wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Cyber Security
ChessMaster
#81 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:04:16 AM

digitek1 wrote:
techboy wrote:
Oh .i just feel like hacking the cfc online trading system (activelite) . All i need is one public ip address and wireshark software to do some serious sniffing of password. Who want to beat me to that first ?

Applause Applause we need an active hacking underground if we are truly to become the silicon Savannah

Trying to pull a 4chan on Wazuad'oh!

On other news

Personal E-mails may fall under government inspection
Uncertainty is certain.Let go
ChessMaster
#82 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:57:16 AM

digitek1 wrote:
techboy wrote:
Oh .i just feel like hacking the cfc online trading system (activelite) . All i need is one public ip address and wireshark software to do some serious sniffing of password. Who want to beat me to that first ?

Applause Applause we need an active hacking underground if we are truly to become the silicon Savannah

Skills for elite hackers:
1.OSI layer.
2.Have to know languages(preferably low-level languages).C/C++ is a must.Java is also expected although its managed code.
3.Databases.
4.Web technologies.
5.Various protocols at your fingertips.
6.An up to date exploit database.
8.Diverse with OS
9.Computer(and smartphone) design
10.Compiler design
11.Coding drivers.
12.Social engineering.
13.Malware,viruses and rootkits as well as antivuris knowledge.
14.Cryptography.
15.Bots,crawlers and AI.
16.Electrical engineering.

Have I missed anything?If you have those skills you instantly become an international threat!
quicksand
#83 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:21:44 AM

ChessMaster wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
techboy wrote:

Skills for elite hackers:
1.OSI layer.
2.Have to know languages(preferably low-level languages).C/C++ is a must.Java is also expected although its managed code.
3.Databases.
4.Web technologies.
5.Various protocols at your fingertips.
6.An up to date exploit database.
8.Diverse with OS
9.Computer(and smartphone) design
10.Compiler design
11.Coding drivers.
12.Social engineering.
13.Malware,viruses and rootkits as well as antivuris knowledge.
14.Cryptography.
15.Bots,crawlers and AI.
16.Electrical engineering.

Have I missed anything?If you have those skills you instantly become an international threat!

Yes. You need proficiency in assembly language programming, reverse engineering with the use of disassemblers, decompilers, profilers and debuggers, mastery of your target's CPU architecture (stack, cache, CISC/RISC, registers, instruction set) and heuristics to avoid being easily defeated by Mr Kaspersky and his anti-virus friends.
@techboy, you have all these? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
ChessMaster
#84 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:21:25 AM

This is bad

They are really tempting me to be a white hat.
symbols
#85 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:00:45 PM

Hmmmm,I'm wondering what world governments will do if someone creates a self-evolving AI malware.
symbols
#86 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 8:00:47 AM

symbols
#87 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 4:57:05 AM

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 01:52:10 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Vary: Cookie
X-hacker: If you're reading this, you should visit automattic.com/jobs and apply to join the fun, mention this header.

Has to be the strangest place I'd expect to get a job.
symbols
#88 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 4:11:30 PM

I've noticed something with some Kenyan websites which use pesapal.Developers are letting the client handle the request sent to pesapal.Like an old hack from paypal,you can edit the price of the product and pay what you want e.g. 5shs for a 10k product.I don't want issues with my mpesa account so I haven't tried it out,but I guess it will work.
symbols
#89 Posted : Sunday, June 09, 2013 5:45:47 PM

symbols
#90 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:48:31 PM

Microsoft offers hefty bounties to thwart hackers

Quote:
(Reuters) - Microsoft Corp is looking to recruit computer geeks in its ongoing efforts to protect Windows PCs from attacks, offering rewards of as much as $150,000 to anybody who helps identify and fix major security holes in its software.

150k.Joke of the day.

‘Anonymous’ search engine sees rocketing growth following NSA revelations

Kim Dotcom: All Megaupload servers 'wiped out without warning in data massacre'

symbols
#91 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:31:11 PM

ChessMaster wrote:
Let's get serious.Android is a magnet for mobile malware.Couple that with mobile money and we've got a recipe for disaster.Solutions?

