wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<34567>
The Car infront is Always. . .Tyranny of the TOYOTA
Edyj
#81 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 8:06:40 AM

While on Toyotas, I am looking at importing a second hand Toyota Prius Hybrid. any wazuan with experience on this car. my concern is the electronics on the car which may not suit my occassional village trips, but am in love iwth the fuel consumption
"The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score". - Bill Copeland

webish
#82 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 12:16:23 PM

Edyj wrote:
While on Toyotas, I am looking at importing a second hand Toyota Prius Hybrid. any wazuan with experience on this car. my concern is the electronics on the car which may not suit my occassional village trips, but am in love iwth the fuel consumption

Please elaborate..

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Edyj
#83 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 12:59:16 PM

webish wrote:
Edyj wrote:

Please elaborate..

Whats the car's performance on dusty/Rough roads?
"The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score". - Bill Copeland

Tokyo
#84 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 1:46:47 PM

Edyj wrote:
webish wrote:
Edyj wrote:

Please elaborate..

Not recommended
work to prosper
Edyj
#85 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 1:58:27 PM

Tokyo wrote:
Edyj wrote:
webish wrote:
Edyj wrote:

Please elaborate..

Not recommended

@Tokyo, thanks for the info, is there any other reason why you would not recommend the car apart from that its alergic to dusty/rough road trips. i could have the car for my within town errands/work. With its fuel efficiency the car is still not popular in Kenyan roads.

CLK
#86 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 2:53:19 PM

Edyj wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Edyj wrote:
webish wrote:
Edyj wrote:

Please elaborate..

Not recommended

@Tokyo, thanks for the info, is there any other reason why you would not recommend the car apart from that its alergic to dusty/rough road trips. i could have the car for my within town errands/work. With its fuel efficiency the car is still not popular in Kenyan roads.

Friend has a KBK, thinking he has had it for like3-4 years, nothing major except once ilikuwa inazimika ovyo, he googled a solution fo rit and it works fine, however car has to be used often, sio gari ya kuweka parking, so when you go to shagz give it to someone to use it or else shida ya batteries...
Edyj
#87 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 4:11:03 PM

CLK wrote:
Edyj wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Edyj wrote:
webish wrote:
Edyj wrote:

Please elaborate..

Not recommended

Friend has a KBK, thinking he has had it for like3-4 years, nothing major except once ilikuwa inazimika ovyo, he googled a solution fo rit and it works fine, however car has to be used often, sio gari ya kuweka parking, so when you go to shagz give it to someone to use it or else shida ya batteries...

@CLK Thanks

simonkabz
#88 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:41:21 PM

Edyj wrote:

Don't try. ALL the priuses I know have their engines changed.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
theman192000
#89 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:57:26 PM

CLK wrote:
Siringi wrote:
@MC point is 90% of the cars Infront that cause jam will be serviced by Onyi and Ouma at the service station at costs within those ranges +- from the Allion/Premio Mark II , X , Korobois Ist, Vitz, Cami Runx/Allex , Rush,
The Sibuor VX can go queue @Toyota (k)

But my mboys kina Wambua and Anwar At the Garage do Kluger / Harrier Lexus RaV 4 etc
And the bills add or take cannot buy decent drinks at the local.

Not sure about the alphard lakini ya Noah Isis ipsum hiace nayua

Nataka kuona hapa bills za Eluopean aka Germany cars

Hapana kubali kugongwaShame on you

Plugs KES 6000 every 15000km i think
Pads KES 6500 depends on driving mine still ok at over 10000km
Oil Synthetic 3000 recommended every 10000km do mine at 7000km
Filter KES 2000 10000km but do mine at 7000km
labour ya Mwaniki is 1500-2000 bob

above rates are when i go the roadside way.

otherwise nikienda CMC kwa counter

plugs 13k
pads 11k
oil 8k
filter 5k (not sure)
not sure about labour but najua gari yako ikiingia hapo na kutoka ni kama 10k

najua kuna mtu atarusha mawe, but i took my car to toyota Kenya once for a major service, parted with a clean 27k and no plugs or pads were changed, later bought brake pads at 14k za mbele, and the day they stole my side mirror, i wanted not to support the business of stolen side mirrors, bought a new one at 12k.

