nakujua wrote:
webish wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:
What did you reckon was the max speed for that car? Most Notes are 1500. Same as many Imprezas on the road. Wewe ulikuwa unaendecha nini?

its not the car..the driver too matters

Yeah, driver matters...I was on cruise control, speed hold of 120km/h, at that speed I didn't expect a nissan car shaped like an OMO box to overtake me.

I would have easily overtook the box if I wanted by simply flooring my gas pedal anyway!!!

Remember the max speed for both cars is the same, if your car is from japan and you have not tempered with it. Doesn't matter as long its a jap car muko sawa max speed wise

I have never been inside a Vitz/Duet and I dont want to imagine that the maximum speed of a duet is the same as that of Mark II...????
Pray Pray Pray

yes, its the same at 180 km/h.

I've always thought Speed is the same. A RR at 100KM/H is at same speed like a Note at 100KM/h.
Of course, what matters would be the "pick-up" etc. and weight of car at that speed. RR being very stable, while Note can actually topple over if not careful.
I always feel inspired when I tackle a bump same time with a Range, then how it picks-up thereafter and leaves me behind as I struggle rev". Always a very 'inspiring' moment for me. smile

The center of gravity for a range rover is actually higher than that of a note, so its easier for a range to topple over, in case of rolling over one is safer in low lying cars than the suv's - same goes for stability.

If you roll in a Note what are the chnaces that you will leave a live as compared to rolling inside a Range?

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

nakujua
#22 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:34:51 PM

Impunity wrote:

If you roll in a Note what are the chnaces that you will leave a live as compared to rolling inside a Range?

If both cars rolled over I have a feeling the range would be more safer - but a range would be more prone to roll over as compared to a Note and thus overall you are safer in a Note than a range in terms of roll overs.
Impunity
#23 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:09:06 PM

nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:

If both cars rolled over I have a feeling the range would be more safer - but a range would be more prone to roll over as compared to a Note and thus overall you are safer in a Note than a range in terms of roll overs.

Okay, minus roll-overs Range is king even if doing 5km/h!

smile smile

AlphDoti
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:41:16 PM

nakujua wrote:
webish wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:
What did you reckon was the max speed for that car? Most Notes are 1500. Same as many Imprezas on the road. Wewe ulikuwa unaendecha nini?

Yeah, driver matters...I was on cruise control, speed hold of 120km/h, at that speed I didn't expect a nissan car shaped like an OMO box to overtake me.

I would have easily overtook the box if I wanted by simply flooring my gas pedal anyway!!!

Remember the max speed for both cars is the same, if your car is from japan and you have not tempered with it. Doesn't matter as long its a jap car muko sawa max speed wise

I have never been inside a Vitz/Duet and I dont want to imagine that the maximum speed of a duet is the same as that of Mark II...????
Pray Pray Pray

I've always thought Speed is the same. A RR at 100KM/H is at same speed like a Note at 100KM/h.
Of course, what matters would be the "pick-up" etc. and weight of car at that speed. RR being very stable, while Note can actually topple over if not careful.
I always feel inspired when I tackle a bump same time with a Range, then how it picks-up thereafter and leaves me behind as I struggle rev". Always a very 'inspiring' moment for me. smile

The center of gravity for a range rover is actually higher than that of a note, so its easier for a range to topple over, in case of rolling over one is safer in low lying cars than the suv's - same goes for stability.

@nakujua nimecheka sana Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You see, you cannot analyze stability on center of gravity alone. Weight play a big role too.

It's like saying a kilo of lead is as stable as a kilo of wool. Nooooo.... even thought they weigh same, they are not same in stability. You can test it by putting both of them on table, and blow and see which one moves Liar Liar d'oh!

Bottomline: the range is heavier and the slight height (read center of gravity) is compensated very highly with its weight, hence still much stabler than the Nissan.

Please read manufacturer's specifications. That's why its more expensive, because it's a better machine in quality, which safety is one of them Pray Pray
Punda Mlia
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:32:01 PM

Those comparing Range and a Note...sure they can both travel at same speed. The levels of comfort, safety and driver experience is totally different at that speed.

Try doing 120km/hr in that Note and 22 wheel truck overtakes you travelling at 100kms in the opposite direction. Differential pressure would toss that koroboi in the bush.
tuvok
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:42:46 PM

limanika wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Was the engine a Nissan Note really or was the body a fake?
What capacity is this car in term of cc?
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Sad Sad Sad

Are you the guy who Revs up all the time so no one overtakes you on the highway? This could be good for your ego but not the pocket. The more you keep fluctuating the Revs up and down, the more gas you keep wasting.
I also thought that if you want real comparison between two machines, seek to find out how many rpm the engine runs at a given speed – compare the rpm to your engine at the same speed, same topography. Plus engine performance is determined by many factors – quality of fuel, age, mileage after last service, etc , etc.
Otherwise my car can do… say 240KM/hr. If you catch up with me doing 50KM/hr on the highway and overtake me, it is really no bother to me…Maybe I just decided to let momentum to do some of the work for me..

Wisdom there. Just because a less powerful/supposedly 'lesser' car overtakes doesn't really mean anything.
Museveni
#27 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 3:56:47 PM

Punda Mlia wrote:
Those comparing Range and a Note...sure they can both travel at same speed. The levels of comfort, safety and driver experience is totally different at that speed.

