Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Bathing Matters
tom_boy
#21 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:27:09 PM

Euge wrote:
african coloner wrote:
Euge wrote:
Is it possible to put an instant shower on a telephone shower? Educate me please.

No it is not possible but I can import for you a whole telephone shower with rail at a good price

Thanks Coloner. I have the telephone shower and was wondering if I can put an instant shower on it.

Yes you can. Just remove the telephone from the base where it connects to the mixer. Fix a regular metal pipe and do an instant shower stand that pours water into the tub. I have done it before.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
a4architect.com
#22 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 9:33:22 PM

GGK wrote:
He he, I like the bidetApplause

Where can I get the shower cubicles at reasonable price

try along kijabe street.
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
digitek1
#23 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 10:01:40 PM

ashut opp BAT
I may be wrong..but then I could be right
mmarto
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:12:19 AM

while on bathroom matters, i have heared of a system called something like constant pressure for the taps/showers. You see my first floor bathrooms have very low pressure. I wish to have water gush out from them at higher pressure. any ideas..
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
a4architect.com
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:07:05 AM

@mmarto. Pressure control can be done using the diameter of the pipes. Get a good plumber who knows how to play with the diameters to create the pressure effect.
Impunity
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:48:37 AM

GGK wrote:
He he, I like the bidetApplause

Where can I get the shower cubicles at reasonable price

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mmarto
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:51:25 AM

a4architect.com wrote:
@mmarto. Pressure control can be done using the diameter of the pipes. Get a good plumber who knows how to play with the diameters to create the pressure effect.

@ a4architect.com, thx. However plumbing was done kitambo before i took residency. The piping used is 3/4 inch. A mistake i must have made was to use the rectangular water tank instead of the cylindrical one. anyway i cannot change some of this now but was hoping to find a way of increasing pressure of my taps/shower.
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
limanika
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:56:22 AM

@mmarto – What type of mixers do you have? If you have installed those lever type mixers, these require high pressure.. achieved by installing an on-line water pump.
Again on constant pressure – I think you meant balanced pressure - this just means pressure of water in cold and hot water lines must be equal, for proportionate mixing at the mixer…
mmarto
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:14:04 AM

limanika wrote:
@mmarto – What type of mixers do you have? If you have installed those lever type mixers, these require high pressure.. achieved by installing an on-line water pump.
Again on constant pressure – I think you meant balanced pressure - this just means pressure of water in cold and hot water lines must be equal, for proportionate mixing at the mixer…

@limanika, i meant constant pressure. The issue is not the mixers coz pressure is not much from the naked pipe. I think the rectangular tank is the problem. i saw an article in the DN to do with constant pressure gadget starting at 3K. The article was written by a person working for Davis & Shirtliff
a4architect.com
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:19:27 AM

mmarto wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:

@ a4architect.com, thx. However plumbing was done kitambo before i took residency. The piping used is 3/4 inch. A mistake i must have made was to use the rectangular water tank instead of the cylindrical one. anyway i cannot change some of this now but was hoping to find a way of increasing pressure of my taps/shower.

@mmarto, an experienced plumber can change/alter pressure simply by replacing your entry/exit pipe sizes, not the whole plumbing works. With replacement at the exit of tank and entry of tap, this would do but only done by experienced professional plumbers who can play with the diameters to achieve this.
mmarto
#31 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:38:30 AM

a4architect.com wrote:
mmarto wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:

@mmarto, an experienced plumber can change/alter pressure simply by replacing your entry/exit pipe sizes, not the whole plumbing works. With replacement at the exit of tank and entry of tap, this would do but only done by experienced professional plumbers who can play with the diameters to achieve this.

@ a4architect.com, could you suggest such ones. I have brought in so many to assist but none has been able. naomba serikali ya wazua inisaidie tafadhali. martin dot mose at gmail
limanika
#32 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:52:01 AM

mmarto wrote:
limanika wrote:

@limanika, i meant constant pressure. The issue is not the mixers coz pressure is not much from the naked pipe. I think the rectangular tank is the problem. i saw an article in the DN to do with constant pressure gadget starting at 3K. The article was written by a person working for Davis & Shirtliff

OK, in that case, most likely the gentleman meant to say the pump is able to maintain constant pressure at discharge regardless of the flow rate. This jargon is no answer to your situation..
@A4architect has a point.. if mixer is not an issue then the answer to your problem lies with pipework sizing and tank type. Best of luck, hope you get a good plumber to sort out…
Dahatre
#33 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:27:48 PM

Continuing with a somewhat related issue, Can those of you with solar water heaters share your experience?

Cost?
Performance?
Reliability? especially in cold places such as areas near the aberdares?
Drawbacks?
Edyj
#34 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:42:01 PM

Dahatre wrote:
Continuing with a somewhat related issue, Can those of you with solar water heaters share your experience?

Cost?
Performance?
Reliability? especially in cold places such as areas near the aberdares?
Drawbacks?

Especially in the recent cold weather. Am thinking of getting one and doing away with the instant showers but scared of the performance in July weather
"The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score". - Bill Copeland

a4architect.com
#35 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:24:01 PM

mmarto wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:
mmarto wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:

@ a4architect.com, could you suggest such ones. I have brought in so many to assist but none has been able. naomba serikali ya wazua inisaidie tafadhali. martin dot mose at gmail

I understand. Currently, its not easy to find an educated and experienced plumber, carpenter/fittings/electrical and structural guy.
Quacks have invaded and completely demoralized them to extinction.
Colleges are no longer training them and the few in the market have been reduced through natural attrition.
I can email you contacts of a Mechanical Engineer for Building services. The work is too small or him though but am sure he can give consulting advisory to your plumber.
Email me info@a4architect.com
Impunity
#36 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:45:34 PM

mmarto wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:
mmarto wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:

The simplest solution is just to raise the tank a few meters above its current position....works best but may be a little more costly!

a4architect.com
#37 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:47:14 PM

@impunity. I once tried this with my overhead instant shower but didnt work.
Impunity
#38 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:55:54 PM

a4architect.com wrote:

My overhead Lorenzetti intant shower used not to work, my plumber blamed the airlocks...it still didnt work or worked occasionally especially when the tank was full.
I raised the tank 4 metres high and now both instant shower settings works perfect as if supplied directly from a kanjo water-line.

limanika
#39 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:51:06 PM

Impunity wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:

My overhead Lorenzetti intant shower used not to work, my plumber blamed the airlocks...it still didnt work or worked occasionally especially when the tank was full.
I raised the tank 4 metres high and now both instant shower settings works perfect as if supplied directly from a kanjo water-line.

Did you construct an external support structure to achieve the 4 metres- assuming it is not possible to get additional 4 metres inside the typical roof void?
Impunity
#40 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:53:10 PM

limanika wrote:
Impunity wrote:
a4architect.com wrote:

Did you construct an external support structure to achieve the 4 metres- assuming it is not possible to get additional 4 metres inside the typical roof void?

My tank is actually outside the roof, did a simple concrte plus steel structure to prop it up approx 4 meters just above the lintel(spl) height!
Works perfect so far...even in the kitchen taps are running fast and wenye jikoni are also happy!