wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Avoid CFC Stanbic loans They are thieves
jerry
#41 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 9:46:51 PM

How does FAULU manage to give loans at 1%p.m. interest rate and at the same time give 12%p.a. interest on fixed deposits? Saw this on DN.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
CLK
#42 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 9:51:28 PM

premio wrote:
Am beggining to like this bank....13.5% is a new LOW and means they now care MORE about their clients and my issue was sorted out amicably.

Do not even if its free, took a loan with them in 2009, sometime in 2010 i decided to top it up and ofcourse extend the term of the loan. Guess what, they retained the remainder period of the existing loan, so i was shocked when my salo hit the bank and a couple of days later i thought someone stole the money. Went to the bank they explained to me what had happened, for a loan whose maths i had done and was supposed to be repaying abt 23k a month, i was being charged 48k, needless to say sikuwa na rent for that month, they promised to look into it, the same thing happened the second month, same story, we will look into it. So two consecutive months my landlord was beginning to thick i was upto something, a banker friend of mine advised me to jump ship, asked my employer to send my salo to the new bank, then diligently i started depositing 23k in the CFC account.
I sought audience with the credit guys at the bank physically and they promised to do something abt it, ohh ati there was a typo in indicating the new tenure for the loan in the application yet i had a copy showing where i had signed on the dotted line.
Now every month there was someone from the bank calling me to say there was not enough money to repay the loan, i would explain what had happened and they would promise to do something about it.
My new bank then advised that i could have them buy the loan. this was like six months down the line, i wrote a letter to CFC asking them to take their money from my account and closed the damn accounts, following day i got a call from the branch manager, who promised to have the issue sorted, end of that month it was the same drama. luckily the loan from my new bank was in the account already and i was back to being in good books with my landlord.
I finally did the obvious, that i should have done the first month the drama started, as it is i paid for all the penalties, can i sue them now?

I bank with CBA, so far things are good, efficient services, i have not seen anything fishy, my statements show clearly how much was deducted for the principle and how much for the interest.
they DO NOT charge a coin for early offsets.
their rates are average, and they bend over backwards to please their clients, i even negotiate interest rates as an individual, not congested, internet banking is free, simple and straight forward procedures.
mmarto
#43 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 1:37:49 PM

CLK wrote:
[quote=premio]Am beggining to like this bank....13.5% is a new LOW and means they now care MORE about their clients and my issue was sorted out amicably.

I had banked with this bank for more than 10 years then they "forced" me to take their credit card, and upon realising the terms, i rejected it. Then they kept piling the charges till they hit 11K. They then referred me to credit ref bureau. Can you imagine that???? A faithful >>10 year old customer whose account flow is more than 2M per year. I almost took them to court but they quickly withdrew my name but it was too late. I am happy at SCB. I can also vouch for CBA. its been 8 months now.
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
jerry
#44 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 5:44:00 PM

SCB is good. I wss with them for >10yrs. Thinking of NIC
jerry
#45 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 5:46:40 PM

jerry wrote:
SCB is good. I wss with them for >10yrs. Thinking of NIC

I've no problem with BBK credit card.
mwekez@ji
#46 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:17:40 PM

No wonder the PBB (Personal and Business Banking) of this Bank is making losses. They seem to be putting all effort on their cash cow CIB (Corporate and Investment Banking). However, i must note that of late there they are beginning to also put effort on the PBB. Hope it'll change things like i see in Post #40
Mkimwa
#47 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 10:43:16 AM

premio wrote:
Am beggining to like this bank....13.5% is a new LOW and means they now care MORE about their clients and my issue was sorted out amicably.

Such a change of tone.. You sure someone didn't call you and ask you to change your story as long as they solve the issue "amicably"?

Some banks dont like any negative publicity..
VituVingiSana
#48 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:39:38 AM

CfC Stanbic fined Sh1m for wrong credit bureau listing
https://www.businessdail...0660-fxjy89z/index.html
CfC Stanbic said that it did not regularise their accounts in accordance with the notice and consequently, their details were forwarded to the bureau.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#49 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:45:14 AM

bird_man wrote:
Hey Premio,
CFC Stanbic was doing a system upgrade at about that time so I'm sure there were system issues especially with interest calculation on loans.Best thing to do is visit the credit manager with your repayment evidence & work out the loan off the system.Once you come to an agreeable balance it will then be booked into the system as the correct balance.
You could go ahead & sue them....but could be damn expensive for an issue that can easily be solved with some few meetings.

CfC Stanbic fined Sh1m for wrong credit bureau listing
https://www.businessdail...0660-fxjy89z/index.html
CfC Stanbic said that it did not regularise their accounts in accordance with the notice and consequently, their details were forwarded to the bureau.
Wizi tu. They should have sat down with the couple and sorted the issue out amicably. The judge should have given the couple a lot more money. I hope more people use this judgment as a basis to sue Stanbic.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett