wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Best Bank to open a Company A/c with
lexx
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:11:36 PM

Hello fellow wazuans. I would love your input on which bank would be the best to open a Company A/c with in terms of:
Low maintenance &/ Operating charges
Customer service
Adequate branches
Gathige
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:18:17 PM

lexx wrote:
Hello fellow wazuans. I would love your input on which bank would be the best to open a Company A/c with in terms of:
Customer service
Adequate branches

@lexx, It sounds like you want a Toyota Range Rover Sport. Low cost, superb customer service and a wide branch network!
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
bird_man
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:35:35 PM

lexx wrote:
Customer service
Adequate branches

Low fees-Equity,KCB,Coop
Adequate branches-Equity,KCB,Coop
Customer Service-I&M etc...

In short....you are unlikely to find all the above in 1 bank.So decide what is of priority to you & your business.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
lexx
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:54:08 PM

Thank you for your reply

Can I get sample quotes for several banks in respect to minimum threshold and other charges. that would help me make a fair decision. My business is a small start up and these costs at the moment is a concern. For the purposes of the future I am looking for a balance of all those factors.
nakujua
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:14:24 PM

lexx wrote:
Thank you for your reply

Can I get sample quotes for several banks in respect to minimum threshold and other charges. that would help me make a fair decision. My business is a small start up and these costs at the moment is a concern. For the purposes of the future I am looking for a balance of all those factors.

If you are worried about costs then open an account at equity ama family bank, you will only be charged for transactions.
Bigchick
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:43:17 PM

bird_man wrote:
lexx wrote:
Customer service
Adequate branches

Low fees-Equity,KCB,Coop

In short....you are unlikely to find all the above in 1 bank.So decide what is of priority to you & your business.

Diamond Trust Bank and Chase Bank are also doing fine.Kwanza Chase bank has expanded its branch network and their Customer service is close to superb.

Try them.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
lexx
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:26:09 PM

Bigchick wrote:
bird_man wrote:
lexx wrote:
Customer service
Adequate branches

Low fees-Equity,KCB,Coop

Diamond Trust Bank and Chase Bank are also doing fine.Kwanza Chase bank has expanded its branch network and their Customer service is close to superb.

Try them.

I shall look into them. I highly value your comments
alma
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:27:32 PM

try chase bank. I can vouch for their customer service. They are extremely human and impunity could stay at their lounge the whole day.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
Mukiri
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:23:36 PM

Genghis staff? Genghis=Chase bank

Proverbs 19:21
kollabo
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:42:01 PM

Dont go to I&M if you have only a passport. They'll send you away
Wendz
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:46:14 PM

kollabo wrote:

Equity too unless they've changed.
wazuaguest
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:57:22 PM

Wendz wrote:
kollabo wrote:

Equity too unless they've changed.

all pp should quote the id number.picture this I go to bank/branch A and get a loan with my PP and default how Will bank/branch B know if i use my id to request a loan from them?
Africa belongs to Africans.
sparkly
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:10:58 AM

lexx wrote:
Customer service
Adequate branches

I have banked with Co-op, CFC and KCB. My experience is as follows.

Co-op was low maintenance and creative with IT products. Drawback is limited products range eg you couldn't get a cheap chequing account.

CFC efficient but expensive and obscure products. They sell you a 500 Sh fixed charge account but you find some funny unexplained charges at the end of the month.

KCB to be honest my expections for this bank were very low. I only opened an account there because i was going on a regional secondment. My salary was paid in Nairobi but i could access it throughout EA in Dollars or KShs. I could also use the mobile banking from wherever.

Turns out that KCB has a KShs 50 monthly maintenance business account. Their Customer care centre is efficient, i just call and get all info i need on my account. For KShs 1000 per month you join Biashara club for VIP treatment, Quartely one day business seminars: local, regional and international. Branch and ATM network is widest including in the major malls.

To be honest KCB has exceeded my expectations and i recommend it.
Life is short. Live passionately.
kryptonite
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:07:14 AM

sparkly wrote:
lexx wrote:
Customer service
Adequate branches

I have banked with Co-op, CFC and KCB. My experience is as follows.

Co-op was low maintenance and creative with IT products. Drawback is limited products range eg you couldn't get a cheap chequing account.

CFC efficient but expensive and obscure products. They sell you a 500 Sh fixed charge account but you find some funny unexplained charges at the end of the month.

KCB to be honest my expections for this bank were very low. I only opened an account there because i was going on a regional secondment. My salary was paid in Nairobi but i could access it throughout EA in Dollars or KShs. I could also use the mobile banking from wherever.

Turns out that KCB has a KShs 50 monthly maintenance business account. Their Customer care centre is efficient, i just call and get all info i need on my account. For KShs 1000 per month you join Biashara club for VIP treatment, Quartely one day business seminars: local, regional and international. Branch and ATM network is widest including in the major malls.

To be honest KCB has exceeded my expectations and i recommend it.

For real? I've always dismissed KCB. Might consider it for an alternative account. Thanks @Sparkly

The harder you work, the luckier you get