wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Anti-Virus
Chief Guest
#1 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 7:53:06 PM

Someone advise me on the best virus scanner to buy. The most effective one.
Illmatic
Rankaz13
#2 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 7:56:48 PM

If you can lay your hands on Kaspersky for Windows Workstations, go right ahead. Been using it since 2009, never failed me. Most recent is Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Chief Guest
#3 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 8:09:35 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
If you can lay your hands on Kaspersky for Windows Workstations, go right ahead. Been using it since 2009, never failed me. Most recent is Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows.

Thnx. By the way i was doin some rounds chekin em out and comparing prizes. Why is Norton cheap? A 3-User PC Security goes at 1,350/-...
Illmatic
Rankaz13
#4 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 8:27:57 PM

Chief Guest wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:

Thnx. By the way i was doin some rounds chekin em out and comparing prizes. Why is Norton cheap? A 3-User PC Security goes at 1,350/-...

I wouldn't know that. That Kaspersky for Windows Workstations is multi-user, often being used for as many as 50-70 computers e.g. in an office complex. It can also be deployed at the server level.

Back when I began using it, everybody discouraged me from using it for reasons that were really not technical at all. All those who didn't want it have had to format their machines at one time or another after falling prey to viruses and all sorts of malicious programs.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Chief Guest
#5 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 8:36:48 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
Chief Guest wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:

I wouldn't know that. That Kaspersky for Windows Workstations is multi-user, often being used for as many as 50-70 computers e.g. in an office complex. It can also be deployed at the server level.

Back when I began using it, everybody discouraged me from using it for reasons that were really not technical at all. All those who didn't want it have had to format their machines at one time or another after falling prey to viruses and all sorts of malicious programs.

Word man. I think I'll go get it.
Illmatic
Chief Guest
#6 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 8:41:21 PM

Chief Guest wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
Chief Guest wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:

Word man. I think I'll go get it.

I have a notebook & a tower pro and they are dragging like hell. I think if i go one nore day al be doomed!
Illmatic
akowally
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:30:32 AM

Chief Guest wrote:

Go for Norton or ESET antiviruses. They are super-powerful and they work on the background, you never even notice they are there. Kaspersky is deemed to be the best but can slow your PC to stone-age.
JOIN MY FREE MINI-COURSE FOR WRITERS. CLICK HERE
Gordon Gekko
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:39:59 AM

Never had a problem with AVG. And it's free.....
quicksand
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:51:10 AM

akowally wrote:
Chief Guest wrote:

Go for Norton or ESET antiviruses. They are super-powerful and they work on the background, you never even notice they are there. Kaspersky is deemed to be the best but can slow your PC to stone-age.

Applause Applause Applause
ESET. Fast. Unobtrusive.
Unless your PC has about 4 to 8GB of RAM installed and disks which are part-flash, you will have speed problems with Kaspersky, just as advised above.
Chief Guest
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:39:03 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:

Avira is free too. Yes?
Illmatic
Swenani
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:52:17 AM

Bought Kaspersky internet security for 3 user and i have never regretted.

If you do internet banking then try it and report back
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
murenj
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:36:05 AM

Chief Guest wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:

Avira is free too. Yes?

for personal use, many free antivirus programmes will do just fine. If you use the internet to transact bussiness, then you need a paid up product. Allow me to add a nother free antivirus product with exellent detection and removal rates.
1). Adaware antivirus
2). Bitdeffender free antivirus
3). Panda cloud antivirus free
panomaz
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:54:14 AM

murenj wrote:
Chief Guest wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:

Avira is free too. Yes?

for personal use, many free antivirus programmes will do just fine. If you use the internet to transact bussiness, then you need a paid up product. Allow me to add a nother free antivirus product with exellent detection and removal rates.
1). Adaware antivirus
2). Bitdeffender free antivirus
3). Panda cloud antivirus free

4. Avast ( I have used for the last 3 years, very good)
Don't limit your challenges, but challenge your limits
iller
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:13:16 PM

I have used Norton, Kaspersky, AVG and Eset. AVG wins hands down. Compared to Norton and Kaspersky, it was lighter for the computer. Kaspersky was the worst, it really slowed down PC's and it really never cleared threats. Go for AVG free edition
Swenani
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:30:05 PM

iller wrote:
I have used Norton, Kaspersky, AVG and Eset. AVG wins hands down. Compared to Norton and Kaspersky, it was lighter for the computer. Kaspersky was the worst, it really slowed down PC's and it really never cleared threats. Go for AVG free edition

Because its lighter for your computer doesnt mean that its the best...Did you try to upgrade you computer to Core i5?
The fact that your computer has been slowed down means that the antivirus is running many security modules and checks in the background thus increasing your safety.

I dont know which Kaspersky you were using that didnt clear any threats but kaspersky is one of the best antivirus in the market
Swenani
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:32:26 PM

akowally wrote:
Chief Guest wrote:

I have core i5 and with kaspersky and its superfast
nakujua
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:16:41 PM

weka linux or just invest in a mac
InnovateGuy
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:35:00 PM

Chief Guest wrote:

If your computer is just for personal use, AVG wins hands down.
- It will not slow down your machine
- You can get if for free
- You will be protected from all kinds of security threats
Live Full Die Empty - Les Brown.
Phaoro
#19 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:51:53 PM

Chief Guest wrote:

The best way to spend your money is to buy Antivirus suite product such as Norton 360, Kaspersky PURE total security, McAfee total protection. With a suite product you get more security features.

-Antivirus
-Firewall
-Phishing protection
-Spam protection
-Behavioral detection
-Identity theft protection
-File reputation analysis
-System performance analysis tools
qooler
#20 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:25:12 PM

Chief Guest wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:

Kaspersky is resource intensive. Am fyne with ESET