wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Anti-Virus
butterflyke
#21 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:55:33 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
If you can lay your hands on Kaspersky for Windows Workstations, go right ahead. Been using it since 2009, never failed me. Most recent is Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows.

Seconded
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Dahatre
#22 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:10:06 PM

I like webroot. It is self directing (scans when I forget and updates itself) It does not take up a lot of space either.

Other things I do to keep up with security:
1. Buy and install the latest OS (windows 8 has more security features than windows XP)

2. Newer processors perform AV tasks faster

3. I install admin rights for myself and separate (non admin accounts)so the kids do not download viruses ovyo ovyo with games facebooking na kadhalika…
iller
#23 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:21:00 PM

Swenani wrote:
iller wrote:
I have used Norton, Kaspersky, AVG and Eset. AVG wins hands down. Compared to Norton and Kaspersky, it was lighter for the computer. Kaspersky was the worst, it really slowed down PC's and it really never cleared threats. Go for AVG free edition

Because its lighter for your computer doesnt mean that its the best...Did you try to upgrade you computer to Core i5?
The fact that your computer has been slowed down means that the antivirus is running many security modules and checks in the background thus increasing your safety.

I dont know which Kaspersky you were using that didnt clear any threats but kaspersky is one of the best antivirus in the market

with all that kaspersky dickriding, hope they are paying you. So I should upgrade my machine or a clients machine so that we can use Kaspersky? Doesn't make sense at all, most guys complain that their comps slow down after installing Kaspersky. As for Kaspersky not clearing threats I have encountered it a couple of times, I have switched a couple of guys from Kaspersky to avg and immediately after installing avg, a threat detected, pops up in some pcs. FYI, I dont use avg, I use windows defender
D32
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:57:08 AM

Back then was on McAfee, still got infected, even with the latest virus database, tried Norton, was heavy on the system, just endured with McAfee, until I discovered AVG. Never had an infection to date. Have used it to clean up infected machines that had other anti-virus systems. Light machines can handle it.

If you do not have abundant Internet data, you can disable auto-update, then manually update when you have the data.
They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds.
simonkabz
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:09:26 AM

I learnt an important lesson, 2 AV programs cannot operate in the same machine peacefully. Each wants to go Rambo.

Where can I download this AVG key? Kaspersky out ni nja!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
mzeiya411
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:43:27 AM

You can use avast, awesome protection and is lite on system resources and best of all is free
Money Whisperer
#27 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 4:18:16 PM

have symantec on my desktop and kaspersky on my laptop. both good. I've also noticed that kaspersky warns of a threat and quarantines without clearing.
"Money never sleeps"