wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<12345>»
The Car infront is Always. . .Tyranny of the TOYOTA
Tokyo
#41 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:07:29 AM

simonkabz wrote:
All this hype of German cars doesn't mean Toyos are bad at all. I have seen grown ass men crying in their stalled German Junks. When the car is well beaten, kilio kila saa. RELIABILITY guides me. Some guys decided to beat the tyranny of Hiaces with some european models, sijui LDV. A few months down the road they were crying in the toilet. Some of the most beaten up vehicles on our roads are Toyotas n Isuzu....made to go on n on n on. Ukweli usemwe. Most trusted vehicles in Kenya-

Isuzu TX, FVR, FVZ, CXZ for heavy duty. ..read mchanga, building materials etc...Japanese

Isuzu NPR, NQR, NKR, FRR city transport. Japanese.

Hilux. ..most Hardy pickup. They last a lifetime esp the older ones. Some guys tried to ferry miraa in other models. ....couldn't withstand the torture. Hilux baba yao. Japanese.

Canter, HD, FH. ...king of farm produce, general utility for most companies, even wazungu buy them. Japanese.

UD buses-Ultimate Dependability. Most of the buses u find stalled on the highways are Scanias.

Corollas go on and on, like forever. This is indisputable. They clock unbelievable mileage as taxis.

Landcruiser family. ....far more reliable n dependable than the Landrover family. Seen those rebels fighting in bushes? LCruiser Pickups are their vehicle of choice. Simple, everlasting.

IMO, Japan wins hands down.

I trust Jap models most, chinese least~but quickly catching up.. European. ....select models only.

Prius - the world leading Eco car
work to prosper
CLK
#42 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:12:58 AM

mkenyan wrote:
Edyj wrote:
CLK wrote:
kamundu wrote:
For me, a car is not an asset. Hence for now i drive a car I can easily maintain and dispose off. That for me is a Toyota or maybe a Nissan. I have had two corollas, and these cars are unbreakable.
However, once I am financially stable, have my own business, have kidogo investments, and live in my own house, i will let my investments buy me my luxuries. A german car may come that time. Right now I spend 500k max on a used car.
Too many of my young colleagues are living beyond their means. I find serious german cars parked outside rented flats.

Drivers of this cars go to such places to pay rent, they do not live there, lol..

@CLK you have lost me here

the same way wets may go to 360 apartment and park his german car next to impunity's gifted mark x to pay impunity's rent if he did not own the houses.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
tnai9
#43 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:14:19 AM

bird_man wrote:

Reminds me of a dude who parks a 2000cc KBT Audi hapo bedsitter ya 15K.Wacheni watu wakule raha!

maybe hapo ni kwa mpango wa side!smile
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
jaggernaut
#44 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:23:43 AM

CLK wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
Was watching Top Gear a few days ago and was shocked at how they trashed the Range Rover Sport......they said it's a 'terrible car' that's only bought by 'brainless EPL footballers'.

They trashed the X6 some years back and said the range rover was better, i felt bad since i was a secret admirer of the X6, so now which car did they say is better than the Range?

One of the issues they had with the RR sport is that it's built on a Land Rover discovery chassis/frame unlike the Vogue which is 100% RR quality. They seemed to regard the Vogue very highly unlike the cheaper sibling, the Sport.
nostoppingthis
#45 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:29:39 AM

simonkabz wrote:
CLK wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
All this hype of German cars doesn't mean Toyos are bad at all. I have seen grown ass men crying in their stalled German Junks. When the car is well beaten, kilio kila saa. RELIABILITY guides me. Some guys decided to beat the tyranny of Hiaces with some european models, sijui LDV. A few months down the road they were crying in the toilet. Some of the most beaten up vehicles on our roads are Toyotas n Isuzu....made to go on n on n on. Ukweli usemwe. Most trusted vehicles in Kenya-

Isuzu TX, FVR, FVZ, CXZ for heavy duty. ..read mchanga, building materials etc...Japanese

Isuzu NPR, NQR, NKR, FRR city transport. Japanese.

Hilux. ..most Hardy pickup. They last a lifetime esp the older ones. Some guys tried to ferry miraa in other models. ....couldn't withstand the torture. Hilux baba yao. Japanese.

Canter, HD, FH. ...king of farm produce, general utility for most companies, even wazungu buy them. Japanese.

UD buses-Ultimate Dependability. Most of the buses u find stalled on the highways are Scanias.

Corollas go on and on, like forever. This is indisputable. They clock unbelievable mileage as taxis.