You understand why i will opt for a German car any day?? of course comparing oranges to oranges not VW polo to Toyota VX as McDoba said..

Labour at CMC is 5K plus VAT per hour. No discount available as it part of the union's CBA. Otherwise you can get discounts of up to 35% on parts if you ask. They also have an annual sale on parts just like Tile and Carpet.
Siringi
#90 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 6:07:28 PM

Good feedback
wapi watu wa Subaru, Mitsubishi,Honda, Volvo, BMW Mercedes etc
411 iko sale nimeona watu ya Subaru give us figures
hiyo ya CMC inaenda Jersey account - dubious accounting to imagine how poor the share was performing before suspension

theman192000 wrote:
CLK wrote:
Siringi wrote:
@MC point is 90% of the cars Infront that cause jam will be serviced by Onyi and Ouma at the service station at costs within those ranges +- from the Allion/Premio Mark II , X , Korobois Ist, Vitz, Cami Runx/Allex , Rush,

But my mboys kina Wambua and Anwar At the Garage do Kluger / Harrier Lexus RaV 4 etc

plugs 13k
pads 11k
oil 8k
filter 5k (not sure)

najua kuna mtu atarusha mawe, but i took my car to toyota Kenya once for a major service, parted with a clean 27k and no plugs or pads were changed, later bought brake pads at 14k za mbele, and the day they stole my side mirror, i wanted not to support the business of stolen side mirrors, bought a new one at 12k.

You understand why i will opt for a German car any day?? of course comparing oranges to oranges not VW polo to Toyota VX as McDoba said..

Labour at CMC is 5K plus VAT per hour. No discount available as it part of the union's CBA. Otherwise you can get discounts of up to 35% on parts if you ask. They also have an annual sale on parts just like Tile and Carpet.

"πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
Siringi
#91 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 7:43:29 PM

Was the Toyota Hilux the toughest pickup on our roads?
Would like to see how the Ford Ranger would hold if abused like this hilux in Mwingi- wapi kalonzo

"πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
simonkabz
#92 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 7:53:26 PM

Siringi wrote:
Would like to see how the Ford Ranger would hold if abused like this hilux in Mwingi- wapi kalonzo

Ibebe miraa 1 week bila shida niamini.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Rankaz13
#93 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 9:23:08 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Siringi wrote:

They tried DMax and retreated. In days gone by, the hilux as sold by toyota Kenya would be modified to increase air intake as well as toughen the suspension. Dunno if they still do it though.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
butterflyke
#94 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 7:27:22 AM

webish wrote:
Edyj wrote:

Please elaborate..

smile
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Siringi
#95 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:18:47 AM

Yaani nyamna hii, Meru is Toyota Country

simonkabz wrote:
Siringi wrote:
Would like to see how the Ford Ranger would hold if abused like this

masukuma
#96 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:25:46 AM

Siringi wrote:

the guys on Top Gear tried "killing the toyota hilux" in one of their episodes
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Rankaz13
#97 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:56:59 AM

Edyj wrote:

In one of petrolhead Baraza's reviews, he advised that if one has to import a Prius, they better import the Japanese mechanic too. There must be a reason the local toyota franchise doesn't stock it - after sales service. I know a guy who has one. Securing parts is never an easy task.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
mawinder
#98 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 9:12:11 AM

Siringi wrote:
Yaani nyamna hii, Meru is Toyota Country

simonkabz wrote:
Siringi wrote:
Would like to see how the Ford Ranger would hold if abused like this

It was called boiler.The pickups still ply Iten Kapsowar route and some parts of RiftValley.
Rankaz13
#99 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 9:45:23 AM

masukuma wrote:
Siringi wrote:

the guys on Top Gear tried "killing the toyota hilux" in one of their episodes

That's criminal, damn! To its credit, it held on.
bubethi
#100 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 11:16:05 AM

CLK wrote:
Siringi wrote:

plugs 13k
pads 11k
oil 8k
filter 5k (not sure)

@CLK Tafadhali send me Mwaniki's contacts, I got 2.0 FSI and would like to try a different mechanic on it. Its breather valve was torn making it produce a whistling sound for a long period and the mechanic I am used do could not spot it till I took it to CMC. Sad

My contacts bubethi(at)yahoo.co.uk