wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages123>»
Subaru owners stop buying River Road parts...
AlphDoti
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:41:38 AM

Now they are plucking off the front grill?
You know why, right? Because they now have a market, Subaru owners are now buying second-hand (90% stolen from other owners)!!!

I'm not trying to sound harsh, but why buy a car and you cannot maintain it? Go to the dealer and buy new, to stop this manace.

Congratulation to my fellow Honda owners.
So far we try and buy new from the dealers.
That's why we still have peace of mind, nobogy is targetting Hondas yet.

Please, remember when you got to River road, that's vicious cycle. Resist the temptation.

jaggernaut
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:36:06 PM

Is there a way that part could be chained to the car....like they do to side mirrors? Ooh, i have seen the rivets.
bird_man
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:53:58 PM

Hehe @AlphDoti what is the price of such a part at Subaru Kenya Vs River Road?
Price matters...even for Subaru owners.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
tnai9
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:25:35 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
You know why, right? Because they now have a market, Subaru owners are now buying second-hand (90% stolen from other owners)!!!

I'm not trying to sound harsh, but why buy a car and you cannot maintain it? Go to the dealer and buy new, to stop this manace.

Please, remember when you got to River road, that's vicious cycle. Resist the temptation.

Talk of choices and consequences. This car is suddenly popular possibly because of its cost. Running costs are a different thing altogether. Never seen a time when had many imprezas like now!
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
quicksand
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:41:50 PM

tnai9 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

Talk of choices and consequences. This car is suddenly popular possibly because of its cost. Running costs are a different thing altogether. Never seen a time when had many imprezas like now!

Woefully underpowered the Imprezza (the 1500ish GG versions) ....Subaru ya less than 2000 cc ni ya kazi gani? No point of half-measures, just go the full fuel economy hog and get the Platz....If people are not buying the brand for its power and performance, what are they doing?
Anyhow, I am with @AlphDoti on this one - buy new and if its too expensive, that is why you have comprehensive insurance cover. Claim.
tnai9
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:16:12 PM

quicksand wrote:

Woefully underpowered the Imprezza (the 1500ish GG versions) ....Subaru ya less than 2000 cc ni ya kazi gani? No point of half-measures, just go the full fuel economy hog and get the Platz....If people are not buying the brand for its power and performance, what are they doing?
Anyhow, I am with @AlphDoti on this one - buy new and if its too expensive, that is why you have comprehensive insurance cover. Claim.

I beg to differ. Kila nyani na starehe zake! Because someone doesn't choose what you think is right doesn't necessarily make his choice wrong. It works for them.
2000cc is also not powerful!

What happens when you also have all the power and no road, or you drive on one where there is perennial traffic, or bumps and rumble strips every 200m or speed guns?
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
Swenani
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:33:49 PM

quicksand wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

You cannot compare a plaz 1500 or NZE 1500 cc with an impreza 1500cc.The later is powerful....compare oranges with oranges not oranges with coconuts
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
bird_man
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:38:55 PM

Swenani wrote:
quicksand wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

You cannot compare a plaz 1500 or NZE 1500 cc with an impreza 1500cc.The later is powerful....compare oranges with oranges not oranges with coconuts

Seconded!You cannot compare the speed & stability of a 1500cc Impreza with that of NZE 1500cc.The Impreza GG versions actually consume the same or even more than non-turbo 2000cc Subarus.
Its just that sometimes you want to spend 850K instead of 1.3M.Sometimes you are a bachelor & the only passenger you ever have is your girlfriend.So whats the need for a big car?
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
mthaka
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:46:19 PM

hata Subaru forester is at risk??
quicksand
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:47:07 PM

bird_man wrote:
Swenani wrote:
quicksand wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

Seconded!You cannot compare the speed & stability of a 1500cc Impreza with that of NZE 1500cc.The Impreza GG versions actually consume the same or even more than non-turbo 2000cc Subarus.
Its just that sometimes you want to spend 850K instead of 1.3M.Sometimes you are a bachelor & the only passenger you ever have is your girlfriend.So whats the need for a big car?

You have reinforced the point I wanted to make very well. If the fuel consumption of the 1500cc and 2000 cc is comparable, why get the 1500cc when the 2000cc delivers a better performance? Ever loaded the Imprezza GG with say 4 hefty adults and take on a hilly road to/from the shags? Then tried to overtake a tail of cars that has formed behind a slow moving lorry? Hair raising - the thing doesn't pick fast enough to overtake without undue worry - And why bother with a car you will need to replace when you convert your girlfriend into your wife and two young ones are brought forth? ...lazima kuangalia mbele kidogo, not just the needs for the next 6 months to 1 year ....Anyway, leaving out the mechanics of cost (its Subaru, any of the brands will cost), the best car is the one that does well in town as well as the occasional open road driving - with more than 2 passengers + bananas from the folks - and that is a 2000cc (or more) Subaru (or any other 2000cc - or more - car for that matter).
Ni hayo tu.
faa
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:55:16 PM

quicksand wrote:
bird_man wrote:
Swenani wrote:
quicksand wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