Try doing 120km/hr in that Note and 22 wheel truck overtakes you travelling at 100kms in the opposite direction. Differential pressure would toss that koroboi in the bush.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Applause Applause
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
limanika
#28 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:33:06 PM

Museveni wrote:
Punda Mlia wrote:

Applause Applause

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly The differential pressure (caused by high velocity air in between the truck and NOTE) will tend to ‘attract’ the NOTE towards the truck not the bush.. Even the Range will feel attracted… but none will be tossed over…
jaggernaut
#29 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:40:55 PM

People still excited by speed? And which 8yr old plus jalopy from Japan/UK would overtake the other? Sad!
Impunity
#30 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:16:09 PM

Punda Mlia wrote:

True word.
Applause Applause

obiero
#31 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:32:28 PM

Impunity wrote:
nakujua wrote:
webish wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

Pray Pray Pray

Wacha mambo ya kuroll. Hata brakes zitakataa kushika ka hio box ya OMO..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Punda Mlia
#32 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:13:16 PM

limanika wrote:
Museveni wrote:
Punda Mlia wrote:

Applause Applause

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly The differential pressure (caused by high velocity air in between the truck and NOTE) will tend to ‘attract’ the NOTE towards the truck not the bush.. Even the Range will feel attracted… but none will be tossed over…

@ limanika, this is how the koroboi ends in the bush:
As it pitana with the truck, the koroboi driver feels it gravitating towards the truck, instinctively, he slightly steers the other way to compensate. The truck is gone in a flash then suddenly 0 differential pressure. With his steering wheel slightly facing the road embankment - things happen fast & slow motion depending who you ask...Driver (fast), passengers (slow motion). Nikama muvee ni kama drama Laughing out loudly
Rankaz13
#33 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:16:20 PM

limanika wrote:
Museveni wrote:
Punda Mlia wrote:

Applause Applause

My Physics is a bit rusty but is that what we called Bernoulli's effect?
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
CLK
#34 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:41:45 PM

maka wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

very true some people can drive a volkswagen beetle and show you dust...
Rem this story... www.telegraph.co.uk/news...axi-in-airport-dash.html

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Usidharau, most of them are actually 2litre, just like their sister the Golf....
nakujua
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:45:01 PM

Impunity wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:

Okay, minus roll-overs Range is king even if doing 5km/h!

smile smile

of course the range is way superior compared to the note, they are not even in the same league thus the difference in price
obiero
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:58:33 PM

Punda Mlia wrote:
limanika wrote:
Museveni wrote:
Punda Mlia wrote:

Applause Applause

@ limanika, this is how the koroboi ends in the bush:
As it pitana with the truck, the koroboi driver feels it gravitating towards the truck, instinctively, he slightly steers the other way to compensate. The truck is gone in a flash then suddenly 0 differential pressure. With his steering wheel slightly facing the road embankment - things happen fast & slow motion depending who you ask...Driver (fast), passengers (slow motion). Nikama muvee ni kama drama Laughing out loudly

@punda. hio comment yako imenimaliza. ni kama muvee.. :)

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
nakujua
#37 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:12:22 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
nakujua wrote:
webish wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Impunity wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

Pray Pray Pray

@nakujua nimecheka sana Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You see, you cannot analyze stability on center of gravity alone. Weight play a big role too.

It's like saying a kilo of lead is as stable as a kilo of wool. Nooooo.... even thought they weigh same, they are not same in stability. You can test it by putting both of them on table, and blow and see which one moves Liar Liar d'oh!

Bottomline: the range is heavier and the slight height (read center of gravity) is compensated very highly with its weight, hence still much stabler than the Nissan.

Please read manufacturer's specifications. That's why its more expensive, because it's a better machine in quality, which safety is one of them Pray Pray

unless you have a vacuum in your mouth you will never blow over a kilo of wool or lead they are the same weight and you would need the same force to move either of them.
sielewi kicheko chako, I repeat again, in case of roll overs one is safer in the low lying cars than the suv's
Siringi
#38 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 8:13:50 AM

bird_man wrote:
The questions here should be:
(1)Whats the stability level of both say at 120Km/Hr
(2)Which will stop faster & without rolling from the 120Km/Hr
...otherwise "top speed" is nothing.

Agreed add:

(3)Driver comfort including hitting potholes and bumps and water pools /paddles

(4)in A RELATED THREAD i asked what could have happened if the trailer that got randy and landed on Media Personality Accident if he was driving the smaller korobi toys?

Trust me cruising beyond 80kmph in these koroboi toys is tempting Sir God. Your file shall be seen around Wote heading to Makueni?

PS the Shame on you VW Golf is in a totally different class. the beast is heavy and comes in 1600cc or 2000c. A pal fuels one full tank in Oksum siti and cruises all the way to Mombasa very fuel efficientsmile
"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
Impunity
#39 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 9:48:07 AM

CLK wrote:
maka wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

very true some people can drive a volkswagen beetle and show you dust...
Rem this story... www.telegraph.co.uk/news...axi-in-airport-dash.html

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Usidharau, most of them are actually 2litre, just like their sister the Golf....

Which beetle is this? You mean the air-cooled type???????

d'oh! d'oh!

sitaki.kujulikana
#40 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 10:13:15 AM

its folly that makes one comfort themselves in their metallic cages, accident kill and maim it doesn't matter how expensive or cheap your metallic cage is. When that thing bolts anything can happen, people die in all sorts of cars and people walk from all sort of cars during accidents.

the safest is not to be involved in an accident, always ask your maker to keep you safe and stop relying on those metallic cages.