wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages123>»
Ringera resigns.
oga.meno
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 3:29:00 AM

He is an agent of bad governance.
He was kept by executive for suspect purposes of cushioning graft.
At this pace kenya is going nowhere.
Najihurumia kuwa mkenya.

...the proverbial tortoise and hare...
oga.meno
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 3:39:00 AM

August hse refused to go on recess so as to tackle partinent issues. This is a plus.
I regret voting in kibaki in 2002.
I vividly recall him retorting 'zero tolerance to corruption' on a wheelchair. 2000 out of 2500 NYS recruits are from central kenya! Kweli kenya ina wenyewe.

Njunge
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 4:50:00 AM

Parliament should go ahead and exclude KACC's projected vote from this year's budget.........let Kibaki pay them from his pocket.......bure kabisa....!!

Old man about town....
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Fundaah
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:24:00 AM

Seconded.....He must Ngo.....something good has come from the dirty pigs.....Hope they do not want one of their own to get into the OFFICE OF PLENTY CASH (2.5m.P.M)......I desire to have saved atleast that amount by the time I complete my working years (30working years )......may be retire into civil service.....

Rules of the game here:

Before you post anything think.give facts only..It's a serious blog for serious people....Do not insult your brother....respect one another...Just be good....
It's good to live a honest life....life without guilt....

Jeremiah 17:11

As a partridge that hatches eggs which it has not laid,So is he who makes a fortune,but unjustly; In the midst of his days it will forsake him,And in the end he will be a fool.'

From the SK Anti-hate/anti- corruption campaigner..
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
stanokim
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:34:00 AM

people should work harder to earn just like Ringera. Kindly dont castigate him.... And Jesus said.... However doesnt have a sin,let him be the first to throw a stone..... and no one threw.
Kaigangio
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:49:00 AM

hi all,

Let us be practical ladies and gentlemen...Ringera fellow is not going anywhere...he has served 3/4 of the cabinet and at least 50% of the remaining pigs very well indeed and with a lot of dedication...the citizenry's whining is all but an irritating dungfly!!!! just you wait,another scandal or a political manouvre is being hatched. once cooked it will be served as a distraction and everybody will forget about our 'hardworking' no nonsense Ringela....kama kawaida.

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
McReggae
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 8:39:00 AM

The Ring-error debacle is simply saddenning,he should simply resign knowing very well that he has no public goodwill!!!!

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
jaheim
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 1:19:00 PM

I dont know what the president takes kenyans for. He said he is going to fight corruption,impunity and does exactly the opposite or does nothing at all at times. This is a joke re appointing ringera

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg
VituVingiSana
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 1:34:00 PM

Jameni,ring-error is here for the long-haul. kifaki's Zero Corruption pledge in pre-2002 was mis-quoted. It was Zero Corruption will not be tolerated...

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
McReggae
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 1:35:00 PM

The US has just joined the chorus by condemning the re-appointment asserting that Ring-erros has nothing to show for the 5 years in office!!!!

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Njunge
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 2:24:00 PM

VVS,

If i were Ring-error,i would not take this appointment simply because Kifaki says so.I would trust my conscience not to allow me earn from taxpayers for doing nothing.....Think about it.There are roughly 10M households in Kenya.To keep Ring-error going each month,he needs to rob 25 cents from each household,including the very wretched of northern Kenya.......HE SHOULD BE SHAMED.

Old man about town....
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Mr.Tea
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 2:35:00 PM

Allow me to play the devil's advocate on this one.....Ringera is being judged in the public court(mob justice) and that isn't fair.Firstly,trust you me managing public expectations and perception is neither an easy nor an enviable task. Secondly,the success of this job,I believe does not lie in the number of successful prosecutions KACC has accomplished for their mandate is to prevent,investigate and recommend for prosecution all corruption cases(big or small). So,while evaluating their job,you might also want to look at the whole justice system to arrive at fair and reasonable conclusions. IMHO,the justice system,as currently constituted,may be the biggest culprit here and a mere replacement of personalities is a case of treating the symptoms.Peni moja.

