wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Why does the engine stop?
thuks
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:04:09 AM

I have a car (mazda) whose engine started misbehaving about six months ago by going off once in a while but more often in the recent past.
This usually happens on hilly areas, rough roads or in traffic jams ( slow speed). No firm diagnosis has been made though many solutions have been tried or suggested.
Anyone who can help?
I care!
banyamulenge
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:08:21 PM

thuks wrote:
I have a car (mazda) whose engine started misbehaving about six months ago by going off once in a while but more often in the recent past.
This usually happens on hilly areas, rough roads or in traffic jams ( slow speed). No firm diagnosis has been made though many solutions have been tried or suggested.
Anyone who can help?

Diagnosis is a must for all modern cars. You might break something bigger, yet the problem could be your idle sensor.Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

"The longer the fuse the mightier the blast!"
thuks
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:36:52 AM

banyamulenge wrote:
thuks wrote:
Anyone who can help?

Diagnosis is a must for all modern cars. You might break something bigger, yet the problem could be your idle sensor.Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Did the diagnosis which condemned the control box. My mechanic thinks it could be one of two sensors. Looking for them. Any help?
I care!
Ngong
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:35:40 PM

Might be Heating,check tour radiator and accessories.
Ngong
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:36:44 PM

Another thing fuel pump
thuks
#6 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 9:25:28 PM

Ngong wrote:
Might be Heating,check tour radiator and accessories.

This seems fine, gauge just about 50 % mark always. No leakage of coolant observed
I care!
thuks
#7 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 9:27:54 PM

Ngong wrote:
Another thing fuel pump

Checked. Satisfactory performance.
I care!
kamundu
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 10:00:43 PM

Dispose pap!
Peace in our Homeland.
Angelica _ann
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 10:38:26 PM

Engine just stops. Wah!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Chaka
#10 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 5:15:09 PM

@thuks,
Does the car start up ok in the morning i.e no hard start?Is the idling speed ok just before it goes off?Does the CEL light up?Does it start ok(after going off)?Where was the diagnosis done,CMC?From my experience a scanner For mazda vehicles differs from one used for the other Jap cars i.e a scanner that is used to scan a toyota cannot be used to scan a mazda...I could be wrong
Edyj
#11 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 5:41:47 PM

thuks wrote:
Anyone who can help?

I have the same problem with Toyota NZE my mechanic changed a sensor cant recall the name ( ile inaleta moto kwa plugs as he put it and it seems to be ok. when i had that problem i used to have a hard start if the engine stops and early in the mornings, i am however giving its sometime before am sure. since even previously it would function ok for a period that start misbehaving.
"The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score". - Bill Copeland

thuks
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:17:08 AM

Chaka wrote:
@thuks,
Does the car start up ok in the morning i.e no hard start?Is the idling speed ok just before it goes off?Does the CEL light up?Does it start ok(after going off)?Where was the diagnosis done,CMC?From my experience a scanner For mazda vehicles differs from one used for the other Jap cars i.e a scanner that is used to scan a toyota cannot be used to scan a mazda...I could be wrong

Starts ok in the morning, idling speed is ok and CEL doesn't light up. The diagnosis was in the jua kali - might pay a visit to CMC if solution not found.
I care!
Ngong
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:21:43 AM

thuks wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@thuks,

Starts ok in the morning, idling speed is ok and CEL doesn't light up. The diagnosis was in the jua kali - might pay a visit to CMC if solution not found.

I think your problem is heating,that radiator may be having silt[?] or faulty cap/damaged pipes.
Those computer diagnosis dont work!Sad
thuks
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:35:04 AM

Ngong wrote:
thuks wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@thuks,

I think your problem is heating,that radiator may be having silt[?] or faulty cap/damaged pipes.

Thought so earlier. Guess I should get the whole cooling system checked and cleaned
I care!
Impunity
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:08:05 AM

thuks wrote:
Ngong wrote:
thuks wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@thuks,

Thought so earlier. Guess I should get the whole cooling system checked and cleaned

Sell and buy a toyota.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

qooler
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:55:16 PM

Impunity wrote:
thuks wrote:
Ngong wrote:
thuks wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@thuks,

Sell and buy a toyota.

kwanja ile 100. the thing is sooo hard to break. your mech wont like it
thuks
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:21:17 PM

qooler wrote:
Impunity wrote:
thuks wrote:
Ngong wrote:
thuks wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@thuks,

Sell and buy a toyota.

kwanja ile 100. the thing is sooo hard to break. your mech wont like it

Would you buy?smile
I actually do not wish to sell but to get a solution to the problem.
I care!
thuks
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:27:38 PM

Sorted! Just a filing and tightening of a sensor! Already done 150km of 'risky' areas without an episode!
I care!
Chaka
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:14:27 PM

@thuks,
Thats good..which sensor and who sorted you out?
thuks
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:29:40 PM

Chaka wrote:
@thuks,
Thats good..which sensor and who sorted you out?

The same local mechanic who doubted diagnosis result. The sensor was Crank shaft position sensor... don't know the tech name thoughsmile.
And already clocked another 200km today incident-free..

http://www.autotap.com/problem6_engine_stalls.asp

Found this quite helpful
I care!