Mobile malware explodes, hits corporate networks

STK + Key logger + Sms interceptor.Its only a matter of time before an API is developed.

U.S. energy companies seen at risk from cyber attacks: CFR report

Die hard 4 again.Reminds me of the siege,wag the dog and 911.

Bush advisor: Hastings crash ‘consistent with a car cyberattack

symbols
#92 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:08:39 AM

Nation paper Friday 5/2013. Internet Security - World in dire need of personnel to fight cyber crime. Self destructive nature that I suffer from.

Let's start at home.

symbols
#93 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 3:16:07 AM

Knowledge,communication and encryption.We live in an age where teenagers can create nuclear reactors in basements(lol),pull off zero-day hacks(for fun),3d print a gun and the availability of the anarchist cookbooks.Let's not even speak of the dark web.

Politics as we know it is dying.Your money no good hereLaughing out loudly

Now governments are left with two options,try to control and monitor information or not.But human nature tells us that there will always be individuals who seek power and are willing to disregard the lives of others to attain it.But then again governments are tempted to become the very evil they wish to vanquish.Disregarding the ones in government who aim to attain that very money and power,prudence would dictate taking precautions on both internal and external threats.

Now let's play chess and focus on the pawn,the youth.Youth have an aversion to authority and are getting used to if not already addicted to the free web.Now circus and bread won't work since governments are moving on the web,essentially cutting the 'supply'.But then again youth pick up knowledge like a sponge and what is considered spectacular to the former generation is second nature to them.

Combining open source movements,current unemployment and sheer numbers,one of the biggest bubble in the black market which will eventually become mainstream is 3d printing specs where individuals can print products like phones,processors,routers and their derivatives just to get off the grid.

Obviously governments will brand this as the works of terrorists and anyone who undermines the government is technically a terrorist.Oh the philosophy of democracy.

It boils down to recycling technologies,advanced materials,independent sustainable energy technologies and communication.Most of the things we want to do rely on two things: resources and communication.Resources to facilitate our objectives/actions and communication because no man is an island especially in this ever connected world.
symbols
#94 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 8:25:39 PM

maka
#95 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 11:20:30 PM

my oh my nimepata headache trying to read this technical jargon...
possunt quia posse videntur
murchr
#96 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 11:58:42 PM

In the next 30 minutes mtoke nje mpigwe picha A photograph of Earth is being taken from a billion miles away in about an hour. (From 9:27 to 9:42pm GMT, to be exact) Go outside to be in the shot.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
symbols
#97 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 12:23:02 AM

murchr wrote:
In the next 30 minutes mtoke nje mpigwe picha A photograph of Earth is being taken from a billion miles away in about an hour. (From 9:27 to 9:42pm GMT, to be exact) Go outside to be in the shot.

nice
symbols
#98 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 12:59:03 AM

symbols
#99 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:02:44 AM

Central Bank of Kenya’s Website Hacked

Quote:
The CBK website is hosted by Safaricom which also hosts many other key website including that of the IEBC. The host has suffered many attacks in in the recent past. Hacking attack can however not be blamed on the host as the webmaster handling the site security might also have let his guard down.

Code-breaker Karsten Nohl: ‘Phone users can’t do much against SIM hackers’

Quote:
The worst case scenario that I could foresee is criminals acquiring enough information to hack a few million cards in the country,” Nohl added. “The main short term threat after criminals finally acquire this attack method is fraud. They will abuse the cards to send premium SMS, for instance. They can also steal banking tokens from them in countries where that is used.

Curious.Same day the story broke CBK was hacked.M-pesa app anyone?
quicksand
#100 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:14:05 AM

maka wrote:
my oh my nimepata headache trying to read this technical jargon...

Don't be excessively worried. Security experts have been known to exaggerate threats (creates markets for anti-virus, privacy, encryption and related products as well as creating consultancy work Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ). These guys thrive on fear. They are like those doomsday preachers who rant on and on about a fiery apocalypse.
I am not saying there are no threats. Threats abound and we should all take precautions.