wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

ZIMELE
liomungai
#1 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 11:36:42 AM

Just who are these guys?? Their money market fund usually does so well above average and they maintain a low profile. I visited their office and there was nothing flashy about them, given their media attention with an article every Thursday on the Money pullout of DN and also their contribution in The Financial Weekly show KTN. I understand they have been in the market for sometime but their history is very difficult to come by. What is there story???? Anybody who has dealt with them???
People who look for easy money invariably pay for the privilege of proving conclusively that it cannot be found on this sordid earth
accelriskconsult
#2 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 12:05:41 PM

liomungai wrote:
Just who are these guys?? Their money market fund usually does so well above average and they maintain a low profile. I visited their office and there was nothing flashy about them, given their media attention with an article every Thursday on the Money pullout of DN and also their contribution in The Financial Weekly show KTN. I understand they have been in the market for sometime but their history is very difficult to come by. What is there story???? Anybody who has dealt with them???

http://www.mashada.com/forums/67072-post1.html

In investment circles, Dzuya is considered a brilliant star that burned out too soon.

He was a regular presenter at the University of Nairobi Business school Finance students association seminars and he sounded quite intelligent.

I am happy to read from you and others that his successors have turned Zimele around.
liomungai
#3 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 12:13:08 PM

thanks to know.
>Zimele invstments was founded by Anthony Dzuya(late)...The
>guy lost 90 million invested by a client and rumors was that
>he ended his life :(..so its always nice to carefully look
>into funds before you invest.
>

Traf,

Zimele has done a complete turnaround. Dzuya did lose money, but the problem is that he was introducing a concept very many years ahead of its time. I am an investor through Zimele, and they are giving a return of 20% on their balanced portfolio for the year 2004! There is a lot of scope in the future, and with their expected transition as fund managers this year, they will be able to hold even more money, meaning higher returns. Their cost structure is very low as the company is managed by 2 very qualified financial analysts, and a lean administrative staff. I think they are a profitable investment if you cannot decide what stock to buy.

Kamale
People who look for easy money invariably pay for the privilege of proving conclusively that it cannot be found on this sordid earth
mkonomtupu
#4 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 12:17:26 PM

they are very good in their money market, i have been with them from 2006 and i like the customer service and the m-pesa function it has really helped me grow deposits, the statement are online. Withdrawal takes a week to hit your account.
Apple Bees
#5 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 12:30:11 PM

U can check their webpage www.zimele.net

There was a time their money market had a return of 8.5%, but i guess now it is slightly lower (but an improvement of 6.5% they had at the beginning of the year)
jano
#6 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 12:35:03 PM

are the 8.5 per returns after tax or before?
Gordon Gekko
#7 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 1:00:51 PM

jano wrote:
are the 8.5 per returns after tax or before?

Zimele is currently doing 7.2% check the scrolling numbers http://zimele.co.ke/
amolo
#8 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 1:01:56 PM

Currently Zimele money Market is at 7.2%, no withholding tax. Balanced fund depends on stock and therefore not doing that well currently.
Around 2006 I made a kill (I think it was around about 80%) on their balanced fund when stocks were doing very well.
Between 2007 and now made a loss of about 25% on balanced fund before I ran to money market fund. Zimele have been around for quiet some time. Personally I made a kill from Zimele.
Am still in in Money market fund.
My stocks at nse are currently negative and am doing a structured loss mitigation, pulling out of nse and re investing in TB, T bonds and Zimele and for now am recovering the nse losses quite well
maka
#9 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 8:23:19 PM

i think 7.2% on the money market fund is still quite low wunt i be better of buying a 364 day t bill giving me a return of around 10%.
possunt quia posse videntur
liomungai
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:33:55 PM

the guys at the helm now are one Sammy Muvelah and isaac njuguna I have come to know. but there website seems to be out for some reason... but the word is good from former clients
mkonomtupu
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:44:39 PM

maka wrote:
i think 7.2% on the money market fund is still quite low wunt i be better of buying a 364 day t bill giving me a return of around 10%.

does the t bill give compound interest?
Lolest!
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:31:51 PM

I would rather listen to wazua kossip than do a balanced fund with zimele or any other fund manager
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
ali
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:59:28 AM

Truth is, zimele are very good. Been with them tangu 07. Thou, sometimes, they give me free, unexplained cash...ok, once they gave me. Otherwise wako sober guys. I trust them
For in him (Jesus) we live and move and have our being-Acts 17:28
Pablo
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:52:37 AM

I first invested in Zimele in 1998 as a buddy of one of the 2 partners. Their balanced fund follows the market but actually beats it with some margin. By the time I pulled out I had possibly made about 250% over 4 or so years. But that was then.

By the way they also conceptualised, created and run KAPS the parking company on behalf of one of its cash investors.
young
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:40:37 PM

For Zimele to run a successful balanced fund, she has to invest part of the pool of funds offshore outside EA region.

Please let them know,
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Coolbull
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2011 9:52:28 PM

With Zimele..so far so good. I've always found them straight-forward. I'm in the MK Fund. I've always liked playing stocks for myself.
newfarer
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:56:57 AM

mkonomtupu wrote:
they are very good in their money market, i have been with them from 2006 and i like the customer service and the m-pesa function it has really helped me grow deposits, the statement are online. Withdrawal takes a week to hit your account.

what's up with their websites? its giving errors. wako sawa?
punda amecheka
mkonomtupu
#18 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 10:46:15 AM

newfarer wrote:
mkonomtupu wrote:

what's up with their websites? its giving errors. wako sawa?

I checked their website today looks okay as usual