Landcruiser family. ....far more reliable n dependable than the Landrover family. Seen those rebels fighting in bushes? LCruiser Pickups are their vehicle of choice. Simple, everlasting.

IMO, Japan wins hands down.

I trust Jap models most, chinese least~but quickly catching up.. European. ....select models only.

We (atleast speaking for myself) have not said Toyotas are bad, we are simply saying they are overrated, and this is based on mostly myths about other car makes and models...

Hii ni kama ile argument ya tyranny of numbers at work places in Nairobi, if people from a given tribe/ethnic group for instance are the majority in work places in Nairobi, it will follow that they will be the majority in hospitals, morgues, prisons etc in Nairobi.
That said, how many 504s, very old are on the road? how many Mercs do you see on the roads, Volvos? and my all time favorite: The Beetle?
And how many toyotas do you see juu ya mawe?? probably they made use of them as scrap parts since the sisters and brothers were still on the road. Its about ratios here, and at times gari just like most things ni vile unaitunza, that said, i agree some cars ikiharibu kitu you cough a lot of money compared to a model whose parts are readily available at Grogon...

I see more european models kwa mawe than Toyos dear.

There is a 4.Sita house I see on stones for the past several months...wondering why he/she bought it!! Talk about living beyond your means...
Impunity
#46 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:40:40 AM

CLK wrote:
kamundu wrote:
For me, a car is not an asset. Hence for now i drive a car I can easily maintain and dispose off. That for me is a Toyota or maybe a Nissan. I have had two corollas, and these cars are unbreakable.
However, once I am financially stable, have my own business, have kidogo investments, and live in my own house, i will let my investments buy me my luxuries. A german car may come that time. Right now I spend 500k max on a used car.
Too many of my young colleagues are living beyond their means. I find serious german cars parked outside rented flats.

Drivers of this cars go to such places to pay rent, they do not live there, lol..

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

luttz
#47 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:07:12 AM

When you buy Toyota, you buy the name but not quality. How do you explain why somebody should pay close to 600k or more for Toyota Probox unless you want to use it for Transport Business? I have never bought a Toyota and am not buying one; I sell spare parts and I can confirm to you that so many Toyota parts are more expensive than European models. And why take 1M plus loan to buy a car when still renting? Madness!
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
Siringi
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:11:06 AM

Shame on you as to whether one should own or rent a house the jury is out there there are varying expert opinions.
There is this my guy who built a suburban massionete halafu ghafla bin vu all the kids are grown up and moved out (visiting once a year xmas) amebaki na bibi in a five bedroomed house! Lonely, Security and maintenance issues kibao .told mama wakahama to a two bedroomed rented apartment converted house to office.
Parks serious wheels there

there is a certain thread discussing owning vs renting cant remember how it ended

mkenyan wrote:
kamundu wrote:

what's wrong with renting a flat when you drive a serious car? wazuan fixation with owning the house you live in nairobi (if owning houses is the deal here then why not one in shags? or one in nairobi which you lo rent out) is just as weird as kenyans love for the toyota.

"πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
McReggae
#49 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:14:07 AM

Siringi wrote:
Shame on you as to whether one should own or rent a house the jury is out there there are varying expert opinions.
There is this my guy who built a suburban massionete halafu ghafla bin vu all the kids are grown up and moved out (visiting once a year xmas) amebaki na bibi in a five bedroomed house! Lonely, Security and maintenance issues kibao .told mama wakahama to a two bedroomed rented apartment converted house to office.

there is a certain thread discussing owning vs renting cant remember how it ended

mkenyan wrote:
kamundu wrote:

what's wrong with renting a flat when you drive a serious car? wazuan fixation with owning the house you live in nairobi (if owning houses is the deal here then why not one in shags? or one in nairobi which you lo rent out) is just as weird as kenyans love for the toyota.

Applause Applause Applause ....some people believe that people must follow their script!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
nostoppingthis
#50 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:17:45 AM

Impunity wrote:
CLK wrote:
kamundu wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Makofi from a Toyota owner...
poundfoolish
#51 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:30:21 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
Siringi wrote:
I will spare the prombox kwa sababu hiyo in punda.
Make this mistake of borrowing a 'friend's Allion or Premio, or fielder, Runx or Allex white in color heck add IST ,, vitz or wish, you drive to a function and park.
Several hours later the parking is full and you cannot identify the car you came with because they are all looking the same Kama punda AMA uniform ya Choir

