I can send you a ton of those. In addition to the computers, you may want e-readers too.

Proverbs 19:21
FRM2011
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:34:27 PM

Mukiri wrote:
It's a digital age, think ebooks!!! And I can send you a ton of those. In addition to the computers, you may want e-readers too.

@mukiri, Amen to that.

Let me know what I need to do. My contact is
Maina.antoine@gmail.com
FRM2011
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:36:08 PM

butterflyke wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
butterflyke wrote:

post your email address here. may be there are people who would like to contact you.

@butterflyke, my contact is maina.antoine@gmail.com
FRM2011
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:37:42 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

@mukiri, Amen to that.

Let me know what I need to do. My contact is
Maina.antoine@gmail.com

Sorry @mukiri. The correct email is maina.antonie@gmail.com
Wendz
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:22:07 PM

tycho wrote:

@tycho, I have a similar project and i wouldn't mind contacting your friend too. let me know how..
tycho
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:42:34 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
tycho wrote:

@Tycho, please please, let me talk to the " friend". I know they speak a version of English meant for Philip ochieng and the like but I will try.

He'll use the address you've given @Mukiri. Is it okay?

tycho
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:44:18 PM

Wendz wrote:
tycho wrote:

@tycho, I have a similar project and i wouldn't mind contacting your friend too. let me know how..

Just give me your email and he'll contact you.
FRM2011
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:28:42 PM

tycho wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
tycho wrote:

He'll use the address you've given @Mukiri. Is it okay?

@Tycho, that email is okay but just to be sure its; maina.antonie@gmail.com

May your friend be immensely blessed in the year 2014.

Wendz
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:37:50 PM

tycho wrote:
Wendz wrote:
tycho wrote:

Just give me your email and he'll contact you.

Wendz545@gmail.com
kiriita
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:59:32 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
butterflyke wrote:

FRM2011, Good stuff. Will drop mail. Meanwhile, forgive my ignorance - 69k is fees per?