wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
20% Stake for $100,000
TNT
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:07:23 AM

Rollout wrote:
TNT wrote:
I'd like to sell a 20% stake in a 5-year-old Electrical Engineering Company for $100,000. Although the company has a healthy bottom line, it needs the capital to finance its expansion activities. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send me an email at investinelec25@gmail.com.

Finally, I'd prefer to discuss issues to do with the business in a formal setting, an office, for example, rather than on this thread.

I usually have a problem when a Kenyan price anything in Dollars because in my experience any dollar priced good or services in Kenya tend to be overpriced/reap off. Talk to the taxi men at JKIA.... they'll always give a different and always high price in Dollars before they come down once you ask in Shillings!

Would you be interested in selling a smaller percentage with a Synthetic Option( Call-Put) within the agreed terms where the buy will buy the entire 20% if the company meet certain margin percentage or you'll be force to buy back the % bought if the company do not meet pre-agreed target?

I'll skip your first point and dive right into your second point - business. To ensure that I fully comprehend your proposal, kindly email me a detailed outline of how you'd like to structure the deal then I'll get back to you after I study and understand your proposal. Thank you.
accelriskconsult
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:43:05 AM

accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:
I'd like to sell a 20% stake in a 5-year-old Electrical Engineering Company for $100,000. Although the company has a healthy bottom line, it needs the capital to finance its expansion activities. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send me an email at investinelec25@gmail.com.

Finally, I'd prefer to discuss issues to do with the business in a formal setting, an office, for example, rather than on this thread.

TNT Wazua has a long memory, remember this post? http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&t=24805

I am willing to bet that you are the 'friend' that akowally was referring to, the one also called R2. You refused to answer the questions that Wazuans asked then. Nothing has really changed. The promise you make on returns seemed at best tenuous then as the valuation you place on the company is now.

The point I am making is simple. You wanted a loan then and now you want to sell a 20% stake. That points to either of several options including;

1) A business already experiencing cash flow problems, or

2) A company wanting to expand inorganically.

Considering that you wanted to borrow then and assuming that you did, the fact that you require more cash points to possible recklessness or poor planning.

You were too willing to insult us when we wanted to know more about the business and as far as I know the people who sent you private emails were not convinced with your pitch for a loan. Why would the same people in Wazua be interested in buying a stake?

Venture capital (which is essentially what you are looking for operates like this,

1) You value your business
2) The venture capitalist values it at a fraction of your initial valuation.
3) You ask for $100,000 for 20% stake, the venture capitalist agrees to the investment of $100,000 for 90% stake and control of business because he cant afford to let the business fail.

It may be time for you to consider other sources of financing.

And last but not least, I am content with my bitterness because I can always take it to the bank.

TNT
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:28:38 AM

accelriskconsult wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:

TNT Wazua has a long memory, remember this post? http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&t=24805

I am willing to bet that you are the 'friend' that akowally was referring to, the one also called R2. You refused to answer the questions that Wazuans asked then. Nothing has really changed. The promise you make on returns seemed at best tenuous then as the valuation you place on the company is now.

The point I am making is simple. You wanted a loan then and now you want to sell a 20% stake. That points to either of several options including;

Considering that you wanted to borrow then and assuming that you did, the fact that you require more cash points to possible recklessness or poor planning.

You were too willing to insult us when we wanted to know more about the business and as far as I know the people who sent you private emails were not convinced with your pitch for a loan. Why would the same people in Wazua be interested in buying a stake?

Venture capital (which is essentially what you are looking for operates like this,

3) You ask for $100,000 for 20% stake, the venture capitalist agrees to the investment of $100,000 for 90% stake and control of business because he cant afford to let the business fail.

And last but not least, I am content with my bitterness because I can always take it to the bank.

Point of correction: Last time I was looking for debt financing, this time I am looking for equity financing and not a Venture Capitalist, Angel Investor et cetera (those guys almost always deal with startups by the way. This is not a startup business).

As I pointed out last time, this is not a matter of life of death for the business. Without financing, the business would still be operational and profitable in the near future, without any dire financial difficulties.

Finally, it is common practice for growing/expanding businesses to seek some sort of financing - either debt or equity financing- so why should this business be any different?

However, if it will ease your pain/bitterness and help you sleep better at night, please click on the back button on your browser and move on to the next thread. No need to aggravate your bitterness yammering on this thread. Problem solved.
accelriskconsult
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:00:47 PM

TNT wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:

Point of correction: Last time I was looking for debt financing, this time I am looking for equity financing and not a Venture Capitalist, Angel Investor et cetera (those guys almost always deal with startups by the way. This is not a startup business).

As I pointed out last time, this is not a matter of life of death for the business. Without financing, the business would still be operational and profitable in the near future, without any dire financial difficulties.

Finally, it is common practice for growing/expanding businesses to seek some sort of financing - either debt or equity financing- so why should this business be any different?

However, if it will ease your pain/bitterness and help you sleep better at night, please click on the back button on your browser and move on to the next thread. No need to aggravate your bitterness yammering on this thread. Problem solved.

You are not looking for venture capital and yet banks cant touch your company? If your investment is as great as you claim, banks would be lining up to lend you. The math does not add up my brother.

TNT
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:13:47 PM

accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:

You are not looking for venture capital and yet banks cant touch your company? If your investment is as great as you claim, banks would be lining up to lend you. The math does not add up my brother.

@accelriskconsult: So which banks have turned me down? Please list them below this comment, in no particular order. Better yet, don't even bother to provide evidence to support your allegations.

I must say, for someone who does not even know the name of the business in question, you really know an awful lot about the business. What do you think that says about you genius?

Finally, if our numbers were on the red, would I invite potential investors to scrutinize our books of account?

Business 101: Various business financing options and models exist for a reason. Otherwise, it would be just one option: Bank Loans.
Horton
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:34:02 PM

And that's when the fight started
madollar
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:42:28 PM

@TNT "you are too defensive. I'M OUT " Thats what one of those judges would have told you
accelriskconsult
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:53:51 PM

TNT wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:

@accelriskconsult: So which banks have turned me down? Please list them below this comment, in no particular order. Better yet, don't even bother to provide evidence to support your allegations.

I must say, for someone who does not even know the name of the business in question, you really know an awful lot about the business. What do you think that says about you genius?

Finally, if our numbers were on the red, would I invite potential investors to scrutinize our books of account?

Business 101: Various business financing options and models exist for a reason. Otherwise, it would be just one option: Bank Loans.

Books do get cooked

TNT
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:54:38 PM

madollar wrote:
@TNT "you are too defensive. AM OUT " Thats what one of those judges would have told you

What can I say: You can't please everyone and you shouldn't even try. Or, win some, lose some, move on.
TNT
#30 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:56:44 PM

accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:

Books do get cooked

And land title deeds get forged but smart investors always do their due diligence, so what is your point?

Business 101, Lesson 2: Any smart investor knows that due diligence is mandatory when acquiring a business, whether a share of it or the entire business.
accelriskconsult
#31 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:18:27 PM

As a matter of fact I do due diligence for a living. That is why as I said earlier and will repeat here that your sales pitch is just not working because something doesn't add up. But I don't have to waste my time arguing with you anymore. Good luck hunting for investors.
TNT
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:37:10 PM

accelriskconsult wrote:
As a matter of fact I do due diligence for a living. That is why as I said earlier and will repeat here that your sales pitch is just not working because something doesn't add up. But I don't have to waste my time arguing with you anymore. Good luck hunting for investors.

Business 101, Lesson 3: Talk is cheap, so always offer proof.