wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<12345>»
First timer-Cars
JkMwatha
#41 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:41:56 PM

Siringi wrote:
Smiling at cops na Kusema Afande Sasa? especially when you flout the new traffic rules
Having the local 'traffic commandants' number or somebody who know's him on speed dial
mechanic's number na garage on speed dial
Some shops along Dar Es Salaam road ama Grogoni...
Fuel gauge... and jumpers

And also as someone previously said....keep a blanket, cushions, some snacks... and may be a beer... in the boot.
You never know when car-jackers strike and you're thrown in the boot. You may be there for a while...
Tebes
#42 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:36:19 PM

Quick tips.
First always wear a safety belt.
Always be on the look out for car strange sounds. Do service religiously.
Give way to idiots. Saves a lot in less stress,less time in garages, less vehicle depreciation, less enemies, less passage of time negotiating at scene of crime or at insurance or at police stations.
If going on a. long safari, trust not the car.
Always take pressure and adjust accordingly.
Always keep tyres at 5mm dept.
Don't overload.
etc...

to be continued........continue
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
Impunity
#43 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 9:18:27 AM

jamplu wrote:
Euge wrote:
kamundu wrote:
Euge wrote:
Preferable use a maintenance free battery. Costs a little more but also gives peace of mind.

Ive had very bad experiences with maintenance free batteries. As they age, they loose power chap chap, so you are doomed if you listen to the radio while car is off in traffic. Just use zile za acid. They have longer shelf life and are more reliable.

I have not had problems but would like to hear what others got to say.

Never had a problem too. Life is between 3-4 years. If you overload it 2 Years.

And how do you overload a car battery?
The thing is constantly charging and discharging, please collect me!
Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Meduza
#44 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 1:18:53 PM

JkMwatha wrote:
Siringi wrote:
Smiling at cops na Kusema Afande Sasa? especially when you flout the new traffic rules
Having the local 'traffic commandants' number or somebody who know's him on speed dial
mechanic's number na garage on speed dial
Some shops along Dar Es Salaam road ama Grogoni...
Fuel gauge... and jumpers

And also as someone previously said....keep a blanket, cushions, some snacks... and may be a beer... in the boot.
You never know when car-jackers strike and you're thrown in the boot. You may be there for a while...

hii nitaiombea iwe Shindwe!!!smile smile
You cant win, unless you first begin....
jaggernaut
#45 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 3:45:18 PM

1. Never give a lift to a stranger. You might end up hijacked or even dead.

2. Do not turn your car into a 'house of sin'. Therefore, never ever stop at K-street to admire those thighs. 'A friend' once fell into temptation when one of the beauties made an offer for a 'quick massage' in the car only for him to get home and realize that his brand new Samsung S3 was missing as well as the 20k that was in his coat pocket.
pleasecallme
#46 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 3:45:43 PM

http://www.ears.my/aware...intenance-free-battery/ interesting read...
You kill bird...bird dead snake come.
Prime
#47 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 7:01:51 PM

Please read the car maintenance bibles below. Your knowledge will get you smiles and respect everywhere

http://www.carbibles.com/
jamplu
#48 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 8:19:45 PM

Impunity wrote:
jamplu wrote:
Euge wrote:
kamundu wrote:
Euge wrote:
Preferable use a maintenance free battery. Costs a little more but also gives peace of mind.

Ive had very bad experiences with maintenance free batteries. As they age, they loose power chap chap, so you are doomed if you listen to the radio while car is off in traffic. Just use zile za acid. They have longer shelf life and are more reliable.

Sad

Start with devices... Radio,Equalizers,Amplifiers,GPS Receivers,wengine uongeza flood lights and you still want to charge your phone i think there was something like Peukert's Law ama kitu kaa hio
maka
#49 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 11:55:28 PM

jamplu wrote:
Impunity wrote:
jamplu wrote:
Euge wrote:
kamundu wrote:
Euge wrote:

Sad

Start with devices... Radio,Equalizers,Amplifiers,GPS Receivers,wengine uongeza flood lights and you still want to charge your phone i think there was something like Peukert's Law ama kitu kaa hio

I agree with Bwana Kamundu those batts zikianza kubeat kwisha maneno it can misbehave at the worst of moments atleast the acid ones behave a bit...lakini battery ni pesa kidogo...wekanga kwa budget every after those 3-4 years...patia watchman...
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#50 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:04:37 AM

Meduza wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
treat your car as if it has a soul, give it a name and occasionally give a rub of polish as you whistle your favorite tune, take photos with it and never admire other cars in traffic and it will never let you down smile

yeah sure...am thinking of giving her a name...smile smile

Surely...I know of a Passaris and Tai rateng hizi zinapendwa hadi zinaoshwanga na dasani then zinapakwa valon zing'are.
possunt quia posse videntur
Njung'e
#51 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 2:23:09 PM

The maintenance free battery is a modified flooded battery (Flooded is the name for your kawaida battery).Difference being in construction where the manufacturer restricts access to the internal cells compartments and possibly some modification of the compartments.He goes ahead to ensure that sufficient amount of acid is put in the battery to sustain the chemical reaction under normal use throughout the battery life.......