You have reinforced the point I wanted to make very well. If the fuel consumption of the 1500cc and 2000 cc is comparable, why get the 1500cc when the 2000cc delivers a better performance? Ever loaded the Imprezza GG with say 4 hefty adults and take on a hilly road to/from the shags? Then tried to overtake a tail of cars that has formed behind a slow moving lorry? Hair raising - the thing doesn't pick fast enough to overtake without undue worry - And why bother with a car you will need to replace when you convert your girlfriend into your wife and two young ones are brought forth? ...lazima kuangalia mbele kidogo, not just the needs for the next 6 months to 1 year ....Anyway, leaving out the mechanics of cost (its Subaru, any of the brands will cost), the best car is the one that does well in town as well as the occasional open road driving - with more than 2 passengers + bananas from the folks - and that is a 2000cc (or more) Subaru (or any other 2000cc - or more - car for that matter).
Ni hayo tu.

Nice analysis.

That the best car is the car that has over 2000cc .Gari ambayo haina aibu
synergia
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:38:12 PM

I saw this coming, met a guy at Japan Motors (Inda) trying to get a replacement for his stolen Forester grill, 21K msee. I helped him pick his jaw from the floor
bird_man
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:52:03 PM

faa wrote:
quicksand wrote:
bird_man wrote:
Swenani wrote:
quicksand wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

Ni hayo tu.

Nice analysis.

That the best car is the car that has over 2000cc .Gari ambayo haina aibu

Haha @quicksand...nice analysis I must admit...kinda true.
The 1500cc will save you 450-500K which you can buy a ka-plot somewhere or do partial payment for one.2yrs later it might buy you a 2000cc Sub as well as leave you with cash for a new ka-plot.You will also save on spare parts (think shocks,tyres etc) & insurance premiums.
Again...depending on where you work, your designation & your age...you might be inviting scrutiny for no reason.Lets just agree that 2000cc is better in mechanical terms & comfort...just that some guys dont wanna go Toyota.I guess it comes down to individuals & their lifestyles.
seppuku
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:09:42 PM

It is refreshing to see Kenyans beginning to appreciate alternative car makes besides Toyota. However, @AlphDoti is right. People need to stop buying stolen car parts. Because then every other car that soars in popularity will quickly fall prey to parts (and whole car) thieves. If the trend continues, tomorrow it will be the Mazda, then the Honda, then the VW... Mpaka Mercedes watu waanze kuweka nyororo.
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
AlphDoti
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:43:10 PM

seppuku wrote:
It is refreshing to see Kenyans beginning to appreciate alternative car makes besides Toyota. However, @AlphDoti is right. People need to stop buying stolen car parts. Because then every other car that soars in popularity will quickly fall prey to parts (and whole car) thieves. If the trend continues, tomorrow it will be the Mazda, then the Honda, then the VW... Mpaka Mercedes watu waanze kuweka nyororo.

@seppuku, that's true. Why would you buy a car if you cannot afford to maintain it?
bird_man wrote:
Hehe @AlphDoti what is the price of such a part at Subaru Kenya Vs River Road?
Price matters...even for Subaru owners.

@bird_man, Do you buy just because it is cheap? Theft menace does not bother you? The price is low because its source is very, very likely to be questionable.

NOTE: OF COURSE THERE ARE GENUINE SECOND HAND PARTS. BUT MAJORITY IS STOLEN FROM OTHER CARS. ESP THE VERY CHEAP ONES.
Money Whisperer
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:44:47 PM

heheheheeee and that is how the mighty Subaru was relegated from the premier league to Division F where it joined fully subscribed member of Div F our one and only Toyoda
"Money never sleeps"
Mukiri
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:58:51 PM

All these problems for what? Buy a bicycle and exercise your way everywhere! Emancipate yourself from 'mine-is-bigger-than-yours'

Proverbs 19:21
jamplu
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:27:09 PM

the impreza 1500cc accelerates like a bus but still gets from point A to B and can still comfortably do 130km/h. At the end of day it comes down to preference its all combustion engine anyway and some mabati and plastics to cover it.
mkeiyd
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:41:28 AM

jamplu wrote:
the impreza 1500cc accelerates like a bus but still gets from point A to B and can still comfortably do 130km/h. At the end of day it comes down to preference its all combustion engine anyway and some mabati and plastics to cover it.

Something a Vitz does without coughing.

Subaru the car,GOOD.

Subaru drivers/owners on Kenyan roads,AVERAGE.

What's the point of buying a car because it can do 300km/h when you can't handle 160km/h?

Bottom line, kila nyani na starehe zake. Those who own Vitz,don't hate on Vx,owners of Subaru, don't hate on Toyotas.

Happy driving.
XSK
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:55:44 AM

synergia wrote:
I saw this coming, met a guy at Japan Motors (Inda) trying to get a replacement for his stolen Forester grill, 21K msee. I helped him pick his jaw from the floor

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

How did u do that!! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!