wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

What kind of employee are you?
#1 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 9:53:15 AM

I have studied the job market for a while now mostly in Kenya but not limited to Kenya. I've mainly concentrated this study on the high intensity field of communication & marketing but I've looked at other industries too.

Disclaimer: I'm not a professional researcher or psychologist but a businessman with an opinion and one looking to make better informed recruitments after being disappointed by rosy CVs that end up in disappointing employees.

So I found there are mainly 4 categories of employees in any organization:

Politician: These are the people who the employer wishes could go away but they never do. They never get any job done on time and frustrate the processes put in place. They do a lot of talking and their way is the best by them. Most of them have been on the job for long and are expensive to get rid of. Most employers also fear the legal litigation implications of firing them so the wait for them to retire or frustrate them to resign which will never happen as the employee knows he/she is not marketable. The good thing is that you can ignore them since no one takes them seriously.

People pleaser: These are indecisive people who think by pleasing others they gain marks of being good reliable employees. They are underachievers and underperform and eventually end up dropping all the balls. Most of these employees are in the wrong jobs and operate on fear. This is a dangerous employee to have.

Worker: This is a person who works hard hardly getting any recognition initially but the organization can't do without. They get a lot achieved on the background while the politicians take credit. They are not bothered by politics and other things because their passion allows them to overlook unimportant things like those. These people either progress to great heights or stagnate as they are overworked and never find time to improve on their skills.

Complainer: These were initially hard workers who become demotivated and lazy. Most of them become demotivated after learning that their colleagues are earning way over them or they have difficult to please bosses who are never grateful. Most of these people have no personal goals set or their goals have not been able to achieve the ones they've set. They'll complain about anyone giving them a job and you become a bad boss to them when you question their quality of work. This person continues on like that despite boss or employer change. This person is also dangerous to the org as they pull and bring others down emotionally. They are morale drainers.

Anyway, this are my personal opinion after long observations and all these behaviors can be changed as they are all in the mind.

BBI will solve it
:)
Mukiri
#2 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 10:17:59 AM

Having undertaken research, can you identify which Wazuan is which?

Proverbs 19:21
webish
#3 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 4:39:04 PM

Hmmm. Very interesting.

I just learnt, from your list, which type I am. smile

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Swenani
#4 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 4:54:17 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Having undertaken research, can you identify which Wazuan is which?

@Mukiri, I think you are a complainerd'oh!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?