.....and so,a battery type choice is about whether you want to be in charge of it's maintenance or you leave it to fate.Note therefore then that,either type can fail without notice and none is superior to the other.

@Impunity,
Una-let down mavijana saaana!.....If a batt cannot be overloaded,why then,do you have different "sizes" of batts?eg N40,N50,N70,N90?Sad
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Meduza
#52 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:31:26 PM

maka wrote:
Meduza wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
treat your car as if it has a soul, give it a name and occasionally give a rub of polish as you whistle your favorite tune, take photos with it and never admire other cars in traffic and it will never let you down smile

yeah sure...am thinking of giving her a name...smile smile

Surely...I know of a Passaris and Tai rateng hizi zinapendwa hadi zinaoshwanga na dasani then zinapakwa valon zing'are.

am in love with her...so u guess she will be one spoil car....am thinking of changing the sex to him not her...LOL
mpobiz
#53 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 12:50:11 PM

jaggernaut wrote:

2. Do not turn your car into a 'house of sin'. Therefore, never ever stop at K-street to admire those thighs. 'A friend' once fell into temptation when one of the beauties made an offer for a 'quick massage' in the car only for him to get home and realize that his brand new Samsung S3 was missing as well as the 20k that was in his coat pocket.

Also contrary to popular belief please NO LUNGULA in the car
Hio itakuletea ndiro( bad luck)
Constant breakdowns
Accidents out of no where
The after-smell lasts forever in the car
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
kysse
#54 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:32:00 PM

Oh lord,Maintaining a car is difficult than raising quadruplets..
WakaWaka
#55 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:57:56 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Realize that many drivers are idiots who always flout traffic rules and thus always give way. I learnt it the hard way when I refused to give way to an idiot who was trying to overtaking me while there was an oncoming vehicle. I refused to slow down to give him space to get back to the correct lane (i wanted to teach the idiot a lesson) and he opted to hit my car kwa side to avoid a head-on collision with the oncoming vehicle. I nearly wept due to the damage to my car, though he did pay for the repairs. So always give way to those matatu and probox idiots, for the sake of your life and to avoid unnecessary police/insurance cases and hours at the garage. They call it defensive driving.

Very sound advice. Resist the urge to accelerate when being overtaken. Slow down instead and let the other guy return to the proper lane lest you pay dearly.

Accord an healthy respect to long trucks and buses at corners and round-abouts. Allow them an extra lane especially when going into and coming out of the corner.
Meduza
#56 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:07:08 PM

mpobiz wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

Constant breakdowns

smile smile smile
Rankaz13
#57 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:30:23 PM

Quote:
Constant breakdowns

I've heard of this issue for quite a while now, dunno whether to call it a myth or an old wives' tale (my sincere apologies to all ladies out there, no pun intended). I'm curious enough to wanna know how true this is. Any wazuans care to share their experiences or those if 'people they kno'smile ?
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
WakaWaka
#58 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:48:06 PM

kamundu wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Avoid on economizing on 0.0001cents fuel by putting the engine off downhill. That silly stunt might just kill you. In the morning, when you put it on let it run abit.. think of it as warm-up. And always have it washed regularly(not just the outside), blow-dry the engine.. Dust has a way crippling an engine.

Budget for your first accident. I'm yet to come across someone who's never had a scrape. God loves me if my first car, so many years ago, when I was hot blodded(read 180km/hr every opportunity) didn't kill me.

You do not need to warm up petrol engines. They autmotacally rev higher in cold temps. Thats just wasting fuel

Oil is needed in the engine for lubrication and cooling. The main parts that need lubrication are the crankshaft, camshafts, rocker arm and the cylinder itself. Whereas the crankshaft splashes around in the sump, oil has to be pumped through channels in the engine block to reach the camshafts, rocker arm and cylinder. Oil drains by gravity into the sump when engine is not operating. Warming up the engine allows the oil to be pumped around the engine block for lubrication, reducing metal on metal contact and reducing wear and tear.
Meduza
#59 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:55:21 PM

Thank you all...I was clueless abt cars. great learning
King G
#60 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 9:40:11 AM

while fueling, you need to be on the lookout for attendants who are thieves. Get out of the car, fuel odd numbers and change the amount requested once in a while rather all the time use any other trick. otherwise .....
Thieves