Patience Pays in Guaranteed Checks
Patience Pays In Guaranteed Checks.
Kaigangio
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 2:38:00 PM

@ guka,

ati ring-error a ngo!!! awache 2.5m per month??? that is not in african leader's blood...resigning is out...may be other ways...like i said the masters that he is serving cannot let him go...at least not now when they need him most.

...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
jaheim
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 3:18:00 PM

Yeah the US has joined inn,trust me it wont end there,he should be slapped with travel ban just like the rest until he quits or kibaki does away with him,Sanctions!

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg
oga.meno
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 3:18:00 PM

@njung'e...
You are the only sober gemaist on sk esp on 'our time to eat' philosophy.
Others are social cliques to the pot-bellied eaters.

Kaigangio
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 3:55:00 PM

yea @ oga-meno,and which part of the moon are you transmitting from??? just curious...

Kusadikika
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 4:46:00 PM

I wholly concur with you 'Mr. Tea'. First the controversy here is about Ringera earning 2.5 million shillings a month. Of all the MPs protesting there is not one saying that the head of KACC should not be earning so much only that Ringera should not be the one to earn it. I also do not think people realise just how 'powerless' KACC is. As it is constituted all KACC does is investigate and recommend prosecution. It has no power whatsoever to prosecute 'even a rat' as Atwoli would say. The power of prosecution lies solely with the Attorney General who is not under any obligation to accept the recommendations of KACC. If there has been a failure in the so called 'fight against corruption' you cannot accuse KACC without faulting the Attorney General,in fact strictly speaking it is only the Attorney General who has the powers to vet the performance of KACC since he is the recipient of their work. The public is not a consumer of KACC investigation reports and we would only get to hear corruption cases if they were prosecuted but since very few have we are not in position to know whether the failure is with KACC or the AG.
My personal feeling on this matter is that KACC as a body is totally irrelevant since corruption is a crime that could have been tackled within the existing structures of the office of the AG. They could have created a department within the AGs office to deal with specific corruption matters instead of creating this parallel body of overpaid people. I even suspect the failure to prosecute could be because of the envy and jealousy between the two institutions. I can imagine a lawyer in the AGs office who earns a fraction of what his counterpart in KACC earns despite being as qualified would not be too enthusiastic to pursue a case brought in by the latter.
I want the president to stand up with Ringera. The MPs to deny KACC money to run it and bring it to an end. To have a Macharia,Otieno,Mogaka,Rotich or Wafula earning 30 million shillings a year for nothing will not help us. I believe it is also somewhere in Ringera's contract that if he were to be fired now that he has been reappointed he would have to be paid the whole 150 million for his entire term!!!!

Weusi wa nywele za mshtakiwa zaonyesha ujinga alio nao
mv ufanisi
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 5:43:00 PM

It would be much preferable if someone more action/result oriented took over this post - a Mr Michuki and fully involved the public in the prosecuting process and maintained the debate on corruption going on in the public.
We should have a corruption meter to track the level of corruption going on and a much better reporting system. And especially in the area of tenders where most of the corruption takes place,Government should be mandated to advertise the winning tender including the prices. So that we don't have things like the VP House needing 3 million for commissioning,checking and wiring a generator that's already been bought. As long as figures stay hidden corruption will continue to thrive beyond Kibaki & Raila presidencies.
The biggest problem is that corruption is now so entrenched in the Kenyan culture that it's almost an impossible problem to solve. From the mwananchi,all the way to Vigilance house.
For most Kenyans even your parents and relatives would pressure you into corruption if you got appointed into a big post. A complete overhaul is needed,beginning with the smiling AG through the politicians,civil servants,businesspeople,down to all our kids learning how to play by the rules in a fair game and winning clean. So that Kenyans can learn to say NO to corruption even to their own parents,children,tribesmen,drinking friends etc.

If this doesn't happen,the actors might change but the game will continue.
jaheim
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:09:00 PM

I think the AG is a major culprit in cushioning impunity,he manipulates the law to shield certain individuals. So AG and Ringera should all Go!!!

jaheim
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:13:00 PM

One more thing we have alot of candidates who can do the damn job! to start with AG,i think PLO Patrick Lumumba can occupy that seat among others!