Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Kenya Power new CEO
mawinder
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:11:33 AM

McReggae wrote:
King G wrote:
MKWASI wrote:
I would prefer the Uchumi guy....He was in Kenya Power before and so understands it...he is a proven guy for turning around institutions. He is also a sombre management guru. For the current acting MD, he is a HR guy, I do not expect him to do much for Kenya Power.(Current employees would be in a better position to comment on his ability though) However, given what politics is about...the Acting CEO has a strong bet of getting given that this is a URP portfolio.

ISORITE!!!!

Unforunately this will be the case, politics will determine who gets the job!!!

Yes,it seems this govt is only for 2 ethnic groups.Why cant they appoint the others?
Gathige
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:46:03 AM

Grip wrote:
Ciano from the "wrong tribe" will never get it! I can bet with anyone interested out there.

@Grip, i thoutgh he is Kenya? Ama he is a Ndebele from Shona land?
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
mawinder
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:05:42 PM

Gathige wrote:
Grip wrote:
Ciano from the "wrong tribe" will never get it! I can bet with anyone interested out there.

@Grip, i thoutgh he is Kenya? Ama he is a Ndebele from Shona land?

He is nyuba blood.
Siringi
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:33:41 PM

and he expects to deal with akina Ernest Nadome @KP

Nyundo chapa

Hapa as a shareholder i demand kirudiwo Kenya Power cannot afford monkey business...

meanwhile Chumo aendelee...

Why are most trade unionists Atwoli's cousins?from Nyanza and western?

Am wrote:
murchr wrote:
I hope thy pick Ciano, he once worked there b4 he was poached to stramline Uchumi

Why would he want to move. I know for a fact that he has so Much at Stake at Uchumi.

"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
Gordon Gekko
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:34:00 PM

King G wrote:
harrydre wrote:
urstill1 wrote:
harrydre wrote:
the shortlist is out..

Ciano (Uchumi CEO)
Chumo (Current acting CEO)
Muema (Former Partner KPMG)

who will it be?

The Muema guy is a gamble. I would not advocate for him given his exit fromKPMG.

mmmhh what cut?

Generally, at that high calibre level Consulting Gurus dont make good Executives more so in the corporate world. Advice and reality are Cousins not twins; unless a guy jumped ship early enough.

I agree that consulting heavyweights making a hash when confronted with real life. Who remembers that Coopers & Lybrand honcho who went to Unga as CEO and promptly drove it to the ditch?
Msa Liti
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:02:11 PM

King G wrote:
None, should be re-advertised! Thank God i jumped ship to KENGEN!

Agreed fully coz of the following:

Ciano - Although he is universally praised for Uchumi revival I feel he has missed the basics. I went to the Aga Khan walk branch and it is so disorganised. Stuff all over and staff nowhere. If he ignores the basics at KP and focuses on the bottom line, power costs will still be high.

Chumo - an insider who most likely has best friends there. For KP to be revived( yes, if it wasn't a monopoly it would be dead) drastic action is needed. Sackings, reshuffles and resizing are a must.Procurement is an issue. Goods are bought at exorbitant prices like in GoK itself. Out of Electricity sales of 45b, 21b went to operational costs. He can't hack this.

Muema - as many have said many private guys don't get the govt due to different environment.
Such fellows like to focus on visible deliverables like ISO certification and CSR. This is different from what KP needs
Obi 1 Kanobi
#27 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 12:08:58 PM

I hope Muema there is some joke
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins