wazua Mon, May 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Anthony Wahome(LINKSOFT) and Ayitsi Makatiani
ProverB
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 10:07:26 AM

http://www.businessdaily...0/-/qlhcak/-/index.html
Business Daily wrote:
Politician Kenneth Matiba has lost his 37-year grip on Hillcrest International Schools in a sale deal that marks the exit of one of Kenya’s pioneer investors from the education sector.

The premium schools chain is now in the hands of a group of investors led by two self-made IT millionaires, Ayisi Makatiani and Anthony Wahome.

...just wondering why two people so passionate on IT would invest so heavily on basic education project..

Makatiani wrote:
With this acquisition, we wish to confirm that we are setting off on a grand journey to transform Hillcrest International Schools into world class educational institutions in what we hope will soon be a showcase impact investment project

..something worth watching...

on other quite off the cuff news..
..when did this happen?

Business Daily wrote:
Mediamax Ltd, a company linked to the Kenyatta family acquired assets of Rose Kimotho’s Kameme FM and K-24 television station

... ..uhuru anafanya?
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
Elder
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 12:17:20 PM

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause for Wahome and Makatiani.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Pablo
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 12:27:29 PM

Knowing Mr. Wahome he is a guy to watch. He is a very shrewed but ethical businessman. I know he also jumps on property when he sees something undervalued. I am sure the land on the Karen school must have sweetened the deal for him.
accelriskconsult
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 12:34:44 PM

Pablo I concur. There is a shortage of engineers in the communications arena. I would not be surprised if Hilcrest was transformed into a leading technology university/college.
KenyanLyrics
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:59:15 PM

Ayisi Makatiani is one determined cockroach! The man refuses to die, despite numerous failures! Applause
Genghis Khan
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:12:50 PM

ProverB wrote:
...just wondering why two people so passionate on IT would invest so heavily on basic education project..

Someone tells me Mr. Wahome owns a school along Ngong Rd. Rose of Sharon Academy... maybe he's not so heavily IT.
"I'd rather be lucky than clever... every time!" - ME
"The problem is not what we don't know... it's what we know for sure that just ain't!" - MARK TWAIN
"Space we can recover... time never!" - NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
mozenrat
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:30:34 PM

KenyanLyrics wrote:
Ayisi Makatiani is one determined cockroach! The man refuses to die, despite numerous failures! Applause

Eish.. what do you mean failures? This guy started Africa's largest ISP from a university dorm room and sold it at the right time making millions. or do you mean his failure to raise funds for Gallium? which resulted in him being appointed as CEO of an even bigger AMSCO
story teller
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:55:55 PM

KenyanLyrics wrote:

@KenyanLyrics, i know this guy and he is one very smart dude! I concur with @Pablo, the land in Karen alone is worth the investment.

Kids pay upwards of 1 M a year to go to these schools....unbelievable..
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
accelriskconsult
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 6:19:38 PM

Genghis Khan wrote:
ProverB wrote:

Someone tells me Mr. Wahome owns a school along Ngong Rd. Rose of Sharon Academy... maybe he's not so heavily IT.

Yes he does but providing services to telcos is where he gets the cash from. My understanding is that he also does a lot of community work in education - some through Rose of Sharon.
ProverB
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2011 6:06:57 PM

accelriskconsult wrote:
Genghis Khan wrote:
ProverB wrote:

Yes he does but providing services to telcos is where he gets the cash from. My understanding is that he also does a lot of community work in education - some through Rose of Sharon.

Apparently wahome is putting up Rose of Sharon in Ethiopia?? What i would give for coffee with this guy!!
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
samsa
#11 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 8:15:45 AM

I finally managed to sit this dude Antony Wahome down on a coffee table. The guy is smart and ethical. I loved the way he does his businesses.
mjuaji wa stocks
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:06:27 AM

Sorry;

Arent they the front men for Rockefeller investments?

Who are the major shareholders of their investment fund - i think fanisi capital?

check well, Rockeller yuko hapo ... i will not be suprised kama hawa sio wahindi wa kina rockefeller and co..

God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!