True story

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly halafu kwa sababu sio gari yako, you barely know it's full registration. Wewe unajua tu ni KBM but hizo zingine hukumbuki Laughing out loudly

reminds me of a Jaduong' coming out of the club tipsy. Stands at the parking lot and stares shockingly at all the cars. Looks at his friend and wonders.
"Yawa! How do you identify your car here? They are all white white white white..."
Presses his Keys gets into his Range and drives off..
McReggae
#52 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:32:28 AM

poundfoolish wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
Siringi wrote:
I will spare the prombox kwa sababu hiyo in punda.
Make this mistake of borrowing a 'friend's Allion or Premio, or fielder, Runx or Allex white in color heck add IST ,, vitz or wish, you drive to a function and park.
Several hours later the parking is full and you cannot identify the car you came with because they are all looking the same Kama punda AMA uniform ya Choir

True story

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly halafu kwa sababu sio gari yako, you barely know it's full registration. Wewe unajua tu ni KBM but hizo zingine hukumbuki Laughing out loudly

reminds me of a Jaduong' coming out of the club tipsy. Stands at the parking lot and stares shockingly at all the cars. Looks at his friend and wonders.
"Yawa! How do you identify your car here? They are all white white white white..."
Presses his Keys gets into his Range and drives off..

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Siringi
#53 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:56:38 AM

Agreed.Top gear especiaaly the UK version are openly biased towards European cars.Sad

See what they score the VW golf volvo benz etc compared to cars from JapanShame on you Shame on you Shame on you

They annoyed me when they called the Honda CRV gari ya stay at home mothers for shopping and dropping kids to school kids soccer, drama etc! ! !

Aussies and Edmunds give fairer reviews.
I particularly like the comments and reviews of actual drivers (except Subarus)
Careful cause some people suffer from post purchase dissonance

mkenyan wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
Was watching Top Gear a few days ago and was shocked at how they trashed the Range Rover Sport......they said it's a 'terrible car' that's only bought by 'brainless EPL footballers'.

you realise top gear is not a serious motor review show? it is scripted and is "an entertainment programme, and should not be taken seriously."

"πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
simonkabz
#54 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:10:58 AM

Proud of my toys.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
commando
#55 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:01:17 PM

luttz wrote:
When you buy Toyota, you buy the name but not quality. How do you explain why somebody should pay close to 600k or more for Toyota Probox unless you want to use it for Transport Business? I have never bought a Toyota and am not buying one; I sell spare parts and I can confirm to you that so many Toyota parts are more expensive than European models. And why take 1M plus loan to buy a car when still renting? Madness!

This needs to be looked at in detail. How do bash a person renting a house in Nai-Langata- has a 5Br own house in Kitale and 100 Acres fertile land there. He owns several grade cows and farm machinery and other cars. He is employed in Nai on a five year contract and his company demands that for him to be given mileage(100K pm), he must buy a car through company facility(5yr loan, which ensures they have you for five years). What is wrong with this guy driving his prado(bought thro company loan) to a rented house in Akiba?
β€œI believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.”
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
butterflyke
#56 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:13:12 PM

CLK wrote:
kamundu wrote:

Laughing out loudly
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
rryyzz
#57 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:33:26 PM

commando wrote:
luttz wrote:

This needs to be looked at in detail. How do bash a person renting a house in Nai-Langata- has a 5Br own house in Kitale and 100 Acres fertile land there. He owns several grade cows and farm machinery and other cars. He is employed in Nai on a five year contract and his company demands that for him to be given mileage(100K pm), he must buy a car through company facility(5yr loan, which ensures they have you for five years). What is wrong with this guy driving his prado(bought thro company loan) to a rented house in Akiba?
Applause Applause Applause
Some people may have decided to go the commercial way,Instead of building/buying and living in it.They put up commercial building and lease them out, these earn you income into the future.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.... Leo Buscaglia
TAZ
#58 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:58:42 PM

McReggae wrote:
Siringi wrote:

mkenyan wrote:
kamundu wrote:

Applause Applause Applause ....some people believe that people must follow their script!!!

Applause

Totally agree!
luttz
#59 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:11:50 PM

@ Commando & rryyzz! How many people fall in that category?
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
commando
#60 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:27:00 PM

luttz wrote:
@ Commando & rryyzz! How many people fall in that category?

Someone may not need to exactly fit this script, but this is an example to a bigger picture. Take an example of taking a 9M mortgage where you pay 110K pm for 15 yrs(11.75 interest p.a) to own a 3BR in Kitengela. Some1 else will chose to buy a plot in Kitale and put up 6 rental units and make 60K pm, and chose to pay 25K rent p.m in Nai. I agree the people may not be too many, but the point is parking a serious car in a rented house is not always a stupid act.
β€œI believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.”
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.