wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages<12345>»
Subaru owners stop buying River Road parts...
ZILLION
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:52:33 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
mkeiyd wrote:
jamplu wrote:
the impreza 1500cc accelerates like a bus but still gets from point A to B and can still comfortably do 130km/h. At the end of day it comes down to preference its all combustion engine anyway and some mabati and plastics to cover it.

Something a Vitz does without coughing.

Subaru the car,GOOD.

Subaru drivers/owners on Kenyan roads,AVERAGE.

What's the point of buying a car because it can do 300km/h when you can't handle 160km/h?

Bottom line, kila nyani na starehe zake. Those who own Vitz,don't hate on Vx,owners of Subaru, don't hate on Toyotas.

Happy driving.

Why is it that Subaru owners are always craving for attention? How come this peculiar behavior is only limited to them and we never hear such from BMW owners, Merc owners, VW golf owners, Range rover, Premio, xtrail, Rav4 etc etc?

Does this include the Gorvernment?? the police bought the whole subaru family ie imprezas,Foresters and outbacks.
nakujua
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:23:25 PM

TAZ wrote:
@ Quicksand.....I totally agree, kila nyani na starehe zake no need to hate on your fellow drivers kwa bara bara ati juu ako na Subaru na wewe uko na BMW, Range, Premio ama Vitz. If you find yourself trying to overtake a Subaru just to prove a point then uko na complex issues. Gari ni kama Simu ama Nguo it all depends on your taste and what you are comfortable with.

Btw @Nakujua, last time i checked the Subaru World Rally Team withdrew from the World Rally Championship in 2009, walirudi lini?

was getting statistics starting 1954, just to show the dominance or lack thereof over time, for the various car manufactures who have participated in the wrc.

but I agree with you, one should get a car they can afford and are comfortable with.
bird_man
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:36:59 PM

This is one shenz type debate.We cant all have Subarus or Toyos or BMWs....kila nyani na starehe zake.
Some look at size,others speed,stability,color,resale value,sound,ability to sup up,fuel consumption.....some even walk or jav.
Surely all these cannot be found in one car. Stick to your lane...no need for hating or generalizing on Subaru drivers.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
lexx
#44 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:39:56 PM

bird_man wrote:
This is one shenz type debate.We cant all have Subarus or Toyos or BMWs....kila nyani na starehe zake.
Some look at size,others speed,stability,color,resale value,sound,ability to sup up,fuel consumption.....some even walk or jav.
Surely all these cannot be found in one car. Stick to your lane...no need for hating or generalizing on Subaru drivers.

nuff seid!!
AlphDoti
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:23:53 PM

Enough about bashing each other. As @quicksand said, this was just a thread that was meant for Subaru owners to comment as per the title of the thread.

Why buy cheap? I thought you bought the car with knowledge of its cost of running? Buying cheap risks encouraging petty thieves who will come to steal your grills, your mirrors.
nakujua
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:37:21 PM

bird_man wrote:

you call a debate shenzi type then proceed to contribute
Aguytrying
#47 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 12:01:41 PM

Subaru owners are getting too much heat bana. They love their cars full stop. that over enthusiasm display can offend others, blame fuji industries for making cars that generate that kind of love. I think the subaru owners are the victims here always getting bad rep, even the silent outbacks.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
AlphDoti
#48 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 12:08:05 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
Subaru owners are getting too much heat bana. They love their cars full stop. that over enthusiasm display can offend others, blame fuji industries for making cars that generate that kind of love. I think the subaru owners are the victims here always getting bad rep, even the silent outbacks.

What is it that make them want to buy another grill? Is it that other cars do not need to replace their grill? Is it that other car type owners are more careful and rarely "knock" their cars, hence the low demand for their parts? Or is it that the other car type owners buy new, hence no market for the petty thieves?

Maswali nyeti.
bird_man
#49 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 2:24:57 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

What is it that make them want to buy another grill? Is it that other cars do not need to replace their grill? Is it that other car type owners are more careful and rarely "knock" their cars, hence the low demand for their parts? Or is it that the other car type owners buy new, hence no market for the petty thieves?

Maswali nyeti.

I think each car has its "thief attracting" parts.
Subaru-Grill
Wish-side mirrors
Nissan B15 or is it B12-lights
Merc-The Merc badge etc etc.

Very strange though.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
AlphDoti
#50 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 2:34:06 PM

bird_man wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Maswali nyeti.

I think each car has its "thief attracting" parts.
Subaru-Grill
Wish-side mirrors
Nissan B15 or is it B12-lights
Merc-The Merc badge etc etc.

Very strange though.

Yeah, let me ask inocently and differently: so a thief is attracted to that part, it means somebody is buying. Now the question is, what is wrong with the original part that camewith the car? Did the car come without it? Of course no.
So, are the other-car-type owners more careful and rarely "knock" their cars, hence no need to buy another or they buy new and avoid "stolen" ones?
bird_man
#51 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 3:10:45 PM

@AlphDoti....I think they are stolen because those particular parts in those cars are easy to pluck off.That is the only reason....it is not that market is more or that some drivers are more "careless".

Market is created once they are stolen....If you steal 10 grills....you now have about 7 customers.The other 3 or so will go for brand new.
nakujua
#52 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 4:48:12 PM

bird_man wrote:
@AlphDoti....I think they are stolen because those particular parts in those cars are easy to pluck off.That is the only reason....it is not that market is more or that some drivers are more "careless".

Market is created once they are stolen....If you steal 10 grills....you now have about 7 customers.The other 3 or so will go for brand new.

tend to agree with @Alpha, why the specific models, why not say the mazda demio or the nissan note or the peugeots, or the lancers
jaggernaut
#53 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 4:48:15 PM

The forester looks quite tough off road....a real 4x4....

nakujua
#54 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 4:59:49 PM

nice
jaggernaut
#55 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 5:00:09 PM